Bandai Saint Seiya Myth Cloth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my that is beautiful the SOul of Gold is that from a video game or something I don't recall seeing it before, but I do hope they continue with the posiden generals and then the asguard line

SOG It's a new brand anime series.

And videogame :wink1:

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Souls

Does anybody know when (if) this year, bandai will release the following cloths?
Sagitta Tramy, Pisces Aphrodite (Surplice) EX, Balron Rume.
I am watching soul of gold, and I liked that a little. But last weekend I watched all the Hades episodes on Netflix and Michi Himeno and Shingo Araki ( in memorian ;( ) style are the best. Nobody will be able to design Saint Seiya characters like they did.
Any of you guys are watching this soul of gold?

Nice to meet you all. :D

So this may be dumb, but is it safe to say the Crown cloth series is definitely dead?

These new armors are really nice looking but there's no way these figures can stand without a base lol.

I remember when I used to collect the basic myth cloth... nightmare

Hi - does anyone know where I can pre-order the Soul of Gold Myth Cloth EX figures? The pre-orders are all sold out on BBTS! Does anyone know a reputable seller who sells these? Thanks!

Happy to know more people collect these figures! I just got two more Aquarius and Taurus. So I'll prob display the figure and constellation in the future. That is the one thing about these figures, the object is too important not to get a 2nd.

A little disappointed that Sorento Siren got the 'tamashi web exclusive' treatment..... Would anyone know why Bandai would do that? surprises me because this guy is a main in the poseidon arch.

Happy to know more people collect these figures! I just got two more Aquarius and Taurus. So I'll prob display the figure and constellation in the future. That is the one thing about these figures, the object is too important not to get a 2nd.

A little disappointed that Sorento Siren got the 'tamashi web exclusive' treatment..... Would anyone know why Bandai would do that? surprises me because this guy is a main in the poseidon arch.

Wow - you seriously get two of each!!! That is insane! I get one of each and they take enough space as is. With the original 12 gold saints and the new soul of gold saints coming up these guys will take a lot of space. Good for you displaying all that though. Must look epic.

Does anyone here have a Hypnos figure? I'm wondering how good of a figure he is. I've been thinking about buying one, but before shelling out the money for him I'd like to know if he is worth buying. I've also been thinking about getting Thanatos to go with him, but I'm unsure about him.

Also, what are some of the best figures by Bandai? I don't have any but I'd like to buy some and start collecting them. I ordered a KO Saga Legend of Sanctuary version figure. I wanted the real one but I wasn't willing to pay $200 for it.

Hey everybody! The soul of gold figures are my first entry in the cloth myth figure line and I am in love with them! Just put Aries together last night and wow! Combined with the new display stands they are epic!

I just got my first Saint Seiya figure in the mail today. Hypnos is pretty cool in person. He looks better than in the 2 cellphone pics I took. I like this figure and I had fun putting everything together for both modes. The details are pretty nice and the paint apps are perfect. There's none of that paint slop like you find on American released figures. Of course that can be said for pretty much any Japanese figure I've ever bought. He has a nice amount of heft to him thanks to the diecast parts. One complaint I have is putting the feet and hands on after putting all of the armor on is kind of tricky. I say that because the arms or legs won't stay straight easily while trying to pop the hands and feet in place. I think the joints on this figure could be a bit tighter, but otherwise it is pretty good. This isn't really a figure you can play with once all of the armor is in place because it hinders the movement. The legs are the worst part because the skirt blocks them from being moved much at all. I also wish the "tails" on the back were tighter. Some of them stay in place just fine, while a couple of the others tend to fall out of the pose I put them in, and it is hard to get them to stay in place. Also, I do hope the figure stands I ordered arrive sooner rather than later because I don't want the figure to fall over. He seems sturdy, but I'd hate for him to fall over and parts go flying everywhere. That happened once already while I was putting the figure together.

I have several more Saint Seiya figures on the way. Pharaoh, Hades, Thanatos, and Saga are the ones I've bought besides Hypnos. I've made a list of others I want and told my wife I'd take any of them for Christmas. So maybe she'll pick one or two out to buy me.

hypnos01.jpg

hypnos02.jpg

So is Bandai going to make all 12 god gold clothes from Soul of Gold? I've never seen that series so not even sure if all 12 even get god gold armor. I'm trying to decide if I should get into the old version ex gold or this new god gold armor. Also, with the ex line, do they tower over the older figures from Hades and poseidon arc?

So is Bandai going to make all 12 god gold clothes from Soul of Gold? I've never seen that series so not even sure if all 12 even get god gold armor. I'm trying to decide if I should get into the old version ex gold or this new god gold armor. Also, with the ex line, do they tower over the older figures from Hades and poseidon arc?

They are releasing all twelve God Cloth Gold Saints, the 12 were all previewed at the latest Tamashii Nations a couple days ago. They also previewed the big villain in armor (no spoiler) and they also have Odin Robe Aiolia on pre-order for a 2016 release.

