Bank robber Joker diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys. i dunno why i'm not keen on the streetlight, could be the trauma of making it.

started making another base but not sure on this one and think it looks pretty lame. it's from the scene where the joker is standing in the street firing at the batpod coming towards him. my joker figure isn't the right one obviously.
i just think it's pretty boring looking. i remember checking the scene on the film and there was maybe broken glass around him.
anyone got any (sensible) ideas to make it look better? it's a night scene so was going to leave the road looking dark.

roadtest1.jpg

roadtest2.jpg

kj, you get too down on your projects. IT LOOKS AMAZING. :D

Also, did you make those bullet shells or what? :naughty

thanks.

i'm a perfectionist and have high standards, but yes, i'm too hard on myself sometimes.

those shell were from my hot toys T-600 concept version figure. had nothing else and didn't fancy making any although i would try if i had to.

got some free time coming up and was looking to get back into some bases, new and old, so if anyone is interested in one of the street corner bases i'm looking to make a few. it would be same as the one i finished but instead of it being 25x25cm it would be 30x30cm as i think it could do with being a little bit bigger. i wouldn't be doing a lamp post either, only the base.
i've started a thread in the custom section if anyone wants one or you can post here if that's allowed.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70196

i spent as long doing the streetlight i think as i did on the base and not in much of a rush to put myself through that again. plus i think it was a total fluke it worked out ok on my first try.

started on a new base, you can kind of see v1 in the background and tell it's a bit bigger. dont think i'll change too much about it apart from upping the scale and size. hopefully it'll go quicker too.
streetbasenewtest.jpg

also a while back i did some steps, for no reason at all other than boredom, should have done them bigger and i've no idea what i'm doing with them. they aren't finished either obviously and dont really go with the joker especially but i was just trying them out for scale and to see how they looked,
jokersteps2.jpg

jokersteps.jpg

version 2 of the street corner. finishing it up for someone. sure i'll have missed something though. base is slightly bigger, same lamp post as i still dont have the will to make another one yet. color scheme on the corner is more gritty and realistic, i hope, certainly more muted. fewer bits of crap floating about and a gotham paper throw in there too. overall i prefer it to the first version. i'm sure if i was to do it again i'd maybe refine it a bit more.
cornerv2joker.jpg

although it was originally based off the angle in the previous shot i think i prefer this one. not sure how i'd display it though,
cornerv2joker1.jpg

i may be getting worse at taking photos so please excuse them.

i like the shot of him from the back but yeah, front would be best i imagine, i prefer the above photo of him from the front.

i'm about to start another version, pretty much the same unless i feel brave. if anyone is interested it would be $50 or the equivilant of, without the street lamp, that would be extra.

I would buy one, but I've vowed to make a list, and after everything on my list has purchased, i won't buy anything for a long time. this isn't on my list. :(

What if something incredible comes up which is better than some of the things on your list?

Oh well. You gotta know where to draw the line and lay off for a while. Being a teen and not working....it's not like I always have money coming into my pocket like some people here

you could have rewritten a new list with this on in the last half hour. get it sorted!

kj, does this mean you would be willing to make another with the lamp post? The post really makes it or breaks it for me.

Cheers!

i would yeah, only reason i'm saying i'd rather not as it was a lot of hard work and knowing the luck of it i'm sure something would go wrong. i've done a few bases now though and they're fine.
it would be more than the $50 though, i'd say $70 and whatever postage was, i'm in the UK so depending on how it was posted could be another $25 maybe.

if anyone is interested just ask questions on here or PM me.

some pics here of the street corner base i did for someone, awesome pics, ways better than i could have took,
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60994&page=47

also, finished v2 of the street base, i'm pretty much happy with it now and think i'm done with it. it's smaller, got no manhole cover from it, on a wood base (7x7 inch) with a green baiae and has a glossy varnish finish which i think makes it look a bit better. i can of course do any size if anyone wants one. a few pages back i did a smaller version still which i like too and it pretty much the same as this one.
streetbasev2.jpg

streetbasev2withfigure.jpg

streetbasev2closeup.jpg

Back