Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

:lol You don't get the Joker's Carnival level with the collector's editon from gamestop, only the standard edition. That's messed up. I'm pretty sure they are all going to be DLC later on anyway, so I went with Amazon to get the exclusive print edition of the digital prequel comics. :rock

a catwoman skin from the animated series (gray and black) would be awesome!

I want the animated series skin more than any of the other ones, but honestly i am not going to pay any extra for it. Those should (and i hope will) be in game collectables like in the old school super hero games.

They're going to be DLC for sure. Maybe 1 unlockable like the first game, but the Collector's Edition getting 'early access' to the DKR skin (and Iceberg lounge) definately means they are going to be DLC.

Kevin Conroy already said that he came back and voiced additional stuff that isn't in the release version of the game, and one of the game creators said that they saw a long shelf life for this next installment, and have specifically designed it in a way that can be added to in the future, so I'd say that DLC for this title (beyond just a few skins) is pretty much a certainty.

I sure hope so! The only thing I didn't like about the first game was that once you beat it, there wasn't much left to do besides the challenge fights. I'd love for DLC missions, fights, etc, etc.

If they do it like Mortal Kombat, you buy a new mission and get a new skin or two to go with it.

I sure hope so! The only thing I didn't like about the first game was that once you beat it, there wasn't much left to do besides the challenge fights. I'd love for DLC missions, fights, etc, etc.

If they do it like Mortal Kombat, you buy a new mission and get a new skin or two to go with it.

The 1st game had a wide open environment. They could have easily made a GTA style expansion pack.

Kevin Conroy already said that he came back and voiced additional stuff that isn't in the release version of the game, and one of the game creators said that they saw a long shelf life for this next installment, and have specifically designed it in a way that can be added to in the future, so I'd say that DLC for this title (beyond just a few skins) is pretty much a certainty.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

That's what I'm talking about !!!!

That's good to hear. Loved the first one so this is definitely a day one purchase for me.

I'm surprised you guys are excited to hear this. Why buy and uncompleted game. I mean, I'm just as excited as all of you are for this game but this is kinda getting old. I know it's all business and money, but I'm getting really tired of people leaving ____ out of a game so they can turn around and sell it to me a couple months later.

I'm surprised you guys are excited to hear this. Why buy and uncompleted game. I mean, I'm just as excited as all of you are for this game but this is kinda getting old. I know it's all business and money, but I'm getting really tired of people leaving ____ out of a game so they can turn around and sell it to me a couple months later.

Yep, and for those of us who don't have internet hooked up to our game machines we are SOL.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold on thats not at all fair.

There are definately companies and games like Call of Duty that are rushed out to meet the typical every Novembor we need to whore up your money release.

But there is a huge differance between finishing what you had planned and planning some extra content to keep it alive and going in the years you work on a proper sequel, and just straight up cutting content out because you can't pollish it in time to meet a deadline and then making people pay for an extra few maps later. Huge differance.

Here, Kevin stated he "came back" to record "additional" stuff. Meaning they will finish and pollish out glitches from the main game they always planned, and then add more later to keep it alive longer and enhance replay value. I don't expect the need for them to release a patch within 24 hours of the game's release like every single Call of Duty has to, to fix real problems.

Hell AA was delayed by themselves to make it better, that takes balls.

100% Agree with you, Deckard. Just because extra stuff comes out later, doesn't mean that it was cut from the game to make some dough. Also, just because something's DLC, doesn't mean you have to pay for it, all of AA's dlc was free. Naturally, expansions and such will cost some money, but that's to be expected, as it takes money to develop those things.

It only makes sense that devs will use DLC and enhanced content as an increased revenue stream for existing product, esp as these games cost more and more to develop and promote. I only want a fair product for the price.

I want to eventually have all the DLC for this, I wonder what the best deal on this will be in the long run, without waiting for the inevitable Game of the Year Ed? Buy the Collector's Ed on Amazon and sell off the statue and other bits I don't want or buy the reg ed and buy the DLC as it comes out? and is the PS3 version getting anything exclusive this time?

Isn't the stuff that comes out afterwards just extra challenge levels and the like? Nothing that really effects the game. I never get the extra stuff and I've never felt like I'm missing out on something.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold on thats not at all fair.

There are definately companies and games like Call of Duty that are rushed out to meet the typical every Novembor we need to whore up your money release.

But there is a huge differance between finishing what you had planned and planning some extra content to keep it alive and going in the years you work on a proper sequel, and just straight up cutting content out because you can't pollish it in time to meet a deadline and then making people pay for an extra few maps later. Huge differance.

Here, Kevin stated he "came back" to record "additional" stuff. Meaning they will finish and pollish out glitches from the main game they always planned, and then add more later to keep it alive longer and enhance replay value. I don't expect the need for them to release a patch within 24 hours of the game's release like every single Call of Duty has to, to fix real problems.

Hell AA was delayed by themselves to make it better, that takes balls.

Why I partly agree with you, it's a known fact that the publisher, in this case WB makes the developer have a certain amount of content left for DLC release's. The developer may decide what content that is. And set certain stuff aside for DLC. You brought Activision up with their COD's. This is a perfect example. All of COD's DLC map packs are ready to go on day one of release. All the "DLC Map Packs" are developed at the same time as the original title. But instead of including them in retail, they hold out so they can squeeze another 15-45$ out of the consumer's pocket. It's all money to the company that publishes the game.

Needless to say, if I had to pay for any DLC I would gladly pic B:AC DLC.

Back