Battle Troll of Mordor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I would have liked to see on Shelob is a small Sam. I just think in the end he would have looked crappy so probably better to go without.

jlcmsu said:
The only thing I would have liked to see on Shelob is a small Sam. I just think in the end he would have looked crappy so probably better to go without.

Which of course begs the question as to how the Gondorian will look on the troll?

I know that many have seen this one in person, but of course when they ship ... ?

LOTRFan said:
Which of course begs the question as to how the Gondorian will look on the troll?

I know that many have seen this one in person, but of course when they ship ... ?

I would expect he will look as nice as he did at SDCC. My only worry with him is breakages.

I think the saving grace of the mini-Gondorian on the battle Troll piece is the fact that he is mostly armor. A mini Sam would have required a lot of details on fabric, face, hands, feet and hair, all of which would have been very problematic at that scale.

RoboDad said:
I think the saving grace of the mini-Gondorian on the battle Troll piece is the fact that he is mostly armor. A mini Sam would have required a lot of details on fabric, face, hands, feet and hair, all of which would have been very problematic at that scale.

Yeah, I think your totally right on that one. I think that version of Sam could have really gotten some upset comments even worse than what was said about the ML on the FB.

It is exactly because of the ML/FB that I have some concerns, fortunately the Gondorian is facing backward.

LOTRFan said:
It is exactly because of the ML/FB that I have some concerns, fortunately the Gondorian is facing backward.

yup... I even asked Sam when we got together how the GS looked and she said great (right Sam?) so that made me feel better.

I don't own a FB BEACAUSE of how shotty the ML looks. It ruined what could have been an amazing sculpt (and I view a FB to be crucial to the collection.. so yes.. down the line.. i will probably get it... but I dont' like the ML at all!)

It PAINS me to know that SSW were planning a large scale Fell Beast!!!! God i'd love to see that! (or better yet.. own it!)

battle troll

How good is this piece in person?
I guess some of you saw this at the comic con, but us poor folks don't get to see these pieces until they arrive on our door (which can be a nice surprise!)

Anyway, so what is the piece like? good painting? good presence? soldier OK? I have seen the pics, but there is something different when you see them in person. Well, thanks in advance.

Scriff

I don't know whether I own a particularly good Fell Beast or not, but the ML on mine is really not that bad. He's far from a lump of clay, and his helmet is actually pretty well defined. I wouldn't let that keep you from owing this piece, as it my favorite of the 5 mini-beasts. I was surprised at just how much I loved it. The fins and spikes are so cool in profile from the side.

Yes Gareth, the soldier looks fine! LOL

His armour and helm look great, being in the beast's hand. I do think they made a good decision to have him facing backwards with his head down, so there's no issue with his face, really. He is small, but not near as small as the ML. My FB/ML too, btw, is fine and it's one of my favorite statues. He looks so good sitting right in front of MM, that I can hardly stand it! (Thanx again, Chuck)

Scriff,
The statue is awesome. For those of us who have no problems with size...
10.gif

It has a lot of energy to it, and the painting is very well done. I love the troll's eyes and expression. And... the crushed helm by his feet is an added bonus!

Even my husband is insisting I get this one!
nod.gif

FE :horror, tell me Dassy fixed him up for you!

GrueSam said:
Yes Gareth, the soldier looks fine! LOL

His armour and helm look great, being in the beast's hand. I do think they made a good decision to have him facing backwards with his head down, so there's no issue with his face, really. He is small, but not near as small as the ML. My FB/ML too, btw, is fine and it's one of my favorite statues. He looks so good sitting right in front of MM, that I can hardly stand it! (Thanx again, Chuck)

Scriff,
The statue is awesome. For those of us who have no problems with size...
10.gif

It has a lot of energy to it, and the painting is very well done. I love the troll's eyes and expression. And... the crushed helm by his feet is an added bonus!

Even my husband is insisting I get this one!
nod.gif

FE :horror, tell me Dassy fixed him up for you!

I agree with Sam here on this one. It's a pretty dam neat piece.

re

I didnt much like it at first but it grew on me and now I cant wait for it to arrive.
After cancelling 'LaG on Arod' and the wolverine diorama, thought I can afford the battle troll instead.

Check out this pic... good close-up of the soldier ;
Battle Troll

I know we still have 2 months left in the 4th Q but wasn't this supposed to be out already? I know SS is busy right now w/Spooktacular and all, just curious how it's coming along.

i was just going to make a post on this piece...

what's the deal with it...?

Hi all,

The Battle Troll is apparantly scheduled as 'on time', unfortunately in this case means anywhere in October/November/December.

Supposedly its whether the factory floor can get them all finished and shipped in the time frame, which now appears to be going into 4th Quarter.So really unless they say otherwise it could be anytime in 4th Qtr.

Just something I heard

Shell
x :D

looks superb , however

looks superb , and will be an excellent addition , however can anyone tell me why the helm is different from the attack troll , or have i missed somthing ? :idea

Back