1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

so when sideshow sends email that they're charging the 16th, is it that day or when it hits midnight and turns into the 17th?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I would TOTALLY buy a 1:6 Batskiboat!

BRbatskiboat.jpg

All jokes aside, I would get it to complement this vehicle. The transformation scene was pretty cool. It reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight where he eject from the tumbler with the Batpod.

Batmissile.gif

To be fair, that scene was cool because it showed it could transform while in motion. The Tumbler could probably transform while in motion too (both front wheels would continue to rotate in the same direction after all) but instead we see it transform from a completely incapacitated vehicle.

Batmissile - 1 / Bat-pod - 0

Unfortunately looking cool while it transforms is about all the Batmissile can do. The sight of Batman whizzing and leapfrogging between traffic while his cape billows behind him on the Bat-pod looks much cooler than the couple of seconds we get of the Batmissile tranformation and squeeze between tight walls.

Batmissile -1 / Bat-pod - 1

And the powerful canons with explosive shells --that can blast away tons of cars or just kill a villian without ripping him in half (depending on the story needs), the twin grapples with reinforced cables that can flip an 18 wheeler, and the physically-impossible-but-neat-anyway sideways rotating front wheel just put the Bat-pod over the top as an awesome visual spectacle.

The only apparent function of the Batmissile is to allow Batman to escape danger in one piece. The function of the Bat-pod is for Batman to keep functioning in the moment without having to retreat and regroup.

It's weird because the 89 Batmobile so soundly beats the Tumbler in aesthetics and number of gadgets, weapons and features. About the only thing the Tumbler can do that the 89 Batmobile can't is jump. But it's completely flipped when it comes to their "spawn".

To be fair, that scene was cool because it showed it could transform while in motion. The Tumbler could probably transform while in motion too (both front wheels would continue to rotate in the same direction after all) but instead we see it transform from a completely incapacitated vehicle.

Unfortunately looking cool while it transforms is about all the Batmissile can do. The sight of Batman whizzing and leapfrogging between traffic while his cape billows behind him on the Bat-pod looks much cooler than the couple of seconds we get of the Batmissile tranformation and squeeze between tight walls.

And the powerful canons with explosive shells --that can blast away tons of cars or just kill a villian without ripping him in half (depending on the story needs), the twin grapples with reinforced cables that can flip an 18 wheeler, and the physically-impossible-but-neat-anyway sideways rotating front wheel just put the Bat-pod over the top as an awesome visual spectacle.

The only apparent function of the Batmissile is to allow Batman to escape danger in one piece. The function of the Bat-pod is for Batman to keep functioning in the moment without having to retreat and regroup.

It's weird because the 89 Batmobile so soundly beats the Tumbler in aesthetics and number of gadgets, weapons and features. About the only thing the Tumbler can do that the 89 Batmobile can't is jump. But it's completely flipped when it comes to their "spawn".
That's why I would get the Batmissle for aesthetic purposes only. It did have no function but I admire it's design and I can imagine how amazing it would look with HT squeezing in all the details on the exterior.

tumblr_mdpwyvIXfi1rnxn7co1_500.gif

both tires spin actually. making it more impossible

Such a Nolan/TDKR fanboy. :rolleyes:

I actually own and love the Batpod too. Go figure. :lol

The Batmissile pod is alright, I like the sequence, I like Batman's reaction, I like the scene in general. I just can't see me buying that vehicle.

'89 Batmobile > Bumbler

Batmissile < Batpod

Batwing > Da Bat Lobster

tumblr_mdpwyvIXfi1rnxn7co1_500.gif

both tires spin actually. making it more impossible

Ah yes forgot about that. I was thinking of the "Now there's a Batman" scene in TDK when he pops out of the alley...if the rear wheel is rotating there too, we definitely can't see it clearly.

But yeah, it is crazy impossible just like the wall rotate (probably related)...and still looks awesome.

I actually own and love the Batpod too. Go figure. :lol

The Batmissile pod is alright, I like the sequence, I like Batman's reaction, I like the scene in general. I just can't see me buying that vehicle.

'89 Batmobile > Bumbler

Batmissile < Batpod

Batwing > Da Bat Lobster

:exactly::lecture Pretty much agree.

Don't get me wrong, the thing is, I love the Tumbler's design and features too for different reasons, but just not as much as the 89 Batmobile.

Just got notification that my final FlexPay ($63) plus shipping ($112 :monkey4 ) will be charged on Monday 7-15-13 ! :yess:

I do hate those spinning wheels on the Batpod. That's the only thing I don't like about it.

So it's actually rolling on the front guns? I never really got how that was supposed to work. :lol

They're rubber guns. It's ultra realistic. Get with the program, Khev.

So it's actually rolling on the front guns? I never really got how that was supposed to work. :lol
It's just a fancy gimmick that shouldn't be possible in any shape or form in the way it does. :lol I remember the first time I saw the scene in the Dark Knight where he does the wall rotate. I laughed out loud because of how silly it was.

Look how close Batman's feet are to the back wheel. How those tires manage to miss his feet and the fact that the guns cannons don't break into the pavement are beyond me.

I remember loving the Batpod up until it did that dumb wall thing after he subdues the Joker. I like how they linger on it (and on his face) like it's a "cool moment" like, "yeah, he did that". :lol

In TDKR it gets even worse.

My beef with the Batmissile is how the Batmobile possibly contains that sort of tech inside of it. We don't see any seams on the canopy, or on the sides. The shape of the vehicle, the windshield, everything just changes with no visible seams or anything. Cool sequence and idea, like the Tumbler/Batpod combo, ridiculous transition.

I can actually accept that part as the gun housing are made from some reinforced stuff that can take a beating of being rolled over repeatedly on the ground.

The physically impossible part is more about the middle of the Bat-pod. The parts that rotate would become jammed up mid rotation when they came in contact with other parts of the bike, like the handlebars. Probably why this cgi effect always happens at a pretty fast speed, and the lighting usually isn't that clear. We're not supposed to get a good look at how it could work...because it couldn't.

The cannons on both sides of the pod's wheels should also get scratches and should have produced sparks on the pavement as the wheel rotates.

Back