Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, Lee was the pigeon. In the next to last episode the pigeon is trapped in the house and in the finale the pigeon finally finds the door and freedom.

This was Lee....trapped in his father's shadow/world for so long and no on Earth he is finally free to find his own way.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense.

Well, it was edited really badly then, because the way it was put together makes you automatically assume that that's the earth they landed on and found it a nuclear wasteland. I tend to believe that they didn't quite know where they were headed at that point in the series, and at that time it WAS the earth that they landed on. Then later the writers finally settled on an ending and so now they're back-tracking and saying it was this 'new' earth all along. Eh, whatever, still confusing.

Pretty sure the writers were going for the misdirection all along. A lot of what happened on the show has parallels to the original series and the original crew landed on nuclear holocaust world that they thought was Earth but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Pretty sure the writers were going for the misdirection all along. A lot of what happened on the show has parallels to the original series and the original crew landed on nuclear holocaust world that they thought was Earth but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Yep, Moore said that they told the Effects people to make it a Earth-like planet, but to put cloud coverage on it so that no landmasses were visible from orbit.

Dunno if this has been posted before, but i09 talked to Ron Moore about BSG's ending and he mentions another ending that ended up on the cutting room floor:

io9 Exclusive: The Battlestar Galactica Finale You Didn't See

The Battlestar Galactica ending you saw last Friday wasn't the one that creator Ronald D. Moore originally had in mind. RDM told us how the show could have ended: with one pissed-off, grudge-holding cylon.

Besides the upcoming movies and Caprica would you ever revisit the Battlestar characters?

You know, you never say never - which I've really learned in this business... I can just tell you that there's no plan to do anything like that. There's not even like a notion in my head. Right now, there are no plans. But you never know.

Practically speaking, the sets have been destroyed, so there's no set to go shoot on, and that would be an enormous expense to recreate those sets. Now, I will tell you that we digitally archived all the sets top to bottom completely. So we have a virtual archive of Galactica, and all the sets and props and wardrobe and all of that. So you could theoretically go back and try and do something again. We just sort of did that and put it in the vault for later. But there's nothing that I can see that lends itself towards that. And when you see the finale, you'll know that we really do put a period at the end of the sentence, in terms of the story that we've been telling.

What about the endings that you brainstormed that didn't get made for BSG? Can you talk about those at all?

There was a different ending that we had, it was all about Ellen aboard the Colony. She was sort of turned by Cavil, because she found out that Tigh had impregnated Caprica Six, and that deeply embittered her. And she sort of became dedicated to the idea of destroying Galactica and the fleet out of revenge. And [she and Cavil] got Hera, and then the final confrontation became very personalized between Tigh versus Ellen, and should they forgive.

That was the story, generally speaking. We didn't have a lot more than just what I spun out to you, when the writer's strike hit. Over the course of the writer's strike, I rethought about it and thought, "That's not going to do it. It's not epic enough. It's not interesting enough." That's when we decided to start over, and reinvent the last arc of the show.

And I know it's not really fair to ask but really quick just curious, who's your favorite character on BSG?

Baltar. Baltar's probably my favorite character.

Were you ever worried when you started to spin that character off into the deep end, that you'd never be able to bring him back?

Yeah but that was always the challenge. I always liked doing that. I always wanted to kick him out, and then see if I could reel him back.

Also, Ron Moore talks about Daniel and how that character gave him the most trouble.

Did anyone else notice that Kara's mother was the caretaker who quit taking care of Baltar's father on Caprica?

I can't do screen grabs unfortunately...

Btw does anyone know where I can get all the specials and the Eick video blogs from? I can't watch them for some reason as they only work in the US, not sure why they would do that.

Dorothy Lyman played her mom and she's not listed in IMDB as having been in the finale so I guess not. :lol

;)

It is interesting to note that the guy who played the piano player is listed as "Dreilide Thrace"....

I thought his name was Daniel Thrace, as a play on the "lost" Cylon? I though I heard it being said somewhere he was named that.

Back