Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also that "factions" section on the official website that hasn't gone up yet.

The 'profile' thing as well. Makes me think there will be a MMO component, like playing as one of the gangs fighting for control of Arkham City

I figured I'd give everyone a heads up in this thread: For those of you with an iPhone, 'Batman: Arkham City Lockdown' is $2.99 in the App Store for a 'limited time.' I think it's normally $5.99 or $6.99, so that's a pretty good deal. I've heard a lot of good reviews, so go check it out if you're interested.

Only tip I can give is never counter, just jump over them and attack. Always auto takeout ones with weapons or shields and you'll get there.
Getting it with the others may be tough though. Nightwing's a bit slow.

Has anyone experienced losing their save file? I was about 10 hours into the game, saved it, and turned it off and went to bed. When I went to play it the following day, my save file had been deleted.

I scoured the internet for answers and apparently it is a glitch affecting however many games that just full out deletes saved games from Xbox 360 HDDs...

Anyone have any solutions?

I only just got a chance to finally play this on PC and it's an incredible game. Finished all the side missions except the Riddler, you need an insane amount of his trophies to move forward, it's my only minor complaint, I feel like theres just a bit too much time spent collecting them from every nook and cranny.

Almost finished my New Game Plus, loved how much more difficult Freeze was on hard and ng+, he kicked my ass a few times.

Interesting news today, is that Batman : AC has now shipped 6 million copies and game designer Sefton Hill sat down for an interview.

The two most interesting notes from the discussion are that

a. the 3rd game is not actually confirmed at this point, they are planning but haven't got an official go ahead

b. asked if anything was comparable to the Warden's secret office with plans for AC, Sefton simply said there were definately a few things fans haven't seemed to find yet, being most suprised by the ease with which people discovered the Scarecrow's hidden barge.

https://www.computerandvideogames.c...-rocksteady-looks-back-on-arkham-city/?page=1

I wonder if he's aware we've found things like the secret radio broadcasts from Scarecrow, with numbers that correspond to letters of the alphabet to form sentences?

Anyway another interesting read is here, where you can see the most factual speculation on whats to come in a 3rd game. I have to agree that the plot for 3 seems pretty layed out in the side missions of AC, and I agreed with alot of what's said here even before reading it so it's comforting to see other's feel the same way about the potential for an earthquake freeing all the prisoners and cutting off Gotham and basically recreating the events of No Man's Land. Check that out here.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-easter-eggs-secrets-sequel/?page=1

If they aren't working on a third game yet, then that makes you wonder what they are actually up to right now. Surely they aren't sitting on their hands. So I guess that is good news as far as new DLC being worked on.

WB/DC/Rocksteady would be stupid to not make a third game. You don't sell 5+million copies of a video game and not try to do it again! Its just a matter of time. I'm not worried in that regard. I just want more DLC in the mean time!

Been playing AC again today (after a scheduled visit to Calendar Man!) and got to the part that reminded me of this:

When Batman is leaving Ra's Al Ghul's lair after their first encounter, Oracle pops up and gives Batman some information regarding Joker's blood (that Joker had shipped to hospitals all over Gotham)
She states that 30 confirmed cases had been reported in one hospital, and 50 in another. By her estimation up to 1,000 people would all have the same disease as The Joker by the next day (and presumably then die from it). Robin confirms that the hospitals are in chaos.
Later of course, we see Mr. Freeze destroy all but one vial of the cure with no means of manufacturing any more. So, at the end of the game, what we are witnessing is Batman choosing to save himself over hundreds of Gothamites by drinking the cure himself. Not only that, but Batman also explains that he had every intention of giving the other half of the cure to The Joker - therefore choosing to save the life of a psychotic murderer over the lives of innocent Gothamites. Very un-Batman-like.
Presumably all the Gothamites with Joker's blood in them died since there was no more cure.
A huge plot-hole in a damn near-perfect game unfortunately......

Batman couldn't save them all, so it would make sense to save himself, thereby at least being able to save future people. And saving Joker is in line with him too. Batman almost has a need for Joker in his life, hense the very sad ending when he dies. They are almost symbiotic.

And for all we know, Arkham 3 (or whatever it will be called) might take place immediately after AC and Batman has to save those people in the hospitals. :dunno

And I actually forgot to visit Calendar Man on Valentine's day. D'oh! Oh well, cheating to go back isn't as bad as cheating to go forward. :monkey3

So thats Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's day, and St. Paddy's day off the list! Thats half way there! :D

That's part of the trouble for me though... Obviously the sensible thing to do would be for Batman to save himself and therefore be able to save others in the future, but that goes against his own principles.

He even says himself when Joker first reveals he's posioned him, "so we both die... I'm fine with that." but then becomes concerned about it when Joker reveals innocent lives are at stake.

Last edited:
Too be fair, I think him being poisoned could have affected his judgement. The natural instinct is to save yourself. Even though he says he was fine with it, you know he really isn't. Just because Joker is gone, doesn't mean Batman can just go away too. Bruce cares for Gotham too much to have just given up.

I do admit not addressing the infected in Gotham City is a bit of poor writing. Nothing from Oracle saying, oh hey, false alarm, or oh, hey, Freeze whipped up some more after you found Nora for him, everyone's fine now. So I think they will address it some how in the next game. They haven't been so sloppy in writing before, so I doubt it was a mistake.

Yeah, you're right, they haven't been as sloppy in the writing before so hopefully this is something they'll address in the next game maybe. The deaths of hundreds of Gothamites is a pretty big thing to sweep under the rug!

Maybe Robin and the rest of the Bat-family distributing the cure could be fodder for DLC? Just because Freeze didn't have anymore doesn't mean that he doesn't have the recipe down in that big clunky suit of his (which he could've sent to Batman after discovering that his wife was alright.) :dunno

I read on the Rocksteady forum that kevin Conroy has recorded new lines for some DLC. It may be pure bull____ though, but I read it last night.

Could tie into the Hush story; 'ill look into it tomorrow' as Bats said. There was another one where something was sent to the batcave for analysis. Could be DLC episodes. Wouldnt mind that.

Maybe Robin and the rest of the Bat-family distributing the cure could be fodder for DLC? Just because Freeze didn't have anymore doesn't mean that he doesn't have the recipe down in that big clunky suit of his (which he could've sent to Batman after discovering that his wife was alright.) :dunno

Wouldn't the cure be Batman's blood?

Back