Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Mark Hamill said he was done playing Joker, so I think this was his swan-song.

He said the same thing after the first game. If they keep coming up with a good story and throwing money at him, he'll be back. I'd love for him to do a Killing Joke animated film! Heck, they might get him back for the Dark Knight Returns they are doing as they are getting back a lot of their 'veteran' voice actors for it.

Honestly, I can't wait for Arkham 3, but if money weren't an issue, I'd think AC would be capable of being Batman: Gotham City with some story DLC in the form of areas of Gotham which expand from Arkham City. Of course that would never happen, as they could just make a new game instead, and, while I hope for some story DLC, I believe that Rocksteady are the type who would rather get to work on a third installment than work on building on the second.

Don't forget Harley's little baby J, and Scarecrow's boat and Azrael!
Conroy confirmed he had recorded new sidemission content so hopefully it is announced soon. Even if it isn't I can't say I mind. AC is an amazing game, one of my favourites. Just as AA is also.

Any of the hopeful sidemissions will definitely take place in Arkham City itself though.

Now that they have the models and fighting styles down for Robin and Nightwing, I'd love to see them included in the story of Arkham 3 as playable, similar to how Catwoman was used but with a bit more depth.

If anything, they can get Kevin Michael Richardson to play the Joker if Hamill doesn't want to come back. Perhaps even write in that the Joker took a little dip in the Lazarus Pit and hence that would be why he could have a different visual look and voice. I just recently watched "The Batman" animated series and really like Richardson's portrayal of the Joker as well.

Anyways, just finished Arkham City as well. I agree that portions of the ending were sort of vague and leave much open which they should. Clayface impersonating the Joker was also a pleasant surprise as well. I think they should've also touched more on the whole Hugo Strange/Ra's Al Ghul thing? Ok so Ra's was the mastermind at the end, but he "dies" once more? Ugh. I would've almost preferred that Ra's was a big "reveal" at the end instead of the whole "Wonder City" part with him. That could've been substituted with another villain and the clue was the "Lazarus Pit" around to make you "think" Ra's is around.

Anyways, big open gaps for "Batman Arkham 3". I'm leaning to the fact that they will make the third game in the ACTUAL Gotham city. The area might be SLIGHTLY bigger depending on how much they can fit in. I honestly would even say perhaps get rid of some of the challenge material (or make it all DLC) to free up room on the disc for more of the main campaign.

Here's some speculation. Might have been mentioned before but I'm not digging through the whole thread:

-Scarecrow will be back as a major villain due to the easter egg clues.
-Black Mask may be a prominent villain as well after his cameo.
-Two-Face might be a bigger villain as well, taking on Batman instead of Catwoman
-Hush will also be a villain thanks to his sidequest, especially in regards to his dual nature of wanting to take down Bruce Wayne as opposed to Batman.
-Nightwing will make an official appearance.
-Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn: Bad Girls Unite?
-Bane breaks Batman's back? Perhaps some quests as Azrael, Robin and Nightwing?
-Ra's returns?
-Finally being able to access the actual Batcave? And drive the Batmobile?

I always saw Bane's statement as more of a reference to Knightfall. Not necessarily aknowlewdging that it had happened in continuity of the game. The first game seemed full of references to various Batman stuff. Plus, the fact that Batman seems to have never heard of Azrael or the Order of St Dumas in Arkham City suggests that Knightfall never happened in continuity of the games.

I always saw Bane's statement as more of a reference to Knightfall. Not necessarily aknowlewdging that it had happened in continuity of the game. The first game seemed full of references to various Batman stuff. Plus, the fact that Batman seems to have never heard of Azrael or the Order of St Dumas in Arkham City suggests that Knightfall never happened in continuity of the games.

This Azrael is the new one, that black police officer. However The Batman acting like he never heard of the order before is wierd, as he was well aware of them since Knightfall. Playing Arkham Asylum gives the impression that Batman has gone through Knightfall.

However I believe the game has its own universe which pulls heavily from the current modern Batman source. Like Hush did get himself to look like Wayne but he never did it by killing and cutting parts of people to 'match' Wayne's features part by part.

Yeah, this is kind of my thinking. Like it references existing stories without sticking too much to their continuity. I realised it was the new Azrael, but he still seemed to not even heard of Azrael.

Yeah, it's easy to forget sometimes that the Arkhamverse is it's own unique continuity, especially since it incorporates a lot of faithful elements of Batman's history.
Another example is the whole Ras Al Ghul/Lazarus Pit scenario. I kept finding it a little too much of a coincidence that a pit just happened to be in Arkham City... but according to the Arkham City stories, this is the original pit and origin of the 'Lazarus technology'.

Yeah, it's easy to forget sometimes that the Arkhamverse is it's own unique continuity, especially since it incorporates a lot of faithful elements of Batman's history.
Another example is the whole Ras Al Ghul/Lazarus Pit scenario. I kept finding it a little too much of a coincidence that a pit just happened to be in Arkham City... but according to the Arkham City stories, this is the original pit and origin of the 'Lazarus technology'.

Sweet. I never knew that. Will have to start getting those Arkham Unhinged comics.

^ So far the Arkham Unhinged comics are actually based on the Arkham City stories from the game, so they could be classed as cannon since the developers created the info in those.
The Ras Al Ghul info isn't actually from the Arkham Unhinged comics though - it's just from info in the Arkham City stories in the game.
Hopefully we'll see a comic version of Ras and the Lazarus origins in a future Arkham Unhinged arc though.

Just got the Batcave/Carnival/Iceberg Lounge map pack today. Anyone else noticed Killer Croc watching in the wings of the Iceberg lounge? :D

^ So far the Arkham Unhinged comics are actually based on the Arkham City stories from the game, so they could be classed as cannon since the developers created the info in those.
The Ras Al Ghul info isn't actually from the Arkham Unhinged comics though - it's just from info in the Arkham City stories in the game.
Hopefully we'll see a comic version of Ras and the Lazarus origins in a future Arkham Unhinged arc though.

Just got the Batcave/Carnival/Iceberg Lounge map pack today. Anyone else noticed Killer Croc watching in the wings of the Iceberg lounge? :D

I haven't seen it yet, but if he's there, they should've let him come out and fight you if you pass the 3rd point level.

Its was quite sad when Joker died but it was good thing too. There is have to be part 3.

Has anyone played it with the Trioviz 3D feature. I found some paper Trioviz glasses on Ebay for $6 and I thought the effect was pretty good for what I paid. I might go ahead and get the nicer glasses advertised with the game manual.

^ I completely forgot the game has that feature built into it. If it's the same 3D they used for AA, then I might give it a try later since I still have the glasses from that.
I seem to remember with AA that although the 3D effect worked and was pretty cool looking, the lenses made the environment look so dark as to not encourage many 3D playthroughs.

Had my visit with Calendar Man today! Am I the only one who hasn't cheated by altering the dates on the console yet?

I'm doing it the old fashioned way too. I played through the story but I still have two side missions to complete and a bunch of Riddler stuff to do. So I'm pretty much down to playing this game one day a month now. I'll go visit Calendar Man and then I'll go around and get Riddler trophies, etc. for a few hours.

Man, some of those trophies are a pain in the ass to get though. I'm having trouble with the ones that require you to glide into the ? panels on buildings and kick off and glide to another one on a different building. I also suck at most of the AR training missions. :eek:

I had a bit of a play today using the Trioviz 3D with the glasses.
Again, just like with AA, the 3D effect was really cool - but the colour desaturation and darkness didn't encourage me to paly for long.
I've heard that the effect with a 3D TV can be pretty decent though.

Back