Bank robber Joker diorama base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with into the void,streetlamp is awesome.Is there any way you could expand the base at all?

I agree with both points - the street lamp looks awesome, but it does look very cramped.

Maybe you could extend the sidewalk and make it longer (depth-wise)? Then you could place the Joker and the street lamp farther apart....

ok, thanks guys, appreciate the comments. the pavement is made of clay over a foam base, the road is just cardboard with a textured overlay thing on it. it would be easier to expand the road rather than the pavement. i just didn't want to make it too big but i am aware it could be cramped as it is. it's currently 25cmx25cm so not exactly small.
i'll have a mess around and see what i can maybe do.

Also don't forget to add in front of the joker a cardboard with a picture of the city resembling the scene (although it will be a ^^^^^ to find something simillar).

Something like this :)

Last edited:
you could go to that street in chicago and take a high res photo. I'm sure someones done it on some dark knight forum.

hah, well, i'm not sure what i'll do in regards to the background. need to see how it turns out first.
i think i'm going to leave it at the size it is now and if i do another i'll maybe make it a bit bigger. i've learnt a fair bit from doing this one so far so it would go quicker at least.

didn't even realise it was a street in chicago. i have been using the bluray for reference.

you could go to that street in chicago and take a high res photo. I'm sure someones done it on some dark knight forum.

ro926 lives in Chicago - maybe he could help out...although who knows how much that intersection has changed since they shot there...

I've always saved this link in hopes of going to Chicago and doing a TDK tour: https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-dark-knight-location-map,0,3631449.mapmashup

It doesn't mention the corner he stands on specifically, but it may help find it.

I was working around the corner from where they did the whole bank robbery scene in the old Post office here. I was lucky enough to see so many great moments of the film being shot. I was there the night they flipped the truck the Joker is driving during the chase sequence. Now, that was a thing of beauty...and LOUD!! Heath would come out of his trailer and skateboard through the streets on his way to the set in full Joker gear...too bad I never had a camera. :banghead

Sorry...getting back on track. This dio is coming out great, KJ. I'll try to find out what street that is from the opening scene.

I was working around the corner from where they did the whole bank robbery scene in the old Post office here. I was lucky enough to see so many great moments of the film being shot. I was there the night they flipped the truck the Joker is driving during the chase sequence. Now, that was a thing of beauty...and LOUD!! Heath would come out of his trailer and skateboard through the streets on his way to the set in full Joker gear...too bad I never had a camera. :banghead

I. Hate. You. :monkey2

If you need pics from Chicago, let me know. That place is fairly close to downtown - and since the El is in the background, it wouldn't take too long to figure out where in the Loop it is.

Heath would come out of his trailer and skateboard through the streets on his way to the set in full Joker gear...too bad I never had a camera. :banghead

Never saw him skateboarding, but I did see him relaxing in the trailer bed of the Joker truck while they were turning it around in preparation for a shot. Wasn't expecting to see him, especially in his full outfit, it blew my mind. Only lasted for about ten seconds, though, so I didn't get a pic either.

About the picture of the real steet corner i advise you to use Google Street View, it'd be alot easier to drive to Chicago i'd say ;)

Thats a really cool idea...another one for the list of things i *might* try... :)

Is this still coming along? I was looking forward to seeing it finished but no word for a while, it wasnt abandoned was it?

hey, only abandoned for the meanwhile due to work and lack of materials. what i've done is still sitting there waiting for me to get back to it. i keep meaning to do something but not had the chance lately. will do soon hopefully!

Back