Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City

Isn't the stuff that comes out afterwards just extra challenge levels and the like? Nothing that really effects the game. I never get the extra stuff and I've never felt like I'm missing out on something.

yeah, nothing integral to the story or anything, but like the Riddler's challenges, it's more to play and with a game as good as B:AA that was a great thing. I assume this game, and it's content will be as much fun as the first.

:lol You don't get the Joker's Carnival level with the collector's editon from gamestop, only the standard edition. That's messed up. I'm pretty sure they are all going to be DLC later on anyway, so I went with Amazon to get the exclusive print edition of the digital prequel comics. :rock

a GS customer post says they were told on the phone that the collector's ed at Gamestop will come with the Joker's Carnival bonus also, but 1 challenge map is the weakest bonus. The Bestbuy one is still not showing robin for the CE but they say on the B:AC forum that both versions will come with the bonus. I think it has the most to offer so far (2 challenge maps + Robin & Red Robin skins). The Amazon (comic + $10 amazon card) one is ok too. Still no word on who gets the Beyond, Adams, Earth 1 and Animated skins.

any guess on what a skin will eventually cost? I'm guessing 280 or 320 ms points each, same for each challenge map.

Last edited:

So why complain about it?:dunno

I'm not really complaining, aren't you kinda T.O'd that your paying extra for what was already in the game to start with? Or do you like getting ____ed in the ass and the mouth at the same time from the man?:dunno

I'm not really complaining, aren't you kinda T.O'd that your paying extra for what was already in the game to start with? Or do you like getting ____ed in the ass and the mouth at the same time from the man?:dunno

Welcome to the 21st Century!

a GS customer post says they were told on the phone that the collector's ed at Gamestop will come with the Joker's Carnival bonus also, but 1 challenge map is the weakest bonus. The Bestbuy one is still not showing robin for the CE but they say on the B:AC forum that both versions will come with the bonus. I think it has the most to offer so far (2 challenge maps + Robin & Red Robin skins). The Amazon (comic + $10 amazon card) one is ok too. Still no word on who gets the Beyond, Adams, Earth 1 and Animated skins.

any guess on what a skin will eventually cost? I'm guessing 280 or 320 ms points each, same for each challenge map.

The Adams skin is from ToysRus where you also get the Mattel Arkham City Batman painted in that skin.

When you have this many exclusives though, they are all going to end up as DLC anyway. So for me, Amazon or TRU is the best choice and you can't DLC a comic or action figure later.

Another new skin!! Year One.
I love it. Wonder if it will be the last one??
BonusPrecoBatman.jpg

Are we sure that everything (like Robin for example) will be DLC? Xbox owners never got the PS3 exclusive Joker from the first game did they?

So, what you're saying is that paying a few bucks for dlc is the equivalent of being sodomized, yet you're more than willing to pay $200+ for Hot Toys.:cuckoo:

Also people that make video games aren't "The Man".

Just like people that make Ice Cream aren't "The Man".

You don't have to buy either of those things, you choose to give your money to them. They are luxury items to enhance your living, not a tax you must pay to survive. They are not the government or the police...

love that year one skin

When you have this many exclusives though, they are all going to end up as DLC anyway. So for me, Amazon or TRU is the best choice and you can't DLC a comic or action figure later.

right, I don't worry about being able to get them down the road as DLC, I just wonder how much that's going to be. If these skins and challenge maps are $5 each that will add up fast. If I get as much preorder bonus up front, that's less DLC to buy later.

And is the comic exclusive to amazon or is it just the 5 issue AC series out now just bound together?

The skins won't be $5 each. If they aren't free, I'd expect them to be at most 99 cents each, and they'd probably even have a pack with all of them for a discounted price.

I see the Red Dead preorder DLC were only $.99. You're probably right that these will be similar.

So, what you're saying is that paying a few bucks for dlc is the equivalent of being sodomized, yet you're more than willing to pay $200+ for Hot Toys.:cuckoo:
That's completely different though. Hot toys doesn't leave out accessories and then sell them to you later.

Also people that make video games aren't "The Man".

Just like people that make Ice Cream aren't "The Man".

You don't have to buy either of those things, you choose to give your money to them. They are luxury items to enhance your living, not a tax you must pay to survive. They are not the government or the police...

Your right. People who make video games aren't the man. They work for the man. The man is the publisher. The person who owns the license.

I wasn't referring to the add-on's, I was referring to the concept of money. If you're so tight that you _____ about DLC, then it's probably not a good idea to be buying $200 toys.

I wonder if the movie suits (if they make them) would feature each actor's likeness.

Back