Bank robber Joker diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think you could make the first one or two buildings, the others could be a painted or computer made backdrop...but yeah this is gonna take you a while to do.

Superb job on the streetlight. As for the clay, I have no experience with clay, but if it's harden, then indeed your can prime it and paint it. I think the manhole can still work. Just add/glue a bottom layer to it and then spay paint the whole thing together so it looks as a 1-piece item. This way you can even make the manhole removable in your dio if you want:D.
Just holla if you need anything else:cool:

thanks, yeah, that's what i was thinking, just not too confident it'll look any good. i'll give it a try.
lamp post has just been primed and drying now, i'll give it a spray of black later on.

yeah..this is going to be awesome. can't wait to see it. you can show it from the front, and blow everyones mind.

hah, glad you have more confidence in me that i do.

i think you could make the first one or two buildings, the others could be a painted or computer made backdrop...but yeah this is gonna take you a while to do.

the nearest buildings are way over the other side of the road and in the movie you cant see anything either side of him as the frame is tightly cropped.
i was wanting more of a simple base, the streetlight is going to be the only thing above street level. i'm sure someone could photoshop up somerthing interesting using it though.

thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the kind words.
no progress on the pavement/road today so painted the streetlight, made a storm drain, although i've no idea where if anywhere i'll put it and some general crap to be scattered on the ground. hope it's clear, my photos aren't the best.
lamppostpainted.jpg

stuff.jpg

cigarettes.jpg

nice work mate, that street light looks great, cant wait 2 c it finished. Dont know if this has been said, but has the street light gonna have a real light in it? Guess it wont matter as its ment 2 be day, but it would be cool

i hope more than anything the street light doesn't end up with an working light in. it doesn't even have a top at the moment. since i was going from the movie still it's in the foreground so i didn't see the need to make a top for it. plus it's in broad daylight so a light would be redundant i think.

i spent WAY too long doing those cigarettes and not even sure i have enough.

first update since last week as waiting on supplies.
got the stuff i wanted for the pavement, foam board i think it's called. never used it before, should be interesting.
foambaseraw.jpg

got it shaped how i think i want it, deeper than ideal so going to have to build up around it,
basecutting.jpg

fresh layer of clay on it, i'll wait till i starts drying out to add details to it. added a drain where i'm fairly sure there wouldn't be one but thought it would add some detail to the diorama.
baseclay.jpg

got bored when waiting for the foam so started something else, just a rough first go, not sure i'll take it further or how it will look,
other.jpg

Thats looking great, I'm getting tempted to try something like this!!

Really cool.

thanks guys.

bit more done on it. added some detail and texture to the pavement. i think i'm happy enough with it to paint it when once it's dry. i quite like it looking rough and worn.
the black material i'm using for the road wont stay the color it is. i'll spray it gray i think. it needs road markings too.
i cut out where the drain and manhole are going.

my main worry is the step down from the pavement to the road may be too high. the foam board i use is pretty thick so i could build up the road which i tried but it's easier to lay it down flat without that.

basedetailclayroad.jpg

thanks guys, appreciate the supportive words.

here's another pic with the drain and manhole fitting in properly although not painted.
the joker and streetlight are there to give a sense of scale. i'm a bit worried it all looks a bit small and cramped. maybe without the streetlight it could look better, even though it was about a day and a half out my life making it..............
any thoughts, suggestions or whatever practical would be appreciated if anyone had any.
crap photo again!
basetestclay-1.jpg

Back