Batman '66: FINALLY COMING TO HOME VIDEO (legitimately)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman TV show to Blu-ray this November!

This is so *********g bought. It's like getting another piece of my youth back

I'm a bit frightened of what the MSRP on the Blu-Ray set will be, but I'm sure it won't be too bad on Amazon. This is one, though, that I'd probably pay what they want for, to an extent.

The trailer seems to exhibit extensive cleaning and restoration. Looks very good so far, but I hope they didn't went overboard. I need this set as a gift to my mom. :yess:

This would make a really nice Christmas gift for myself, but, at the same time, I don't think I could wait that long if I already had it in my possession.:lol

I posted one in the "Blu-Ray Upcoming thread," and, I believe, Batty posted the actual video in that same thread.

No problem, brother. You need to get yourself a Blu-Ray player, though; so you can experience these in their full HD glory.:lecture

This would make a really nice Christmas gift for myself, but, at the same time, I don't think I could wait that long if I already had it in my possession.:lol

You should get it and see how many days you can go without opening it. My bet is you don't make it past the 24 hour mark. :lol

No problem, brother. You need to get yourself a Blu-Ray player, though; so you can experience these in their full HD glory.:lecture
I have a PS3 - that'll do. :lol

I've actually bought a few BRs over time - just my faves / classics - i.e; JAWS, Enter The Dragon etc.

Ah, well, then, you're all set. HDTV, too? That's something I need to fix; I have a PS3 and a standard def TV. I intend to have an HD set by the end of the year, though (mainly because it's mandatory for a PS4).

Ah, well, then, you're all set. HDTV, too? That's something I need to fix; I have a PS3 and a standard def TV. I intend to have an HD set by the end of the year, though (mainly because it's mandatory for a PS4).

What the? Haven't we talked about this before, batfan? :lol

Anyway, in terms of Batflicks to really show off your HDTV, I would recommend the Dark Knight trilogy, Batman Returns and Batman Beyond ROYJ. I have most Batman home video on blu but those comes into mind as the best looking transfers on blu ray.

I actually have bought nothing but Blu-Rays since I purchased my PS3. Even though I can't tell the difference on my TV, it was one of those "plan for the future" type deals.:lol I do have to get Returns and Return of the Joker, though. I have the 20th anniversary edition of 89, but I was never find enough of the others to upgrade my anthology set to Blu. They've got those "four film favorites" discs, now, though, and the anthology's always cheap, so, maybe I might get one of those, but, if I get the 25th anniversary edition of 89 and the Blu-Ray anthology, that means I'll own like 5 copies of 89 Batman.:lol Or I'll just go but the separate discs, but it's basically whatever's the cheapest option.

Yeah, I'm just running on an old set up at the moment too. :lol

Got too many other budget priorities right now, to worry about upgrading anything.

I have never owned a Blu-Ray setup. Can you play a regular dvd on a Blu-Ray player?

Back