1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

To my eyes, when it comes to jaw-dropping factor:

One Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile > The entire HT Avengers line up.

Someone needs to have The Hulk kneeling, saddened, as Cap and Hawkeye get clotheslined by the shin breakers, Thor and Widow get mowed down by the Brownings, and Iron Man flies away.
I wonder how people would have reacted if Batman's targeting didn't miss and he just mowed the Joker down, ending the scene with the Joker sprawled out in the pavement in a bloody pulp?

It wouldn't have been that different from the actual ending. Same end, different means.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Um Why don't they change the title to MMS170 Hot Toys ? The title to this thread

Because it is the MMS 170, I believe.

Who cares what the MMS number is, let alone why it isn't it in the thread title?

It's THE BATMOBILE.

1011924_546339955427999_938563732_n.jpg

Right there for you.

So it DOES come with box art? The one I saw just looked like a brown cardboard box.

It's a box (black art box) within a box (Hot Toys mailer brown shipper).

So it DOES come with box art? The one I saw just looked like a brown cardboard box.

Hopefully it was a brown shipper. Also need to see if BBTS is actually packing this out.

Who cares what the MMS number is, let alone why it isn't it in the thread title?

It's THE BATMOBILE.
Ropen does. :dance But yes who cares about the number!

Yikes I realized to those ordering from SSC the total cost will be $730+

I don't think there's been a Hot Toys release figure or vehicle that hasn't came with it's own box with it's picture on it.

Also William posted this on FB saying that he advised not to put the cape inside the Batmobile and has after 5 minutes of it properly being inserted it came out as such:

Nothing a little ironing won't do but I imagine it's easier to just not deal with the mess all together.

36594_489312901152950_1551632196_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hopefully it was a brown shipper. Also need to see if BBTS is actually packing this out.

It's a box (black art box) within a box (Hot Toys mailer brown shipper).

Yup, the art box is protected by a brown shipper, just like the tumbler.

Now that this thing is upon us, how long do you guys think it will be before Hot Toys' announces the original "Bat-Pod"?

batmissile.jpg

And how many of you Keaton completists would get it?

I would admire pictures of the Batmissile, especially if HT makes it on par with the quality of the Batmobile, but post the car's split there really isn't any thing about it's look or features that interests me. It doesn't even have any lights or weapons. While I prefer the 89 styling to the Tumbler, I think the Nolan Bat-Pod is a much cooler execution of the one-seat-emergency-escape-unit feature of the Batmobile on film.

Batskiboat is an instant pass too. Besides the 89 Batmobile, the only other Burton-era vehicle I would even consider is the Batwing.

Now that this thing is upon us, how long do you guys think it will be before Hot Toys' announces the original "Bat-Pod"?

batmissile.jpg

I would admire pictures of the Batmissile, especially if HT makes it on par with the quality of the Batmobile, but post the car's split there really isn't any thing about it's look or features that interests me. It doesn't even have any lights or weapons. While I prefer the 89 styling to the Tumbler, I think the Nolan Bat-Pod is a much cooler execution of the one-seat-emergency-escape-unit feature of the Batmobile on film.

Batskiboat is an instant pass too. Besides the 89 Batmobile, the only other Burton-era vehicle I would even consider is the Batwing.
It's looks more like something my wife would get. :lol:lol

batmissile.jpg

That always looked bad ***, I like it more than the Bat Pod.

But yeah, Wing is a must before this.

Not mine. :monkey3

But yeah, I dig the Batmissile and would probably pick one up.
All jokes aside, I would get it to complement this vehicle. The transformation scene was pretty cool. It reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight where he eject from the tumbler with the Batpod.

Batmissile.gif

Bat Wing gotta be next...........

I've rather have the giant duck boat.

I would not buy the Batmissile pod.

Back