Statue Batman: Black And White Statues (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highlanderpdx

Is it strange the first thing I noticed from your pic. was your kids drawing?

I feel bad now because I keep my "art" from my son taped up behind the closet doors.

I don't put everything up, but my daughter has never made a picture of me like that. I put most of the pictures my kids draw on the refrigerator and on the cabinet doors. They are only young for a little while so I need to enjoy it while I can.

Hello everyone, This is only my second time posting here but I've been collecting these statues for a few years now. There's no way that I will be able to collect all of them, but I just pre-ordered Bane and bought a New 52 Jim Lee. I also found a Mazzuchelli for $99 which is way better than the over $200 prices I've been seeing. Love seeing other peoples displays of their B&W statues, so please post them.

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Hello everyone, This is only my second time posting here but I've been collecting these statues for a few years now. There's no way that I will be able to collect all of them, but I just pre-ordered Bane and bought a New 52 Jim Lee. I also found a Mazzuchelli for $99 which is way better than the over $200 prices I've been seeing. Love seeing other peoples displays of their B&W statues, so please post them.

:welcome1: to SSF ChaosCursed! :)

Scored the Mazzucchelli one at a damn good price! Do post some pics too. :wave

Good collection there highlanderpdx! :clap The AC Koto Bats blends in quite well with the others; more than Mignola variant's stand :) Don't like the white more less black thing, they even changed the box colour scheme too :monkey4

I missed the first release of the Mignola statue, so I was super excited to get him. I really like the look of him, its like a comic image brought to life. My wife doesn't like it, she thinks it's ugly and asked me why I spent money on it, lol! Women, they never understand!!!!

Damn, Gov computer won't show images from certain links. Have to wait till I get home to see your collection Highlanderpdx. Thanks for the warm welcome BB&WSF!!

Nice Collection Highlanderpdx. Here's mine so far. I have three on the way.
2012-08-23_18-24-43_34.jpg
[/IMG]

I only added this one cause it's on the top of the display.
2012-08-23_18-24-55_687.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-08-23_18-24-10_630.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-08-23_18-23-17_160.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-08-23_18-23-36_916.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-08-23_18-23-50_893.jpg
[/IMG]

Miller statue is missing base because a friend was going to get it signed for me. About 85% of my statues are signed by the artist who's work it is based on.

Bud do you know a site where there is the ongoing price for all the Black and white Bats. I think I only have the first 15 or 18 releases and after that I have no idea how much are they going now. Thanks

:welcome1: to SSF ChaosCursed! :)

Scored the Mazzucchelli one at a damn good price! Do post some pics too. :wave

Got Mignola 2.0 in the mail the other day. Very nice statue and different enough to justify a rerelease. Unfortunatly the right foot arrived broken. My dealer is already checking for a replacement. Always good to have one main dealer you can relay on. Makes things much more easy with the poor QCs of almost every company nowadays...

I posted pics of my collection, but it's not showing here. Something about it having to be approved. Anyway, can't wait till my Mazzuchelli gets home. I'll try to post pics again when it does.

Got Mignola 2.0 in the mail the other day. Very nice statue and different enough to justify a rerelease. Unfortunatly the right foot arrived broken. My dealer is already checking for a replacement. Always good to have one main dealer you can relay on. Makes things much more easy with the poor QCs of almost every company nowadays...

Yeah I notice that one has quality issues. Believe it or not I actually went through two of them before finding the right one. BBTS granted a partial refund after seeing the defects so I just auctioned them on ebay. And then there's the whole reversed batarang thing

Despite everything though, it was worth it cause I love this statue

Some pics of his 'variant costume'. Let me know if you guys know more

mignola_batman.jpg

001e690b_medium.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah I notice that one has quality issues. Believe it or not I actually went through two of them before finding the right one. BBTS granted a partial refund after seeing the defects so I just auctioned them on ebay. And then there's the whole reversed batarang thing

Despite everything though, it was worth it cause I love this statue

Some pics of his 'variant costume'. Let me know if you guys know more

mignola_batman.jpg

001e690b_medium.jpeg

If you're talking about Mignola drawing Batman with the oval, there's a bunch. Most of his Batman covers have him with the oval. The Dark Knight/Dark City covers as well as the covers for Death in the Family.

There are more, but those are the main ones I can think of right now. I would say Mignola's done more Batman with the oval than without.

Cool. Thanks for the reply RyanSD

I really love the simplified lines and planes of colour in his work and wandered beside these two, if he had more in that style with the oval consistent throughout the book and not just the cover.

So my Mazzuchelli came in finally :yess:

2012-08-29_08-33-12_942.jpg

2012-08-29_08-33-50_376.jpg

2012-08-29_08-33-40_832.jpg

Now I just have to wait until October to get my Bane Pre-order :gah:
Hopefully between here and then I can find a good deal on a Darwyn Cooke :pray:

I missed the first release of the Mignola statue, so I was super excited to get him. I really like the look of him, its like a comic image brought to life. My wife doesn't like it, she thinks it's ugly and asked me why I spent money on it, lol! Women, they never understand!!!!

No doubts it looks damn good! I had a chance to get him at a decent price earlier, but since I already had the older one, I didn't. But now I wish I did : / Anyways, happens all the time :) About women, when my wife saw the Joker PF, apart from finding him terribly creepy, her first reaction was, "Those teeth! :monkey4" :lol The line, "This is Art, my dear!" does not work all the time!

Bud do you know a site where there is the ongoing price for all the Black and white Bats. I think I only have the first 15 or 18 releases and after that I have no idea how much are they going now. Thanks

I do not know any particular site like that Ryan. Earlier nbr3bagshotrow at SF used to maintain the thread Hobbit's Price Guide in which a monthly data of completed statue/bust auctions on eBay was maintained. But there was no new thread after October 2011. Now I just go by eBay's completed listings.

Back