1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will see what BBTS offers me for the 9 with QC. I can take the light scratch ones, but the 5 with deep scratches just pisses me off now that I see it in hand:mad:

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

As far people saying what do i expect out of a 700 dollar worth pack. I think if it came with a figure, wld feel a bit better about it. Its a huge car to be diecast but may be some stuff inside could be die cast,

Why on earth do people think die-cast = quality?

It doesn't. It's rubbish pot metal. It's seriously just rubbish stuff.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Why on earth do people think die-cast = quality?

It doesn't. It's rubbish pot metal. It's seriously just rubbish stuff.

True, true. It's hard to get in the finer details on diecast and paint chips is too common.

Hi guys. Mine has just turned up via UPS from BBTS to the UK. £110 customs - I actually thought it was going to be more so that's good news! I will be opening this afternoon so wish me luck. I really hope I have a good one!

Mine is set for delivery tomorrow. Praying...

That picture is awesome Roberto!

I received mine on Friday but I was gone all weekend. I opened it up last night and it was perfect. No blemishes or scratches. The car is amazing.

Could pick this up at my local shop tomorrow for $700 all in, is this a good price?

Seems reasonable and you can open it there to inspect it for scratches.

Nice picture of the Twilight Zone, I'm a big fan! Good luck with your purchase.

Ok, just finished looking over all 10 of my batmobiles. 5 has the deep scratches on both sides, 4 has light scratches on one side and the top, and 1 was perfect. What a crappy percentage. F-you HT and your ****ty *** underpaid 10 yr old chinese workers.
And why can I only vote once on the poll?

Darn what a bummer, dude! :slap Really sorry that you got so many with QC issues.

Ok, just finished looking over all 10 of my batmobiles. 5 has the deep scratches on both sides, 4 has light scratches on one side and the top, and 1 was perfect. What a crappy percentage. F-you HT and your ****ty *** underpaid 10 yr old chinese workers.
And why can I only vote once on the poll?

10?? Do you have a warehouse to store them in? :horror

I received mine on Friday but I was gone all weekend. I opened it up last night and it was perfect. No blemishes or scratches. The car is amazing.

Glad to know the dream is still alive :clap. This is a a beautiful piece to have congrats to you!

It's quite discouraging that only 1 out of 10 showed up MINT. :(
It really is discouraging. But if the blemishes are a result of a sloppy worker on the assembly line - and sifu74's all came from the same place at the same time - then it makes sense that nearly all of them would be from the same batch. They were either going to be nearly all pristine or nearly all damaged, depending on if his batch was assembled by the sloppy assclown or the workers who were more careful.

I wonder if at any point the worker(s) realized they were scratching the hell out of the cars and altered their methods, or if at least one line continued their destructive assembly process until they completed production, oblivious to the damage they were causing.

this was number 34 of 35 of my collection when it came in and its the highlight of my 1/6 collection :) such such such and awesome piece can't wait to photograph it later... but its gonna be hard since Storm Shadow came in an hour ago hmmmm :)

The big question now is if Sideshow is opening every batmobile before they ship it out. At this point it makes sense to verify the bad lot.

If there is a defect rate at 50% on these as our HIGHLY scientific poll is pointing to :lol then it will help avoid customer service complaints they will have to deal with in the near term.

Mine was processing to ship last week and was held up (still in processing), so maybe they are looking these over.

Mine was processing to ship last week and was held up (still in processing), so maybe they are looking these over.
I'd like to think they'd make the effort to do just that, as it'd save them and their customers a lot of trouble given the cost and difficulty in returning this sum*****. The shipping email I received from Alter Ego included the following note from Sideshow:

Sideshow Collectibles said:
Thank you for your order of the Hot Toys 1:6 scale1989 Batmobile, item 901393. It is sure to be a great addition to your collection.
Before its arrival to you, we wanted to advise you that in order to prevent the item from rolling back and forth during transit to you Hot Toys inserted a red rod, or manual brake, into the inside wheel wells on the front and back tires. Please see the photo below for reference.
WHEEL WELL
attachment.php

These brake rods are not a working part of your item and should be removed BEFORE attempting to move or roll your Batmobile.
Failure to remove these rods may result in damage to your item.
Now, this message was clearly intended for the Tumbler, but they changed the copy to read "Hot Toys 1:6 scale 1989 Batmobile". Maybe this message was just included in error, or maybe it was just Sideshow's quick and dirty way to let customers know they shouldn't freak out if it appears their box has been opened up on arrival. And to back up that theory, I don't believe anyone whose order went through Alter Ego has reported a severely scratched unit yet...

Back