1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Finally just got my processing notice for my final flex on Monday.

But I might have to cancel. There are only 40 vents on the hood right in front of the canopy (20 each side). There are supposed to 54 (27 each side). Combined with the shortened height of the windshield glass, and the flimsy shields this makes this release a total fail.

Just kidding of course, no WAY I'm cancelling this. But seriously, there are supposed to 54 vents on the hood.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Don't thank me, I ain't buying it for you. :lol

It's simple, if this thing has caught your eye and you're interested, pull the trigger. Worst thing that happens is it's some sort of burden (space, finances, peace of mind, whatever) for you for a month or so before you off it. If you're not impressed with what you see and you can easily shrug it off, save that money.

On another note, I still can't believe how much it's improved since this,

burton_batmobile.jpg

5985856778_2b4ace4466_o.jpg

They usually don't rework/add things. The extra details in the cockpit, reworking the shape and even adding LEDs to the afterburner (which weren't even in the specs!) are great touches, so that surprised me.

I don't have the Toynami Cinemaquette version (I have all/most of them save for the Toynami and Richman RC), but from the images I've seen, this seems to blow them all away.

But Epic Fail with no Vicki mag light thingee he shines on her........CANCELED

JK:lol

I wonder if it will be big enough to fit my cold lifeless body in after the other half kills me for bringing home this behemoth.

$151.00 for shipping to Alaska :gah:

My final bill is $207 :slap that is enough for another figure. But after getting this bad boy I really do not need (or have room) for anything else. My bank account hates me but I can't wait till this gets here.

This bad boy is more than just another figure.

I wonder if it will be big enough to fit my cold lifeless body in after the other half kills me for bringing home this behemoth.

:lol Wondered the same thing. I've been bracing her though. I did show her the comparison to the tumbler. I think the Batmobile box may be my new bed. :slap

I've always thought that him missing Joker was pretty self-explanatory. From the height that Batman is at, it would be a difficult but not impossible task to hit a man standing on the street from a stationary point... but flying at the speed of the Batwing, in a relative dive so that the bullets are at an angle to hit him? That is a one in a million shot. An assault plane like the Batwing seems like it is made for aerial combat or strafing runs on larger ground targets... not a shot at one lone human standing on the streets below. Shooting Joker down isn't why he choose the Batwing in this scene after all... It is to get the balloons out of there. Going after the Joker is a secondary concern, and is a task that this particular vehicle isn't really equipped for. I figure the target locks are for a larger radius than just the Joker, and Batman is hoping for a lucky shot or a way to ward Joker off and protect innocents.

As for Joker's gun taking out the Batwing- A lucky shot is a lucky shot... Same as it would have been if Batman managed to hit Joker. And if I remember right, the novelization (or it could have been an early script) alluded to the fact that Batman had only been in action for about 6 weeks at this point. The Batwing might actually be out on its maiden voyage and be nothing more than a prototype... One without all the kinks worked out just yet. He simply has no choice but to use it on this occasion, and Joker's shot reveals a glaring design flaw.

At least that is how the scene makes sense for me. :)

Sallah

Oh movie magic is a fickle thing. If Luke can turn a miraculous trickshot into the Death Star via fledgling force powers, Bats could completely annihilate a stationary Joker in the street with the Batwing but then it wouldn't serve the needs of the story. Killing the Joker with the Batwing would have been utterly anti-climactic and literally overkill. They needed to introduce and take out the Batwing in time for the final battle though with enough flash to show it off.

Dear God No! The scene is fine the way it is. 6 year old me didn't care how The Joker shot down the Batwing, and 30 year old me doesn't care. I do not need everything to have a real world dose of science and logic. I love Burton's Batman films because they sit to the left of our world. His Gotham is beautiful because of it's trapped in the 20's type look and feel. I went to see a movie about a billionaire with grief issues dress up like a flying rodent and beat the hell out of a clown.

So, you'd pass on seeing some awesome Joker cannons pop out of that float? I don't think so! :)

This bad boy is more than just another figure.

I'd be interested to see how much appeal this has to model car collectors!

The Nolan films really got that "epic" aspect of Batman right. But one thing I just love about the Burton movies is that he shaped the world to fit the character, not the other way around. Nolan tried to pigeon hole Batman into our world, and did a good job for the most part, but as such he kind of comes across as a one-man SWAT team with a cosplaying fetish.

In Burton's period world of Gothic buildings and a superstitious public a giant Bat just fits right in. You can even buy that Keaton stepped back, looked at his environment and said, "what would just play on Gotham citizens' already existing fears? This is a damn spooky town filled with giant bats and gargoyles. Pretty much everyone who grew up here has probably been freaked out by those things at one time or another. I'll use that."

That's a lot different than "I fell in a hole and got swarmed by scary rodents! I'll make all of crime share my odd and unique phobia!"

I'm glad that Burton never delved into Keaton's reasons for adopting that particular animal avatar.

Oh movie magic is a fickle thing. If Luke can turn a miraculous trickshot into the Death Star via fledgling force powers, Bats could completely annihilate a stationary Joker in the street with the Batwing but then it wouldn't serve the needs of the story. Killing the Joker with the Batwing would have been utterly anti-climactic and literally overkill. They needed to introduce and take out the Batwing in time for the final battle though with enough flash to show it off.

For the record I love every aspect of the Joker/Batwing showdown. What I *didn't* like is the inference that Batman was a bit of a dope for not coating his plane with invincible car metal. So that scene is really only hindered by the assumptions brought on by what we see the Batmobile capable of handling, which would have been negated had they gone with the original scripted chemical plant demolition sequence.

I want this thing so bad. If I don't wind up owning it in the future, I'm willing to go anywhere in the continental US to be the slave to one of you who do, just so long as I could be in the same room as this car.:lol

To my eyes, when it comes to jaw-dropping factor:

One Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile > The entire HT Avengers line up.

Does anyone know how to change credit card information for a preorder with BBTS?

Go to update credit card, enter new credit card info and thats it.

I wonder how people would have reacted if Batman's targeting didn't miss and he just mowed the Joker down, ending the scene with the Joker sprawled out in the pavement in a bloody pulp?

:exactly::goodpost: The war begins....

I hope nobody gets me wrong there :) I said "to my eyes", but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Case in point is this display from the local dealer that gets HK first stocks, posted yesterday on their Fb.

Go to update credit card, enter new credit card info and thats it.

When I do that it says that will only change my preferred method, not the card info for any preorders. Then when I click on my Batmobile preorder it only lets me change the quantity from one to zero and not the card info.

Back