Statue Batman: Black And White Statues (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About time :D

(Crappy pic :monkey4)

120626-132329.jpg

Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I've been following this thread for a while since I've become somewhat obsessed with this line so I decided to sign up!

Just got my 12th statue last week: The New 52 batman - which looks good btw the cape really make it imo- but anyway, does anyone know if DC has officially dropped the edition sizes on the entire line? Or maybe direct me to where I could find more info on which ones will be numbered in the future?

Would be nice to know before pre-ordering

Welcome to the board. These little fellows are addictive, aren't they. :)

Haven't read anywhere that DC has officially declared that they will be dropping the run size on future releases. Till now its Gleason, Aragones, The New 52, and the Mignola rerelease that have no run size mentioned on the box or under the base (though DC still calls them 'Limited Edition' for some reason :cuckoo:).

They're crazy addictive I gotta slow down...I've gotten most of them within the last 2 months! And I'm running out of excuses with my gf as to why I need more so soon lol.

And yeah the idea about no more edition sizes was only cause I was talking to a local comic book shop and he was basically putting in his 2cents about it. But I don't want to believe for a second, otherwise why even call them limited edition - then everything could basically be labeled 'limited' :dunno

Hope DC numbers the ones I've pre-ordered

Greg will have his B&W stat, don't worry. The current crop of Batman artists are having theirs already. We might even see JH Williams' Batwoman who knows?!

But c'mon, for the love of God, Norm is back in the realm of the Batbooks so what's taking soooo long for his B&W to come out!?!

I agree on Norm Breyfogle he did some great work on Batman and should be in the line up already. I'm still waiting for a Bernie Wrightson black and white Batman statue.

Norm should be there, heck, if there was a Batman artists hall of fame, he'll be a unanimous choice. Bernie, Greg for his recent work, Todd just for old times' sake, Sheldon Moldoff, Jerry Robinson, ____ Sprang, Curt Swan, and Marshall Rogers.

my first statue and the cape was damaged ):
ill just keep it i guess.

img5503ga.jpg

img5507k.jpg

img5495o.jpg

pictures from iphone 4

Last edited:
my first statue and the cape was damaged ):
ill just keep it i guess.

img5503ga.jpg

Love Sam Kieth's art! :) Glad to see he does not have excessive paint on the ear tips.

Did you try talking to the seller? However, with some superglue or Araldite, you can fix it. Looks easy. Also, if you display him full front, don't think the break will be visible after the fix:

review_bbwkeith_4.jpg

My (Joe) Kubert one had two cracks, one near the right hand where he's holding the cape and second around his shoulder, fixed him and he was as good as new.

Love Sam Kieth's art! :) Glad to see he does not have excessive paint on the ear tips.

Did you try talking to the seller? However, with some superglue or Araldite, you can fix it. Looks easy. Also, if you display him full front, don't think the break will be visible after the fix:

review_bbwkeith_4.jpg

My (Joe) Kubert one had two cracks, one near the right hand where he's holding the cape and second around his shoulder, fixed him and he was as good as new.

the problem is i live in saudi arabia. so it will cost me for shipping which is sucks ): instead I'll get another statue :) . actually the seller did a great job with the package, so i don't know what is the cause of this problem :dunno

and ya i think ill just display him in full front as you said. he looks bad a$$

the problem is i live in saudi arabia. so it will cost me for shipping which is sucks ): instead I'll get another statue :) . actually the seller did a great job with the package, so i don't know what is the cause of this problem :dunno

and ya i think ill just display him in full front as you said. he looks bad a$$

Oh, alright. Guess its best to keep and fix him then. Do you think the customs manhandled him? Many a times its that reason.

Where are you in Saudi? My brother's in Jeddah and he uses Aramex for shipping; pretty happy with their service.

Oh, alright. Guess its best to keep and fix him then. Do you think the customs manhandled him? Many a times its that reason.

Where are you in Saudi? My brother's in Jeddah and he uses Aramex for shipping; pretty happy with their service.

I'm from Riyadh, the capital city, ya we have Aramex. i think its the best choice for me there, even tho, it's a little bit expensive. but good service :)... i ordered already kelly jones the other day!! i hope the statue will arrive in one piece.

I'm from Riyadh, the capital city, ya we have Aramex. i think its the best choice for me there, even tho, it's a little bit expensive. but good service :)... i ordered already kelly jones the other day!! i hope the statue will arrive in one piece.

Kelley Jones Bat is one of my favourite I have the black base one. If the white base one is the same I'll skip that one, though I did pre-order Bane!

Looks pretty cool!

BATMAN BEYOND STATUE BY DUSTIN NGUYEN

Terry McGinnis makes his triumphant return as the Dark Knight of the future in this timeless addition to the “Batman: Black and White” line of collectables. Based on designs by the talented Dustin Nguyen, the monochromatic tones of this elegant statue make this a must-have for any Bat-fan.

Statue measures 8.2” high x 4.5” wide x 4.5” deep.
Designed By:
Dustin Nguyen
Sculpted By :
Jonathan Matthews
U.S. Price:
On Sale Date:
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So disappointing. Pose could have been better, I get that its dynamic and they're trying to do something different but this could have been taken further it still looks half baked . Don't get me wrong, I don't think its bad, it just doesn't look quite there yet. They didn't need to try so hard for this one a classic pose would have been better than a cartwheel/breakdancing batman.

Back