Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to do it the old fashioned way. Made it from Halloween to Thanksgiving, but after beating all of the Challenge stuff/getting 99 percent of the trophies for the main game, I just couldn't handle waiting another 10 months for my Calendar Man, and subsequently my Platinum trophy.

How do you visit Calendar Man? I saw a building called Valentine Hotel and it made me think of him, but I don't remember seeing any entrances.

I agree with the earlier post about making the game itself bigger and reducing the challenges. They are fun, but I have no interest in doing that many Catwoman challenges.

Dumb question, how do you download the Nightwing and Robin challenges? I think those would be fun to try.

He tells you a little story of a crime he did that day. The next one is Valentine's Day. There are 12 of them total, 1 a month. And he'll tell you what the next one is if you keep talking to him after he tells you the story.

He tells you a little story of a crime he did that day. The next one is Valentine's Day. There are 12 of them total, 1 a month. And he'll tell you what the next one is if you keep talking to him after he tells you the story.

You can also check the calendar on the wall right next to his cell.

cant you change the date of your computer or something also for the holidays?

I've been obsessing over the Riddler clues all day. I've got like 279 so far. Just about done with them. Can't wait to, hopefully, beat the hell out of the riddler after all this.

What is it about a great game that makes you want to just beat it and get it over with?

I'm sure I will continue to play it...especially the challenges..but I can't wait to be at 100% completion.

^ It's definitely rewarding seeing that 100% completion on there, especially when you take into account the 440 Riddler trophies and 156 challenge room medals you've had to sweat for to get it :lol

^ It's definitely rewarding seeing that 100% completion on there, especially when you take into account the 440 Riddler trophies and 156 challenge room medals you've had to sweat for to get it :lol
And makes it all the more frustrating when you get to 94% and it glitches and loses your save.:mad:

^ Wow that sucks!! I'd be gutted if that happened to me. Wasn't there supposed to have been a patch that fixed this?

I think they might be working on one, but nothing yet to my knowledge. I'm not even sure how it happened, I don't remember turning off my Xbox whilst it was saving at any point, and I was being careful to avoid that as well.

If there's no patch in a few months I'll just play it again, it's not too much of a chore. Though those Riddler trophies might be....

Actually the Riddler tophies do seem to get easier every time, for me at least anyway. I'm on my 6th playthrough now and I can remember where about roughly 75% of them are now without having to look on the map too. I'm sure it won't take many more playthroughs before I know where every single one is :lol

One thing I have found to be a disappointment though with several playthroughs is the fact that Deadshot's PDA is always in the same location. It would be nice if the location changed every time to change things up a bit.

Actually the Riddler tophies do seem to get easier every time, for me at least anyway. I'm on my 6th playthrough now and I can remember where about roughly 75% of them are now without having to look on the map too. I'm sure it won't take many more playthroughs before I know where every single one is :lol

One thing I have found to be a disappointment though with several playthroughs is the fact that Deadshot's PDA is always in the same location. It would be nice if the location changed every time to change things up a bit.

Agreed! Once you have all the gadgets and upgrades getting the Riddler trophies is a breeze! I remember early on looking at some of them and wondering how the hell was I supposed to get that one! :slap

They would look impossible!

What really sort of ticks me off is the advanced VR Training. Those are a pain in the butt!!! I can turn and sweep up with gliding no problem but whenever I try these I always hit some random pillar or whatever on the ceiling and Batman stops.

Honestly, the VR training seems more based on luck than actual skill. Hope they get rid of them in the next game.

The first 4 were perfectly fine. They helped you learn how to glide a bit and that was it. The second batch was just a pain in the butt and pointless. I never used any moves like that the rest of the game. Once you got the upgrade, the training was useless except needing it to finish the side missions.

The only one I had trouble with was at the steelworks. Everything else was a breeze. It's just a matter of timing properly.

Yeah that steelworks one is frustrating to say the least!
As you said Buttmunch the second batch of AR training is pointless too, even within the game's plot, since the first batch was to train Batman for use of the grappnel boost. If anything that second AR batch should have revolved around perfecting your use of the grappnel boost.

Well, i finally managed to get back onto Arkham City and got the last of the Riddler trophies. I was expecting to then go after the Riddler but nothing. I've got all the Riddler trophies (not including Catwomans ones) and solved all the riddles, but do you have to get all the breakable objects too (ie security cameras, penguins, joker teeth etc)?

^ You don't have to get ALL of those, but you definitely need to get some. There are 440 trophies in total, and to get to The Riddler you need 400 of them.
So if you destroy most of those breakable objects (teeth, demon masks, balloons, cameras) then do some of the combat/predator trophies aswell (such as finish a fight with a combo batarang x3) then you should get to 400 quite quickly hopefully.
The Riddler hideout segment is quite cool actualy and worth finding all the riddles for! :D

Ahhh, i see. Thanks dude. :hi5: I've been wondering around trying to find some more security cameras but cant find them. I know i destroyed a lot of them. Im on 381/440 so far. So just need to find something to do to get me to 400. Been looking forward to actually defeating Riddler for ages.

Getting to Riddler is something I always looked forward to doing too after reading you would be able to - especially after not getting to see him physically in AA.

You can actually hack into 4 different Tyger consoles in the 4 different areas of AC that show you where all the cameras are on your map and then also highlight them in orange in detective mode. I know one is on the top of the Tricorner building in the Industrial District, but can't remember the exact locations of the other 3.

Back