1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys company is not perfect but for such high prices collectibles and especially for a collectible worth around 700$, I believe that this product should be perfect. The car should have been more better protected with foam over it.

I haven't received the 1989 Batmobile yet. But I've send an email to my ebay seller and told him about the quality control issues and I asked him if he can open the box and ispect it before send it to me. Got to say that the Batmobile scuffs that I saw here, plus a small defect in every most HT figure I have makes me almost give up HT. I know that I sound weird to most of you but please let me explain. I mean that I can only buy one figure every two or three months. Also add about 50$ to 70$ for shipping cost on each figure. Plus that it's just to expensive for me to send an figure back to Hong Kong or USA for replacement (not to mention such a collectible like the size of the Batmobile).

The seller responded that he will open the box and check the condition of the Batmobile before shipping. That would be somehow a reilef but I'm not pretty sure that my Batmobile will have no scuffs or broken parts.

So sorry for my english. Back then I tremendously failed at the Engilish language first certificate! :D

Anyway, back on topic. I cancelled my PO due to QC and have decided to apply the funds to the '66 car if all goes well with that. If not, I guess I won't own any Batmobiles.
Bad idea. Here's how that one's showing up:

BatmobileCRASH-vi.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

You will cry when the 2.0 version comes with all the engine details and more kewl features... just guessing. Having said that i think its a great piece but its way too expensive for the details. Every figure needs headsculpt details which are the toughest part. For this its mould based. Limited hand crafting and can be painted like a factory line... 700 is way too steep... Per pound of plastic... Just saying....

I won't cry, I'll probably take my chances and buy the 2.0 also. :lol

Just got my batmobile a few hours ago... so nervous to open it but so excited, going to make room for it so I can inspect it tomorrow.

Wish me luck? lol

Can someone please run their fingers along the front lower lip under the headlights to feel if they have any scratches.

I just found one on the right lip. :(

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I won't cry, I'll probably take my chances and buy the 2.0 also. :lol

Well you got money bro.. For some of us, its imp to pick and chose and once again... I always say it..l i love it... But for 700 dollars it was always a pass for me and will be, unless i can open the hood and see some details... At least for the size it is. I am a mechanical engineer and a plastic shell does not impress me.

Well you got money bro.. For some of us, its imp to pick and chose and once again... I always say it..l i love it... But for 700 dollars it was always a pass for me and will be, unless i can open the hood and see some details... At least for the size it is. I am a mechanical engineer and a plastic shell does not impress me.

Were you expecting metal?
When in the movie did they show the actual interior/engine of the car?
Idk man, I think HT (QC aside) does amazing 1/6 vehicles. $700 is a steep price, but when you think they are actually charging almost 800 of the IM hall of armor, I still think we are getting out money's worth.
Who else does this amazing pieces?
I would totally buy a 2.0 if they made it. Unless of course is just like the reissue tumbler or batpod , that didn't bring anything new to the table.

Aside from the shipping cost, I think $600 is reasonable for what it is.

The Toynami Batmobile is $2000 and is 10 inches smaller. Forgot what scale it's in but you're still talking about a replica for $1400 more.

For $600, your getting the best 89 Batmobile in the market and it came out beautifully, aside from the QC issues.

First of all, this is a $600 item, not a $700 one and when some figures are pushing $300 now it makes this seem like a bargain.

Were you expecting metal?
When in the movie did they show the actual interior/engine of the car?
Idk man, I think HT (QC aside) does amazing 1/6 vehicles. $700 is a steep price, but when you think they are actually charging almost 800 of the IM hall of armor, I still think we are getting out money's worth.
Who else does this amazing pieces?
I would totally buy a 2.0 if they made it. Unless of course is just like the reissue tumbler or batpod , that didn't bring anything new to the table.

:exactly: The body and interior is really all there is to the real car. Nothing pretty to look at underneath. It's really not a bad price, the QMX Viper is $2000, is smaller and has about the same for lighting.

First of all, this is a $600 item, not a $700 one and when some figures are pushing $300 now it makes this seem like a bargain.

Once again figures have a lot more detail. Its tougher to create a face sculpt than a car in plastic. I am just saying 700 delivered home is a lot of money. I have spent obscene amount of money on this hobby, and will continue to do so, but i still feel its way too expensive for what one gets out of it. Its been my view since day one.

As far people saying what do i expect out of a 700 dollar worth pack. I think if it came with a figure, wld feel a bit better about it. Its a huge car to be diecast but may be some stuff inside could be die cast, some sound features, some parallels drawn from the time when the batmobie is manipulated by the penguine's team to get it all messed up (interior details) or may be with the penguines batmobile that was used to drive this one remotely. i know this could be from 2 different movies but for 700 they could have done some more level of work. My worry is that when we as collectors accept such price points we set ourselves up for the next wave of 'expensive products'. We are continuously being pushed to a higher limit and we continue to accept it. Soon you will see crappy looking things will start costing 400 plus... And only we will be to be blamed.

Lastly its still being delivered with scuffs etc... 700 dollar figure, hmmm... I would prefer HT to do white glove delivery. You all know right that in most states 900 off dollars you get an actual camero delivered all safe and sound from the factory to the dealer store.

Once again, my views are just my views. I collect like crazy so am the last one to draw examples, it just amazes me though that how many people can shell 700 bucks for something like this.

Once again figures have a lot more detail. Its tougher to create a face sculpt than a car in plastic. I am just saying 700 delivered home is a lot of money. I have spent obscene amount of money on this hobby, and will continue to do so, but i still feel its way too expensive for what one gets out of it. Its been my view since day one.

As far people saying what do i expect out of a 700 dollar worth pack. I think if it came with a figure, wld feel a bit better about it. Its a huge car to be diecast but may be some stuff inside could be die cast, some sound features, some parallels drawn from the time when the batmobie is manipulated by the penguine's team to get it all messed up (interior details) or may be with the penguines batmobile that was used to drive this one remotely. i know this could be from 2 different movies but for 700 they could have done some more level of work. My worry is that when we as collectors accept such price points we set ourselves up for the next wave of 'expensive products'. We are continuously being pushed to a higher limit and we continue to accept it. Soon you will see crappy looking things will start costing 400 plus... And only we will be to be blamed.

Lastly its still being delivered with scuffs etc... 700 dollar figure, hmmm... I would prefer HT to do white glove delivery. You all know right that in most states 900 off dollars you get an actual camero delivered all safe and sound from the factory to the dealer store.

Once again, my views are just my views. I collect like crazy so am the last one to draw examples, it just amazes me though that how many people can shell 700 bucks for something like this.

tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif

Back