1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully that is the case (reviewing the boxes) The lesson to be learned here is just like with real cars, you never want the first ones off of the assembly line :rotfl. Wait till the kinks are worked out of the process and get one a little later.:lecture

This addage works for Detroit and for Hot Toys vehicles. :)

I'd like to think they'd make the effort to do just that, as it'd save them and their customers a lot of trouble given the cost and difficulty in returning this sum*****. The shipping email I received from Alter Ego included the following note from Sideshow:

Now, this message was clearly intended for the Tumbler, but they changed the copy to read "Hot Toys 1:6 scale 1989 Batmobile". Maybe this message was just included in error, or maybe it was just Sideshow's quick and dirty way to let customers know they shouldn't freak out if it appears their box has been opened up on arrival. And to back up that theory, I don't believe anyone whose order went through Alter Ego has reported a severely scratched unit yet...

I got this same email regarding the wheels from BBTS a couple weeks ago. I still haven't gotten mine shipped to me though.

I absolutely love my Batmobile, now looking through everyones photos now that I finally have mine. XD

Erm... mine wasn't damaged with scratches or paint rubs that I've noticed but now that I'm looking through the photos/videos, noticed that the LED's in the back aren't working(the tail lights are but not the uh exhaust thing!?)

Umm am I missing something or what do you guys suggest?

There is a piece of foam in there you have to remove... did you remove it? You have to twist the booster off, and pull the foam out.
I thought mine weren't working at first too until I noticed the foam in there. :)

Batmobile24.jpg

Batmobile25.jpg

Batmobile26.jpg

The lesson to be learned here is just like with real cars, you never want the first ones off of the assembly line
Actually, no. The first ones off the assembly line were fine; every unit we saw photos of the first week were pristine. It was the second batch off the assembly line that had scratches. From my recollection that's generally the case with Hot Toys; the first batch comes out good (probably because they're personally overseeing the production) and then the workers get tired and sloppy...

Another piece of encouraging information is that the batmobile is scheduled for a split shipment. So if HT was alerted early enough by sideshow they would have the opportunity to inspect this second shipment prior to throwing them on the boat.

Now do they take the time to look?

Well guys I have unpacked mine here in the UK which I just received from BBTS. The art box was ok although some evry large corner dents. Normally this would annoy me but with something this size I was kind of expecting it.

The car is stunning in the flesh and all the lights works and look great. HOWEVER, I have two large scratch marks just behind the canopy on either side! The canopy itself is perfect. I wish the canopy had the scratches as it may have been possible to replace but they are on the main body. They are proper rub marks and will not come out. Looking at the underside of the shield I can see exactly where it has rubbed! Plastic against plastic. I have some of my own foam (Shown in last pic) which I have now placed inside the shield as haven't got room to display it at the moment.

I am not happy as the model is stunning and deserves to be perfect especially considering the cost. I am emailing BBTS but being in the UK this is going to be a major problem. Should I email Hot Toys direct as well? Does anyone have their email address?

Still haven't heard back about my return from Sideshow. It's been over 5 business days.

They are proper rub marks and will not come out. Looking at the underside of the shield I can see exactly where it has rubbed! Plastic against plastic. I have some of my own foam (Shown in last pic) which I have now placed inside the shield as haven't got room to display it at the moment.
Really sorry to hear that, michaelw77. Now I'm back to believing the shield is in fact the culprit. Can you actually see marks inside the shield itself that coincide with the marks on the car?

A simple sheet over the Batmobile would have corrected this entire problem, based on the assumption that these rub marks are from the shield.

Extremely worried how mine will come out this Weds.

Well guys I have unpacked mine here in the UK which I just received from BBTS. The art box was ok although some evry large corner dents. Normally this would annoy me but with something this size I was kind of expecting it.

The car is stunning in the flesh and all the lights works and look great. HOWEVER, I have two large scratch marks just behind the canopy on either side! The canopy itself is perfect. I wish the canopy had the scratches as it may have been possible to replace but they are on the main body. They are proper rub marks and will not come out. Looking at the underside of the shield I can see exactly where it has rubbed! Plastic against plastic. I have some of my own foam (Shown in last pic) which I have now placed inside the shield as haven't got room to display it at the moment.

I am not happy as the model is stunning and deserves to be perfect especially considering the cost. I am emailing BBTS but being in the UK this is going to be a major problem. Should I email Hot Toys direct as well? Does anyone have their email address?
those pics made me audibly sigh....sorry man that should never have happened :monkey2...

I dont know if it is the shield making the rub marks. If that was the case, then they would all have that problem since they were all in the same boat being tossed around at sea.
When I opened the first two with very light sratches on top, I thought not bad. Then the third one was pristine, I thought I was getting lucky, then the next 7 just made my night ****ty.

Really sorry to hear that, michaelw77. Now I'm back to believing the shield is in fact the culprit. Can you actually see marks inside the shield itself that coincide with the marks on the car?

Yep I can easily see where the marks are under the shield are in the position where the Batmobile is scratched. I have tried to show it in the pictures. Why on earth didn't they at least cover the top part of the Batmobile in the plastic which covers the shield!

I'm now waiting for a reply from Hot Toys and BBTS

I dont know if it is the shield making the rub marks. If that was the case, then they would all have that problem since they were all in the same boat being tossed around at sea.
When I opened the first two with very light sratches on top, I thought not bad. Then the third one was pristine, I thought I was getting lucky, then the next 7 just made my night ****ty.

Show............... me............ Boxes!
family+feud+dawson.jpg

I cannot believe the percentage of damaged products. I mean what the hell? One would think that SS or Hot Toys would have been notified of the rate of damage and stop production until this can be fixed.

Back