1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know if it is the shield making the rub marks. If that was the case, then they would all have that problem since they were all in the same boat being tossed around at sea.
Not necessarily. It could be a factor of whether or not they get stood on end, whether or not they get left upside down, whether or not they're at the bottom of the pile with the weight of several other boxed Batombiles on top, etc.

Do the shipping boxes have a "This end up" sticker on them? Not that it matters, just curious.

Yes, fragile and this end up (lay horizontally). Delivery companies will keep the box vertical to save floor space though, which might cause the problem. Picked mine up that way and it was damaged.

Well guys I have unpacked mine here in the UK which I just received from BBTS. The art box was ok although some evry large corner dents. Normally this would annoy me but with something this size I was kind of expecting it.

The car is stunning in the flesh and all the lights works and look great. HOWEVER, I have two large scratch marks just behind the canopy on either side! The canopy itself is perfect. I wish the canopy had the scratches as it may have been possible to replace but they are on the main body. They are proper rub marks and will not come out. Looking at the underside of the shield I can see exactly where it has rubbed! Plastic against plastic. I have some of my own foam (Shown in last pic) which I have now placed inside the shield as haven't got room to display it at the moment.

I am not happy as the model is stunning and deserves to be perfect especially considering the cost. I am emailing BBTS but being in the UK this is going to be a major problem. Should I email Hot Toys direct as well? Does anyone have their email address?

Man those rubs look very bad. If only HT would of use more foam underneath the shield may all these cases could of been avoided. I have some rub marks on the passenger side of the rear canopy as well, but not a bad as the one pictured in the quote.

Man those rubs look very bad. If only HT would of use more foam underneath the shield may all these cases could of been avoided. I have some rub marks on the passenger side of the rear canopy as well, but not a bad as the one pictured in the quote.

Yep the one on the right is the worse. Can't beleive it as the rest of the car is mint. But i can't live with those marks when i eventually display it.

Yep. At this point I'll be shocked if my one ends up being mint.

fp.com will get the later batches. Thats what I'm thankful for.

I cannot believe the percentage of damaged products. I mean what the hell? One would think that SS or Hot Toys would have been notified of the rate of damage and stop production until this can be fixed.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8H2FIf1oH4[/ame]

There is a piece of foam in there you have to remove... did you remove it? You have to twist the booster off, and pull the foam out.
I thought mine weren't working at first too until I noticed the foam in there. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh gosh, that's what it was :slap thank you! :hi5:

Yes and yes. While the Tumbler was delivered to those getting bright shiny spots on the roof and broken flaps, by the time fp.com got it there was barely any marks.

Not necessarily. It could be a factor of whether or not they get stood on end, whether or not they get left upside down, whether or not they're at the bottom of the pile with the weight of several other boxed Batombiles on top, etc.

This is what I was thinking... given the weight and size of these boxes, the Batmobiles could've been mint when boxed. My guess is as they stacked the boxes on the skids, the weight of each box pressed down on the middle of the boxes just enough to dip the armor shield down to scratch the canopy. if you are tossing that big of a box on the other, and a corner of the box you are dropping on the other hits the bottom box the right way, that's a lot of force. It would basically be like having a 50 lb kid jump on the middle of each box... with no foam directly around the canopy section inside the shield, that shield is going to drop enough to hit plastic on plastic and cause those marks...if even for a second. I can tell in my shield where there are scratches lined up as well. So I'd say it's cause from the shield for sure.

I feel bad for HT in one aspect as they are giving a college try to securing the lights and the batmobile itself with great care. All of the trouble HT is going through to secure the lights with foam in the afterburner to save it from cracks and dings and something as simple as the roof getting scratched it biting them in the buttocks.

Sometimes its the most obvious things that gets overlooked I suppose.

This is what I was thinking... given the weight and size of these boxes, the Batmobiles could've been mint when boxed. My guess is as they stacked the boxes on the skids, the weight of each box pressed down on the middle of the boxes just enough to dip the armor shield down to scratch the canopy. if you are tossing that big of a box on the other, and a corner of the box you are dropping on the other hits the bottom box the right way, that's a lot of force. It would basically be like having a 50 lb kid jump on the middle of each box... with no foam directly around the canopy section inside the shield, that shield is going to drop enough to hit plastic on plastic and cause those marks...if even for a second. I can tell in my shield where there are scratches lined up as well. So I'd say it's cause from the shield for sure.
So basically the boxes arrived at sideshow stacked; if you get one from the top of the pile it's mint condition. If you get one from the bottom of the pile, the weight of the box above it has pushed the shield down onto the car's canopy and scratched it where plastic meets plastic.

So basically the boxes arrived at sideshow stacked; if you get one from the top of the pile it's mint condition. If you get one from the bottom of the pile, the weight of the box above it has pushed the shield down onto the car's canopy and scratched it where plastic meets plastic.

That makes sense. Guess whoever is on top wins. :wink1:

Last edited:
I'm happy to say that it's blemish free and beautiful. Now I need to figure out how to actually display it.:lol

Great news! :yess: Really glad to hear it. Hopefully whenever mine ships its pristine as well. Did yours come directly from SS? Isn't that how BBTS is fulfilling?

You gotta be effing kidding me! Well that pretty much explains it. Had Hot Toys given the canopy the protection it needed underneath the shield, the weight of the boxes wouldn't have put the force that caused the scratches.

This is just a nightmare for everyone involved. I really hope Hot Toys and Sideshow address the issue and make the necessary packaging changes because they are going to be inundated with returns from angry collectors. I hope they are making another batch of Batmobiles for all of the replacements they are going to need.

Back