1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just unboxed the batmobile this morning with my daughter right before a day long comic con trip and i was soooo nervous reading how maybe people had problems, soon as i opened up it and saw the shield covering i started flipping out because i could see white bumps and what appeared to be big scratches, luckly it was just the plastic shrink wrap, Pheeeeew and i have to say the shield is really lack luster if anything i mean its a cool protective "themed" shipping container... but Im glad to say my batmobile is in MINT condition;

I do have one ?question?, hoping somebody can help, HT has been getting better at directions, but I want to make sure, how does the trunk open up to put batteries in??? do you really have to just tugg on the sucker straight up?, cause it really feels like its in there good.
thanks !

Could pick this up at my local shop tomorrow for $700 all in, is this a good price?

It was on ebay for 699 free shipping and at the time was the cheapest i found until i saw one locally for sale a little bit cheaper, i would go for it !!! its awesome!!!, cause sideshow was charging me 112$ shipping making it 741. So its like 10 extra bucks off and getting your 5% immediately back.

Just unboxed the batmobile this morning with my daughter right before a day long comic con trip and i was soooo nervous reading how maybe people had problems, soon as i opened up it and saw the shield covering i started flipping out because i could see white bumps and what appeared to be big scratches, luckly it was just the plastic shrink wrap, Pheeeeew and i have to say the shield is really lack luster if anything i mean its a cool protective "themed" shipping container... but Im glad to say my batmobile is in MINT condition;

I do have one ?question?, hoping somebody can help, HT has been getting better at directions, but I want to make sure, how does the trunk open up to put batteries in??? do you really have to just tugg on the sucker straight up?, cause it really feels like its in there good.
thanks !
I don't have a response to your question as I don't have mine yet, but did you have a chance to cast your vote in the "no" column?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131307

thanks !

just pull up under where the thruster and trunk meet

I absolutely love my Batmobile, now looking through everyones photos now that I finally have mine. XD

Erm... mine wasn't damaged with scratches or paint rubs that I've noticed but now that I'm looking through the photos/videos, noticed that the LED's in the back aren't working(the tail lights are but not the uh exhaust thing!?)

Umm am I missing something or what do you guys suggest?

I absolutely love my Batmobile, now looking through everyones photos now that I finally have mine. XD

Erm... mine wasn't damaged with scratches or paint rubs that I've noticed but now that I'm looking through the photos/videos, noticed that the LED's in the back aren't working(the tail lights are but not the uh exhaust thing!?)

I saw a video where a guy mentioned if you have trouble with the lights, unscrew the exhaust and fiddle with the cables inside.

Did you have a chance to vote in the poll regarding no damage?
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131307&page=11

Might have been improperly plugged or loosened during shipping. Check the instructions for replacing the booster lights when they burn out (Step D, part 4-6) and make sure the circuit and wires are still securely plugged in. If they are, test the circuit to make sure you don't have a short somewhere on the wire before the LEDs...and if you don't, maybe the LEDs are burned out (least likely this soon I think).

I tried to put him and jack joker in once. I didnt read the directions :lol that the canopy needs to be taken off.. So yea fatman didnt get in...:lol I would think the dx12 might be easy if someone wants to try him take pics please thank's...I saw this pic a few days ago on fb one sixth republc kinda funny.:lol again not my pic...I think keaton or mikey likes it.....:lol

I Passed on the tumbler.

Payback time :lol

njt0.jpg

Little does Bale Batman know that Keaton Batman planted a timer bomb under the drivers seat!

:lol nice. Gordon makes it.

Trying to keep up the best buds theme. :1-1:

Little does Bale Batman know that Keaton Batman planted a timer bomb under the drivers seat!
:panic: :lol :lol
That's exactly the type of thing his ruthless version of Batman would do too. Only under the driver seat though? If Gordon survives, Keaton Batman just made him into Two-Face! :horror

Ok, just finished looking over all 10 of my batmobiles. 5 has the deep scratches on both sides, 4 has light scratches on one side and the top, and 1 was perfect. What a crappy percentage. F-you HT and your ****ty *** underpaid 10 yr old chinese workers.
And why can I only vote once on the poll?

Ok, just finished looking over all 10 of my batmobiles. 5 has the deep scratches on both sides, 4 has light scratches on one side and the top, and 1 was perfect. What a crappy percentage. F-you HT and your ****ty *** underpaid 10 yr old chinese workers.

At least we know which one you'll be keeping! :rotfl

:horror:horror:horror

Really sorry to hear that.

That is really bad luck, one is bad enough to ship back but that many sounds like a nightmare.

I got lucky with mine, I am done with HT vehicles. I really wanted a BTTF DeLorean but by the time it is released it will be $900+ and I'm sure will have some QC issue. I will stick with figures only from now on.

So are you going to return the five worst or all nine damaged ones?

It's such a shame that a collectible as beautiful and stunning as this Batmobile is, that there are so many issues in regards to QC. Still, for me personally, I just can't keep my eyes off this piece and by adding Keaton alongside it...it just brings the display to life!

jugenebe.jpg

Back