1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd sell mine at cost ($260) plus shipping.....BUT!! Seeing as how I live in Japan, I doubt that would work out well for anyone!!

I'll tell you what, I'll help you out. You're in a real pickle. You don't want it, but you can't sell it because of shipping. How about this? I'll buy the small parts for $160 shipped,

Batmobile parts.jpg

The canopy, the little do-dads, etc. You pack em up all nice and send them to me for the price (even though $160 is a bit much for that stuff). Hell, keep the rotating cylinder, knock off a few bucks and we got a deal.

That'll leave you with $100 and an incomplete Batmobile in hand . . . not bad. For $100 I'd say a 1/6 Batmobile that you "rented" then got to destroy with a hammer or something would be well worth it.

I'll consider it DiFabio!!

Still...the idea of smashing the gutted hull of the car....so sad. It's not like I HATE the thing!! It's a work of art!! It's simply too large...

Anyway....an interesting offer...

The only vehicle I have is Ghost Rider's bike, which is awesome, but the thing takes up more than half a shelf by itself. And the 1989 Batmobile looks like an aircraft carrier in comparison to Ghost Rider's bike. There are just some collectibles I can't buy due to space considerations, and I'm cool with that. Anything that limits my collecting radius is a good thing.

I also think certain collectibles don't look so great at a larger scale. Or rather, they may look great, but as decorative items in my apartment, their size will not feel appropriate. I like superhero characters in 1/6 scale or lower. Having a 1/4 scale Batman, or whoever, in my apartment, would leave too large of a footprint and could end up looking tacky.

I'm with you with the 1/4. It's just too much. I hoped one day that I would have a house and be able to find a place for my batmobile. So I bought it but now I have it in my dad's storage

I agree, if you cant fit it, don't buy it, I think a lot of people forget that buying a piece like this is going to be really really difficult to re-sell because of its sheer size and that fact that most people just don't have the room. I myself knew that coming in so im fine but I can see where other people who live in apartments are coming from.

I agree, if you cant fit it, don't buy it, I think a lot of people forget that buying a piece like this is going to be really really difficult to re-sell because of its sheer size and that fact that most people just don't have the room. I myself knew that coming in so im fine but I can see where other people who live in apartments are coming from.

I just looked at the specs on the Batmobile from BBTS. 39" long, 16 " wide, 9" high. Yikes. It's actually bigger than I thought and I already thought it was huge.

If I ever want a Batmobile I'll buy a 1/12 or even a 1/18 version, and display it away from my action figures, on its own shelf with other vehicles where it doesn't have to worry about a giant Michael Keaton looming out of scale above it.

I just looked at the specs on the Batmobile from BBTS. 39" long, 16 " wide, 9" high. Yikes. It's actually bigger than I thought and I already thought it was huge.

If I ever want a Batmobile I'll buy a 1/12 or even a 1/18 version, and display it away from my action figures, on its own shelf with other vehicles where it doesn't have to worry about a giant Michael Keaton looming out of scale above it.

Good, you actually took the time to look at the specs and realized that even if you wanted to you couldn't fit it, now if more people actually did that and were realistic about what they can actually fit in there collection I don't think there would be as much buyers remorse. Well at least IMO.

I made room for mine initially. Used the box as the display base but covered it in black cloth. But I'm moving my stuff out of that room to another (baby is taking that room) and I just don't have a good way to display it now. Don't have that amount of room where my Detolfs are going. We have zero storage room until we move so it's not like I could have boxed it up and put it in a closet or storage space. This helped with the decision. It still wasn't all that easy but you gotta do what you gotta do. Who knows, if they do 2.0/returns and it looks better after we've moved then I'd consider getting one again as long as I had a great area to display it.

Well bat your situation is a bit different, you now have a kid and that changes a lot of things, I don't see myself buying as much SS and HT's once Im married and have a kid either, things in life change what you can and cant do but guys that have these little apartments and really had no chance of ever putting this bad boy in a proper place should of been a bit more realistic. If you don't have the space to make it work and look right then whats the point of having it? eventually your gonna want to sell it cuz you got no space for it. Oh well lesson learned I guess, everyone has in some point of there collecting bought something and then later had buyers remorse.

Well bat your situation is a bit different, you now have a kid and that changes a lot of things, I don't see myself buying as much SS and HT's once Im married and have a kid either, things in life change what you can and cant do but guys that have these little apartments and really had no chance of ever putting this bad boy in a proper place should of been a bit more realistic. If you don't have the space to make it work and look right then whats the point of having it? eventually your gonna want to sell it cuz you got no space for it. Oh well lesson learned I guess, everyone has in some point of there collecting bought something and then later had buyers remorse.

Yeah, due to space considerations I generally only buy 1/6 scale figures or lower, and no vehicles. The only exception is a 1/4 scale Sideshow Buffy PF statue that I have standing on top of my computer tower. I suppose I could fit the Batmobile on my coffee table. But it would look...like a giant Batmobile on my coffee table.

It's not really Hot Toys fault that the 89 BM is so boring inside because that is what the actual car looks like inside. Couple black seats, steering wheel, dashboard and some gear sticks.
That movie prop just goes to show how much more Hot Toys could have done with the interior of the 1:6 Batmobile. They did pretty good on the dash dials, but there's much more going on with the gears, seats, leather texturing etc that could have made it really special.

That movie prop just goes to show how much more Hot Toys could have done with the interior of the 1:6 Batmobile. They did pretty good on the dash dials, but there's much more going on with the gears, seats, leather texturing etc that could have made it really special.

Yeah it's a pity that the seats not seems leather much more but to be honest, the dashboard is one of the best parts of this batmobile and it is one of the points that
Activate the purchase.

My only beef with the interior is I don't think they included the light Batman shines on Vickys face to keep her from seeing him on the way to the batcave. At least I don't think they did. Truth be told I display it with the canopy closed so anything Hot Toys did with the interior is a bonus that I will only see a few times anyways

Is the british pound really that powerful where I could get 30,000 pounds and buy the interior? The things I would do to own this.

Back