Batman: Arkham City - Spoilers Allowed!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

I would kinda like to see Nightwing make a cameo in some way or another.

the ending changes based on what difficulty you beat it on.

Is that confirmed? Back when I played it, nobody could really figure out what triggered the different endings. Seemed random at the time.

I think is has to do with how many challenges you complete before beating it.

So it seems The Riddler has been confirmed this week as a villain for AA2, so that gives us so far: Mr Freeze, Riddler, Two-Face, Joker, Harley and Talia...
Plus the trailer gave us hints that Penguin and Black Mask would be appearing also.
That's a lot of villains to fit into the game!

There were loads of villains in the last one as well. It was great because due to the story, they were all supposed to be there in arkham asylum anyway. I can see the Joker causing panic throughout Gotham in AA2 so all these new villains will be capitalising on this, running mad through the city.

My take on it anyway.

It would also mean you could drive from mission to mission in the Batmobile :lecture :exactly:

As long as the story is as good as the first game I don't mind having a lot of villains to contend with :D I wonder if The Riddler will fill the same role as in the first game or actualy make an appearance this time?
Would be nice to have a minor villain to beat in AA2 aswell, like they did with Zsas, someone like The Mad Hatter.

There were loads of villains in the last one as well. It was great because due to the story, they were all supposed to be there in arkham asylum anyway. I can see the Joker causing panic throughout Gotham in AA2 so all these new villains will be capitalising on this, running mad through the city.

My take on it anyway.

It would also mean you could drive from mission to mission in the Batmobile :lecture :exactly:

Yeah the batmobile! Of course they'd have to make a scene of Bats pulling it out of Bane's groin.:)

I don't it'll be difficult to fit the villains in. Especially since some of these are the ones who tend to be the crime bosses as opposed to the really crazy types. I think Riddler will mostly be like the last one, but I bet instead of the mystery of Arkham we'll be finding clues to track him down and guess where he is by the end of the game.

They're just not ready to show anything yet. Good for them, I say. Wouldn't want the first impression to be subpar.

I really wouldn't even care for footage shown, I just want more info! Release date, villians, are we confined to the Asylulm again or is Gotham open to us, etc?

Fair enough. I've read once that the biggest reason why any particular studio might skip E3 is the cost, both financially and time-wise. I'm sure the team at Rocksteady are knee-deep in programming and designing, so putting any resources into E3 would be impractical. And they would want to keep their cards hidden and announce big details along with new footage, trailers, etc etc.

Plus, Comic Con does make more sense. The game for one is a comic license and would have its chance to shine without hundreds of other games competing for the spotlight a la at E3.

I really wouldn't even care for footage shown, I just want more info! Release date, villians, are we confined to the Asylulm again or is Gotham open to us, etc?

The being set lose in Gotham thing has me worried somewhat. For some reason with superhero games, the more room you have to roam the more the games suffer in the enjoyability department.
Weird because most other games aren't like that, say like RE1 (the mansion) and re2 (all of Racoon City). AA1 had alot of backtracking in it already, if it's the whole city then they better let you drive the car, and it'll probably have over a hundred thousand on it after the credits roll.

BRING THIS ON! Really, I can't wait, the first one was one of the most refreshing games besides AC I've played in years, and so well done too! Given the talent of the voice artist who did Riddler, I think his reappearance or an even bigger role is a given!

Back