Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long does SSC usually responds to emails? Also called them all day today seems no one is working in customer service.

How long does SSC usually responds to emails? Also called them all day today seems no one is working in customer service.

I had trouble getting through last week and no one called me back either. I was able to get through using their live chat though, but its only available during their business hours. So you'll probably have to wait till Monday.

My Ex arrived and it's pretty awesome, but I think I need a replacement head. He's got that Arwen lazy eye going on. I was a little surprised there was no fabric/rubber used on anything other than the cape though, unless I'm missing something.

My Ex arrived and it's pretty awesome, but I think I need a replacement head. He's got that Arwen lazy eye going on. I was a little surprised there was no fabric/rubber used on anything other than the cape though, unless I'm missing something.

Interesting...mine has the same thing, I think? From a straight angle his right eye seems off perhaps even larger than the left eye or pupil was not applied correctly but at other angles you can't tell. I even went to the prototype photos on SSC's and it appears that the prototype may have the same issue although their photo do not show him looking straight it's always at an angle. Does anyone have this same flaw? Is it universal? Or just a few have it. Interested to know before I too contact SSC about it.. it appears more noticeable when a flash is used because it highlights the eyes.
9d5eff067704c59dffc50c1d0c4a4dea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Yeah, that looks really bad.... what's with the sloppy production with the eyes as of late?

Weird I know. Mine is 952 so would be interested if it is the later statues that have this or, again,is it universal? Definitely want all the collectors on this form who have received this to chime in. It's a tough call whether to nitpick this one as it's not too noticeable in regular light and different angles but at a 400.00 price tag eyes should be straight on any figure, IMO. Let's see what the community says.

Then there is no flash, no flash hides/minimizes the flaw while flash exposes it outright.
04a8c63284f52006478c25aee5ea16e2.jpg

17ca1c6f5b902056dd90fb1b639d38d9.jpg

8d1e07b4d0ed3e2bbc1e6cce9be4def4.jpg

We are going to keep getting junk from them on eyeball decal placement unless they hear from the customers that it isn't acceptable. Every Arwen head I received had one eye on New York and the other on Hawaii, yet nobody seemed to notice?

Also, my "regular" hand/forearm on Bats was completely loose when I opened the clamshell but miraculously was not damaged and didn't appear to cause any damage. Not even sure where it was supposed to be.

Yeah, that looks really bad.... what's with the sloppy production with the eyes as of late?

"As of late"? Sideshow's stupidly lazy eyes date back at least as far as the original AH! Mary Jane Comiquette. It's my main beef with them.

But yeah, it actually seems to be getting worse. Aggravatingly so.

Most pics I have seen got a lazy eye issue but it's only noticeable with the point blank flash pictures. I wouldn't worry cuz it's not easy to spot.

While Im still psyched to get this, it's nice to know that SSC didn't all of a sudden learn how to paint eyes correctly and that googly eyes is still very much alive and well:lol

I have to make my last flex payment + shipping next month but paying $400+ for a statue with willy wonked eyes is not cool. It is a obvious flaw. Ive noticed the willy wonked eye syndrom on a few Keaton PF photos now. Is it worth it to ask? What can they really do about it?

I really don't see how they'd be able to do anything at this point (other than accept a return and eat the shipping). I also don't see them issuing partial refunds on this or having replacements without the issue.... these things are already made...

With such a (relatively) low ES, you'd expect better QC. But then again, it's SSC we are taking about here.

Having said that, it's an issue I'm willing to live with. Keaton doesn't get enough love as it is.

Can't wait for mine to ship!

Last edited:
Back