Bank robber Joker diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first chance i've had to do anything on this in a while and in the cold harsh light of day i'm not overly impressed. this is only the base coat, it's too glossy too. i'll see if i can do anything to it.
basefirstpaint.jpg

in typical fashion i got bored and carried away.
think i may actually be done, but as i'm typing this i forgot something which i'll add in another post. anyways, i think i'm done with the painting, my photos are sucky and it's night here so not the best quality.
basedone.jpg

with streetlight added,
basedone1.jpg

close up,
basedone3.jpg

i've way too much time on my hands obviously so here are the few little things i wanted to add. there's some other stuff in the drain you cant really see from this angle,
basedone6.jpg

Thats immense! Just a pity it's not a bit more wide so the figure doesn't look as if it's standing so far too the right.

Bird poop? looks like torn paper/litter from getting wet from rain the night before or something.

Last edited:
thanks guys.

wasn't aiming for bird poop but if it looks like it............
i was thinking just general rubbish on the street, gum, paper and whatever.

vodoun, i know what you mean about the figure placement. this was actually my second version, originally the base was smaller still. it would look less cramped if it was bigger but didn't really want to. i'd maybe do it again if i was though.

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. :bow That's a dio to be proud of for sure.

I liked the slightly cleaner look of the corner in your earlier pics rather than the messier version but that's just me. Either way it's a fantastic dio. :rock

I think it's fine if it's bird poop, there's just quite a bit of it. also the cigs are great, but as someone else said, a little bit too many of them. Other than that it is a GREAT setup! :D

Nicely done!

I actually thin it looks better from the front...

and the birdpoo...have you guys been to Chicago? (Gotham)

pigeons everywhere! haha

M.

thanks guys.
i prefer it from the front too oddly enough. took up some of the cigarette ends and "bird poop" so it's less cluttered. i think i prefer it without the streetlight too.

thanks guys.
i prefer it from the front too oddly enough. took up some of the cigarette ends and "bird poop" so it's less cluttered. i think i prefer it without the streetlight too.

please, I love the streetlight. :monkey2

Great job on this!! My buddy works downtown and has a bunch of pics from differerent scenes from the movie

thanks guys. i dunno why i'm not keen on the streetlight, could be the trauma of making it.

started making another base but not sure on this one and think it looks pretty lame. it's from the scene where the joker is standing in the street firing at the batpod coming towards him. my joker figure isn't the right one obviously.
i just think it's pretty boring looking. i remember checking the scene on the film and there was maybe broken glass around him.
anyone got any (sensible) ideas to make it look better? it's a night scene so was going to leave the road looking dark.

roadtest1.jpg

roadtest2.jpg

Back