I have all the Gold Saints EX and they are slightly taller (little over a centimeter maybe) than the older figures, but I would definitely not say they're towering above the rest. I have the EX in a display and older classic MC figures in other displays and you cannot even tell the difference of height from one display to the next. I wouldn't worry about that.

Ok thanks Runnen! I'm going to collect the god gold armor then. And the Hades armor...and the Poseidon armor...and the bronze armor. So pretty much the entire line haha

Ok thanks Runnen! I'm going to collect the god gold armor then. And the Hades armor...and the Poseidon armor...and the bronze armor. So pretty much the entire line haha

It'll cost ya. I started collecting Myth Cloth back in 2003 and I have every single one (except the Steel Saints because I despise those characters, and the Surplice Silver Saints because they were terrible recolors of not so great armors to begin with). I can only begin to imagine the prices for some of those on the aftermarket, considering how much it ended up costing me to get all this at retail price over the years.

There's my collection.

OGuMdeV.jpg
dZ7O0Cn.jpg
OyhNgSx.jpg

ePFfhOu.jpg

ygK0VET.jpg

7SIFhDX.jpg

h55fGQi.jpg

sE0fIVw.jpg

CoI9fhQ.jpg

22jzg4l.jpg

VXislmE.jpg

LuzblJa.jpg

Ebfzm12.jpg

TnxdkSq.jpg

rEeJ879.jpg

ELJrQkR.jpg

PjtVTwc.jpg

q6UsWxX.jpg

FxYbVmz.jpg

siTEyug.jpg

SZaQbgQ.jpg

c8Kttg0.jpg

uXrggtm.jpg

IFLmNqY.jpg

I didn't take pictures of my latest arrivals, God Cloth Leo Ailioa and God Cloth Aries Mu, as well as a polystone Basilisk Sylphide.

Wow, that's an awesome collection Runnen. Nice display as well.

I only have Pharaoh, Thanatos, Hypnos, and Knock Off Saga Legend of Sanctuary edition.

Holy crap! Runnen, that is one sick collection! So badass! You have some custom ones in there? There's a few you have that I've never seen before.

Last edited:
Holy crap! Runnen, that is one sick collection! So badass! You have some custom ones in there? There's a few you have that I've never seen before.

Yeah, I been collecting those since 2003 and I have almost everything (I purposely skipped the Steel Saints because I never liked those characters, and a couple Surplice Silver Saints I didn't like much either), but since the pace of releases slowed down dramatically these last couple years, I started to branch out on some unlicensed products, mostly polystone Silver Saints and Spectres. I also got some customized clothes for some characters, and still awaiting some more (tailoring is a slow process I'm told!). I beat around the bush for a while before jumping into the Soul of Gold series, but now I've gotten the first 2 I'm down for the full line up, including potential new God Warriors.

I went on a tear during my vacation in Hong Kong and bought the soul of gold Virgo, Leo, Aries, the EX 5 bronze, Ex Hades Wyvern, Ex Sea Dragon, hades butterfly, and hades Thantos. Found these for good prices so this is the start of my collection.

Wow - that is a great collection!! I have all the gold saints. I have been debating getting the soul of gold saints. What is your review of those?? Are they nice? Worth the money?

By the way, what are the shelves that you use to display your collection?

Cheers!

Wow - that is a great collection!! I have all the gold saints. I have been debating getting the soul of gold saints. What is your review of those?? Are they nice? Worth the money?

By the way, what are the shelves that you use to display your collection?

Cheers!

Shelves are IKEA Liatorp, not sure if they're available worldwide, I live in France.

The Soul of Gold figures are beautifully crafted and look really impressive, but in my humble opinion it comes down to how much you'll enjoy this new anime. Personnally, I'm a huge fan since early childhood of the classic Saint Seiya anime (it was already huge in France back in the end of the 80's) so the Sanctuary/Asgard/Poseidon chapters are what resonates the most to me and why I have the most figures of those chapters. Hades is a classic too because it was always part of the manga but it's less nostalgic to me, but I still got a lot in it. Soul of Gold on the other hand is a totally new thing, is a mini series (13 episodes only) and it has a lot less nostalgic impact, while at the same time having the most expensive figures ever released (some of those God Cloth Gold Saints are reaching propesterous prices).. Personnally, I was on the fence for a long time, then I recently gave in and got Leo and Aries, and now I'm in for the whole line, because while they're new designs and don't give me that good nostalgic vibe, they're still the old characters I love (Gold Saints) and it takes place in Asgard (with some familiar faces), and my wife and I both liked the mini series well enough..

My advice though, don't pay the crazy prices for some of the SoG figures on eBay right now, just look for restocks on japanese sites every now and then to get them fairly close to retail price. Don't feed the scalpers.

Back