1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he says some stupid ****, and he has to be the only person in the world who'd complain about there being features/accessories included, but the video work itself is the best and most thorough of any I've seen yet.

My thoughts exactly...who complains about extra accessories and enhanced display options :huh

I guess he'd like it better if they'd dropped that stuff and charged us the same price? Cause no way in he|| they'd not include the extras and charge us less.

My thoughts exactly...who complains about extra accessories and enhanced display options :huh

I guess he'd like it better if they'd dropped that stuff and charged us the same price? Cause no way in he|| they'd not include the extras and charge us less.
Right. This thing was always going to be $600; so every little feature and accessory they throw in makes that price just every so slightly justified in my mind.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

OF CAUSE!!! Just not going to get a third Granas to put it in though :p
You are too right?

Of cause!! :lecture :lol

I'm still working on something permanent display for my whole Batman collection ...with the (3) cars as a center piece. :)

It going to be something different than the Granas this time. :)

:wave

Jay and Wendy are cool as ****. They just gave away a Camo Tumbler, and a Bane as a contest prize for subscribing to a few frivolous internet channels.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRH_GSDpq-Q[/ame]

Who else does that?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

The amount of units they must produce x the scale of the pieces x the high level of detail = Hot Toys is truly the boldest high-end toy/collectible company there is. I know they're not perfect all the time, but when they do something like this, as when they first did the Tumbler, I am in total awe and have total respect for them. I know the price is steep "for a huge piece of plastic"...but it's more than just that. I really feel like even at full price, this baby is a steal of a deal for collectors. The craftsmanship and quality is amazing. What other collectible company expands their range so wide from what they're known for and succeeds? Who else takes risks on this level and pulls them off so well? The bar has been raised. /HT fanboy rant over.

You will cry when the 2.0 version comes with all the engine details and more kewl features... just guessing. Having said that i think its a great piece but its way too expensive for the details. Every figure needs headsculpt details which are the toughest part. For this its mould based. Limited hand crafting and can be painted like a factory line... 700 is way too steep... Per pound of plastic... Just saying....

Wendy's cool, I liked her review of the tumbler. Jay not so much. Dude was pretty rough with the canopy and trunk panel, I thought he was going to break the canopy....plus your reason for not liking the tdkr is because your to old for it? Maybe if you weren't playing with a big batmobile in a room full of action figures I would believe that. Lol

You will cry when the 2.0 version comes with all the engine details and more kewl features... just guessing. Having said that i think its a great piece but its way too expensive for the details. Every figure needs headsculpt details which are the toughest part. For this its mould based. Limited hand crafting and can be painted like a factory line... 700 is way too steep... Per pound of plastic... Just saying....

You're not wrong about the price. Without the countless man hours of meticulous painting and sewing and assembling that the figures require, this big block of plastic has no excuse to cost what it does. But I'd be very surprised if there's a 2.0 release with additional features and improvements. Maybe a reissue of the exact same thing in two years when the Returns Batman figure finally arrives on doorsteps, but I wouldn't expect any changes apart from addressing whatever's causing 45% of them to arrive damaged.

Wendy's cool, I liked her review of the tumbler. Jay not so much. Dude was pretty rough with the canopy and trunk panel, I thought he was going to break the canopy....plus your reason for not liking the tdkr is because your to old for it? Maybe if you weren't playing with a big batmobile in a room full of action figures I would believe that. Lol

Seriously. What is it with him? I haven't watched their reviews in a while so this was my first time seeing the new format. Is he always this grouchy or did this Batmobile put him in a bad mood? I like Wendy and she's generally the reason to watch.

Yeah he says some stupid ****, and he has to be the only person in the world who'd complain about there being features/accessories included, but the video work itself is the best and most thorough of any I've seen yet.

Yeah good video, I didn't mind the guy, he seemed genuinely pissed about the scuffs. I don't blame him to be honest.

Love your signature Bill, which part or Returns is it??

Right after he turns the corner after strapping the bomb to the big carnival guy and runs into the penguin....touring the devastation,upstanding mayor stuff.

I hope thats just nerves but his clapping and head scratching is annoying but saying that I can understand about the dog. If that was where it was coming from. As he seems to be much better further on in the video.

Real shame about the dog.

and Wendy are cool as ****. They just gave away a Camo Tumbler, and a Bane as a contest prize for subscribing to a few frivolous internet channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRH_GSDpq-Q

Who else does that?

I can't see many doing it. Very generous though!

For what it is worth Jay (dude) is usually behind the camera. does all the tech. work on the vids, while Wendy does the review. He knows some people don't like his style, and is fine with it. Gotta admire a person for being themselves even if some don't like it. Beyond the shtick he is really a cool guy, and that is all that matters.

Anyway, back on topic. I cancelled my PO due to QC and have decided to apply the funds to the '66 car if all goes well with that. If not, I guess I won't own any Batmobiles.

Back