Battleship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could get interesting if Hollywood keeps up this trend of making movies out of boardgames.

3hposter.jpg

:wave

Will this be in 3D..:yuck

Missed the boat on this one.(pun intended).

Could've done some sort of alternate history flick with a Naval standoff and battle between a US & Russian fleet. Instead they go with the f___in' aliens again.

It looks like decent popcorn entertainment at the least, but it could surprise - you never know. Then again, six out of Liam Neeson's last seven movies have "rotten" ratings on RT.

The thing I find interesting is basing this on the Battleship game? IIRC, the only thing you do is call out coordinates and hope to hit a ship. There'd damn well better be a scene with some coordinates being called out and someone saying "you sank my ... [something]!"

Universal sunk $200 million into this POS. And they balked at del Toro's At The Mountains of Madness film which was going to be produced by Jim Cameron. That's the real travesty here.

I don't know - POTC was based on a ride. Being 'based' on the game is pretty open to interpretation. Just because we aren't creative enough to come up with a reasonable interpretation of the game for a movie doesn't mean someone else can't. It certainly has plenty going against it...but since we get so few naval movies these days, I'm willing to give it a chance.

And on a sort of related note, if I hear one more person say that Real Steel is based on Rockem Sockem Robots, I'm going to slap them soooooo hard....

I'm going to be completely honest....that trailer looked dumb as hell. I watched it on my phone at work with the volume turned off, and my first impression is that it looks like a Transformers ripoff.

I'm going to be completely honest....that trailer looked dumb as hell.

:hi5: So few people seem to have the basic reasoning skills to tell when something is garbage.

I played alot of battleship, usually against friends and my dad, the point being it was two live human beings in control of a naval fleet. I don't remember the part with an extraterrestrial machine that can fly.

Are two naval fleets destroying each other not action enough for the 2011 a.d.d. retard genre, do we really we need a giant transforming alien that fires pegs? The point is they could have made any idiotic garbage as long as a Naval ship was in a single shot and called it Battleship because all this is, is using a brand name people are familar with to try to trick them into seeing an unrelated movie that otherwise would be a ____ing joke the likes of skyline. People should be genuinely angry that the studio thinks your stupid enough to buy into that and yet...

It honestly looks hilarious. The story of the Liam Neeson and the kid is like Armageddon with Willis and Affleck, and the Alien robot looks like a Bayformer.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_1KlWFJyA"]‪Tetris - The Movie‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Tetris movie looks good.

Back