1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/G6H1CGOCbAo

Great unboxing, great video. His has scuffs but they're very minor compared to some I've seen. I could live with those scuffs.

Wow I had no idea the shield cover looked so bad, I thought it would of been shinier or something and was actually thinking of displaying it with that sometimes. Now after seeing it this I realize it is just a cheap gimmick that is quite pointless.

Nevertheless, all the stuff that comes with the Batmobile looks cool though, just hate how that shield cover caused those marks. :gah:

Man I hope HT sorts this out for future batches, I'm gonna hold off till then.
Insane that they wrap the whole armor shield in plastic but not the actual car. Classic irony.

Yeah I think I will to. :(

Wow I had no idea the shield cover looked so bad, I thought it would of been shinier or something and was actually thinking of displaying it with that sometimes. Now after seeing it this I realize it is just a cheap gimmick that is quite pointless.

Nevertheless, all the stuff that comes with the Batmobile looks cool though, just hate how that shield cover caused those marks. :gah:

Yeah I think I will to. :(
might not be the shield that cause the scratches .

Can someone please tell me the box dimensions of the shipper? I need to know to measure if it will fit in my car. Thank you.

3 more days till mine arrives from BBTS. I know they have used a much larger outer box to pack it in. So fingers crossed on the CQ issues.

I have this beast on flex,a fantastic piece!, but I still love my Tumbler! I don't think the '89 is better it's cool in it's own way

HT's packing of the Batmobile may not be that great, but I'm also afraid of people like this delivering my Batmobile...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

HT's packing of the Batmobile may not be that great, but I'm also afraid of people like this delivering my Batmobile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0&feature=player_embedded
I would love (not really) to see a FedEx driver just try and toss this thing like that woman did. I doubt many people who are delivering these things can lift it up over their shoulders alone.

Seeing something like that is quite unsettling though. Pretty sure our figures have been thrown around like that.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Once again figures have a lot more detail. Its tougher to create a face sculpt than a car in plastic. I am just saying 700 delivered home is a lot of money. I have spent obscene amount of money on this hobby, and will continue to do so, but i still feel its way too expensive for what one gets out of it. Its been my view since day one.

As far people saying what do i expect out of a 700 dollar worth pack. I think if it came with a figure, wld feel a bit better about it. Its a huge car to be diecast but may be some stuff inside could be die cast, some sound features, some parallels drawn from the time when the batmobie is manipulated by the penguine's team to get it all messed up (interior details) or may be with the penguines batmobile that was used to drive this one remotely. i know this could be from 2 different movies but for 700 they could have done some more level of work. My worry is that when we as collectors accept such price points we set ourselves up for the next wave of 'expensive products'. We are continuously being pushed to a higher limit and we continue to accept it. Soon you will see crappy looking things will start costing 400 plus... And only we will be to be blamed.

Lastly its still being delivered with scuffs etc... 700 dollar figure, hmmm... I would prefer HT to do white glove delivery. You all know right that in most states 900 off dollars you get an actual camero delivered all safe and sound from the factory to the dealer store.

Once again, my views are just my views. I collect like crazy so am the last one to draw examples, it just amazes me though that how many people can shell 700 bucks for something like this.

I prefer my collectible cannot make sound... imo its kinda feel cheap.

3 more days till mine arrives from BBTS. I know they have used a much larger outer box to pack it in. So fingers crossed on the CQ issues.

Negative. BBTS has stated that they are not able to pack this out. Check recent mail from them regarding box size and shipping costs.

I am so on the fence with this thing re: space and QC issues.

Negative. BBTS has stated that they are not able to pack this out. Check recent mail from them regarding box size and shipping costs.

I am so on the fence with this thing re: space and QC issues.

So they aren't filling orders? Did I misread that?

So they aren't filling orders? Did I misread that?

They are not able to double box this monster. According to recent mail they shipped a small partial shipment last week, with more to follow in 2-4 weeks. My February order hasn't shipped yet.

Back