1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine this morning at work, shield is pretty beat up but the car itself seems undamaged. Just took a quick look, will give a more thorough investigation tonight. Feeling lucky for now though. Man this thing is stunning in hand!!!

Sounds like the shield did its job! :yess:

Opened mine up two days ago even thought I've had it since last Friday. Wanted to wait until I had time to inspect it thoroughly.
The shield had alot of peeling on it but I threw it back into the box immediately since I never plan on displaying it.
Found a small barely visible scratch in that spot between the canopy and the little round window. Had to shine a bright led on it directly to see it.

Absolutely loving this beast. Have no idea where its permanent resting place will be.

and BTW...i find it interesting that this is being shipped from sideshow through alter ego, for $90. But Sideshow wanted to charge me $117.

WTF sideshow?!?

I only got charged $50 from AE so I'm not quite sure how they're dealing with these shipping costs.

BBTS said the average shipping cost is around $120 even with their discount.

So if AE is only charging you $50 or $90 they are paying the difference which is very cool.

The box is insanely big so I can understand the $100+ shipping charge.

AE only charged me $45 for shipping so I'm sure they are taking a huge hit financially sticking by their original price quote. That's why I'll continue to give them my business in the future. ;)

Well, mine arrived. To have it held at that ups facility was a MISTAKE. This box is huge and heavy, it was fun to take up the stairs...
It all looked ok until I checked the right side of the canopy. Two scratches that I can't stop looking at now.... It's really all not that bad, but I just paid $700+ and I don't want to see them! There's probably a workaround, as aside from that, this thing is beautiful. No other QC Issues. View attachment 64704
I will be emailing SS and hopefully can return it in a timely fashion in order to get another one....

Surely sideshow has communicated to hot toys about these issues?
Do you guys think hot toys will issue a statement on this at all?

It all looked ok until I checked the right side of the canopy. Two scratches that I can't stop looking at now.... It's really all not that bad, but I just paid $700+ and I don't want to see them! There's probably a workaround, as aside from that, this thing is beautiful. No other QC Issues. View attachment 64704
I will be emailing SS and hopefully can return it in a timely fashion in order to get another one....

I got scuff marks on mine in just about the same spot... seems most are.

Some more pics to add some much needed levity to this thread:

h4rd.jpg

"Not that I ever need a lift Bruce, but you're not going anywhere without giving me a ride in that sweet car."

kfjq.jpg

"Ok, get in. But just don't touch anything."

"Yippee!"

wttr.jpg

"What's this button do?"

"Oil slick."

8vo.jpg

"And this?" "

"Grappling hook."

p3th.jpg

"Smile! We're on camera...best Super Friends cruising"

"...<grumble>..."

t628.jpg

"Hey Bruce, who's that guy on the bike? And what's the deal with that car behind us?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Clark."

Last edited:
I finally unboxed mine today... seems I was one of the lucky ones. The only little niggle I had about it was the two fins at the back of the car. You can see from the pics below that one of them had a slight "flat spot" where the two sections of the mould sort of come together. Not a big deal at all considering what a lot of you guys are experiencing, and I'm not going to risk sending it back only to get one even more damaged in return.

Upon packing the car back up, I covered it in two large recycling rubbish bags with the hope that as it sits in my closet (I've got nowhere to put it!) the foam from the cocoon won't do any damage. I will say this... just staring at it in the box and inspecting it I had a huge smile on my face. It was crazy expensive, but I'm happy to have it.

9374300934_70db553613_h.jpg

9371526385_a0c2894bb1_h.jpg

Perfect fin:
9371527099_b91fce1f6a_b.jpg

Flat spot fin (kinda hard to see because my camera went fuzzy):
9374301734_584a984a9e_b.jpg

I think these poor finishes like rubs and flat spots are going to be common. Guess what? They are the norm for HT QC. You may have to just deal with it- I'm sure I will..

Inexcusable for a high ticket item like this...but the hassle of returning this is going to be such a b**** most won't bother...

Hot Toys/Sideshow will start issuing a discaimer "We cannot gurantee the item you receive will be free of cosmetic defects. Buy at your own risk."

Back