Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother Jeffry got the 89 Batman figure too, he got number 89.

Interesting video, Chin. Fairly a new subscriber to your channel so not familiar with your brother's video although he does appears quite special.

Not sure if you're going to Comic Con again but my wife and I just secured tickets to go this year! Our first time; any advise?

By the way still loving this Batman fig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one mate! No not going this year, can't afford a trip like that each year. Congrats on the tickets you are already fabulously lucky. My advice is; prepare yourself for the hotel lottery bloodbath.

But you are gonna have an awesome time mate.

Nice one mate! No not going this year, can't afford a trip like that each year. Congrats on the tickets you are already fabulously lucky. My advice is; prepare yourself for the hotel lottery bloodbath.

But you are gonna have an awesome time mate.

Thanks!
Keeps those videos coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So looking over my statue in more light today and noticed a couple blemishes on the cowl. The black outer ring of the bat symbol is rubbed off on the side and has the yellow showing through.

Then in the middle of his forehead there is this weird pit with flesh paint I can't get rid of.

defect.jpg

Sideshow basically told me to get lost they don't have replacement heads, offered me $30 and told me to paint it myself. Awesome customer service guys! Oh then I got a promo email telling me to buy the 89 statue but they have no replacements :lol

Not usually picky but when you spend like $600 Canadian on something you kind of hope that it turns out close to perfect. If it was anywhere else I wouldn't care but the head is like the focal point. Guess I could always return and then rebuy.

Is there any texture or detail in the paint on the belt? It looks like cheap, flat-color plastic in the pics I've seen. Does anyone have a close-up shot?

So looking over my statue in more light today and noticed a couple blemishes on the cowl. The black outer ring of the bat symbol is rubbed off on the side and has the yellow showing through.

Then in the middle of his forehead there is this weird pit with flesh paint I can't get rid of.

Sideshow basically told me to get lost they don't have replacement heads, offered me $30 and told me to paint it myself. Awesome customer service guys! Oh then I got a promo email telling me to buy the 89 statue but they have no replacements :lol

Not usually picky but when you spend like $600 Canadian on something you kind of hope that it turns out close to perfect. If it was anywhere else I wouldn't care but the head is like the focal point. Guess I could always return and then rebuy.

I'm not suprised SS didn't replace it.

Easy fix, use black marker pen bro. I did with mine, works great!

I'm not suprised SS didn't replace it.

Easy fix, use black marker pen bro. I did with mine, works great!

Agreed... If the rest of the head is fine then you might as well accept the 30.00 and touch it up... Easy fix. No guarantee the other head they send you will be as good as this one.

What would you guys use to touch it up with? My paint skills are so minimal I wouldn't even know whether to use acrylic or enamel paint.

I'm assuming I would use some sort of flat/matte black paint. Jus't don't want to fack up the statue. Like I said I know it's small, and if it was anywhere else it wouldn't bother me, but it sucks that it is right on his forehead and on the side of the emblem (I didn't take a photo of that).

Any help would be appreciated. This is only my second PF so I am a newbie in this territory.

You could PM one of the customizers on this forum like spazzy and ask for his advice. I'd probably avoid enamel and go for acrylic paints. Maybe look for a matte black and a combination of white/grey to match the colour of the cowl. Then drybrush the divot with a couple of coats with a very fine paint brush. If you mess up, you could always wipe it off before it dries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well mine is going back to the dealer it's too unstable because I can't get the peg all the way in, over time it will lean I reckon, the hole is deep enough but the right foot hits the step so it won't go all the way in.

Back