Battlefield 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone didn't watch the video
Someone didn't get the point. Or...

HandleTheTruth.jpg

Don't mind him, he's the most depressed, shallow, negative chap on the board.
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! I'm the most neutral, especially after your post :peace

It appears they develop the game as best as they can then downgrade it for the current gen of Consoles.

So that should in theory make it as best as possible on PS4. Somehow that doesn't seem likely though.

Never played a Battlefield game but that gameplay footage looks impressive to say the least. Been debating on if I should pick up BF3 or just wait for this. Is BF3 a must have anyone?

Never played a Battlefield game but that gameplay footage looks impressive to say the least. Been debating on if I should pick up BF3 or just wait for this. Is BF3 a must have anyone?

It's a fun game, but not for everyone. There's a steep learning curve. Especially if you're new to these types of games. The single player is garbage, so don't buy it for that. If you have a few mates to play with, it's a must have game that'll keep on giving. If you're flying solo online, just kill yourself now. Just my 2 cents.

Mhmmm BF3 is still gonna be very active in multiplayer for a while even after BF4 releases, so if you just want to give it a try and not spend much money, go for it.

Yes, the learning curve is just a little high but enjoyable and the gameplay is very rewarding, if you're an FPS fan, this is one of the best you can play on consoles, if not the best.

But if you want to fully get immersed in the competitive environment, wait for BF4 so you can play against people your own skill level, it'd be easier to pick up and rank up.

And yeah, don't expect anything from the SP campaign, this is purely a MP experience.

Great avatar by the way XD

Yes, BF3 is awesome

It's a fun game, but not for everyone. There's a steep learning curve. Especially if you're new to these types of games. The single player is garbage, so don't buy it for that. If you have a few mates to play with, it's a must have game that'll keep on giving. If you're flying solo online, just kill yourself now. Just my 2 cents.

Mhmmm BF3 is still gonna be very active in multiplayer for a while even after BF4 releases, so if you just want to give it a try and not spend much money, go for it.

Yes, the learning curve is just a little high but enjoyable and the gameplay is very rewarding, if you're an FPS fan, this is one of the best you can play on consoles, if not the best.

But if you want to fully get immersed in the competitive environment, wait for BF4 so you can play against people your own skill level, it'd be easier to pick up and rank up.

And yeah, don't expect anything from the SP campaign, this is purely a MP experience.

Great avatar by the way XD

Dang lol I was hoping the single player campaign was good. Ive been burnt out on FPS multi lately. Perhaps I will wait for this and KZ:SF to jump back into the genre. Thanks!

Dang lol I was hoping the single player campaign was good. Ive been burnt out on FPS multi lately. Perhaps I will wait for this and KZ:SF to jump back into the genre. Thanks!

Well it's not that it's baaad per say, is just not remarkable in any way I can see, there are many FPS that have better stories, I couldn't say if BF4 campaign will be good, but there's a chance, another reason for you to wait for it.

I enjoyed the campaign.

I did not hate it, but I found many issues with it and I wasn't engaged enough with it, and I dropped shortly after starting.

Yeah, the campaign in BF3 isn't atrocious, but it's not good either. The series seems to be devolving the single player. BC1 had a nice open style to it where you could approach the objective from different directions, but BC2 was alot more scripted and had less options. BF3's story mode is very heavily scripted and it's basically a straight CoD clone. Holding your hand from one scripted event to another. It's been disappointing. I'm always hopeful that the next one will get back to it's earlier form, but it seems to be going the other way.

Yeah, the campaign in BF3 isn't atrocious, but it's not good either. The series seems to be devolving the single player. BC1 had a nice open style to it where you could approach the objective from different directions, but BC2 was alot more scripted and had less options. BF3's story mode is very heavily scripted and it's basically a straight CoD clone. Holding your hand from one scripted event to another. It's been disappointing. I'm always hopeful that the next one will get back to it's earlier form, but it seems to be going the other way.

Yeah BC1 was a blast to play by yourself, plus the characters were hilarious and at the time, the graphics looked shinny and made the game very immersive.

Battlefield 3 campaign lacks a good story. It is very predictable but it is not bad at all; enjoyable at best. COD (hate to say it without choking) is better in that department but it stops right there, just to become a teenagers dream (or nightmare). Battlefield delivers the whole package in multiplayer, but if you are a newbie, it takes time to get into the rhythm of things and that can be very punishing business. After a few hours of frustrating session after session, ranking and gearing up, the game becomes easier to handle and more exciting. At that moment, you will see the reason of why this game shines as the total war experience like no other.

Last edited:
:lol

You know, I never bothered to play the single player campaign. But damn it. This BF4 feels so damned rushed. I haven't completed all of the assignments.

Back