Bandai Saint Seiya Myth Cloth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about Thanatos and Hypnos and Hades as a bad guy display. Are those nice figures? Cheers.

They look great and are really imposing as far as armors go, but they don't bring in the same nostalgia level as the classic characters of the old animé series. That said, I have them in both character and armor forms and I am very happy with them. Beware though, a bunch of Hypnos faces tend to have a cross-eyed look with the golden irises. Some more noticeable than others.

All of the Hades characters are great and they look good together. I even got the EX Gemini, Deathmask, and Capricorn surplice. Waiting on Pisces and Aquarius EX surplice. I actually don't like the Asgard guys cause they never appeared in the manga.

Anyone know any sites with reviews of the bootlegs brands? Thinking about whether or not great toys/MC is worth getting

Anyone know any sites with reviews of the bootlegs brands? Thinking about whether or not great toys/MC is worth getting

I don't know any particular websites for the reviews, but I own quite a few custom polystone statues released by various manufacturers (mostly Folei) in recent years, many Silver Saints and Spectres that were never / will never be released and the quality is usually very good, though they've gotten a bit pricy lately.

As for actual bootlegs of existing figures, the only one I own is Soul of Gold Leo Aiolia, and the quality is top notch. It's virtually identical to the official figure, but also includes an effects part (Lightning) and an extra face (with Ymirjar mark, like the anime series). I was very happy with my purchase and it ended up costing about 60% of the official figure's price.

I'm getting the rest of them in official releases though because the bootlegs are not coming for a good long while it seems, and I only went for Aiolia because I missed the boat on them at first (took too long to decide wether to jump in for this extra line or not)..

Hope that helps!

Thats was definitely helpful! Thank you!

As far as looks go, yeah i think they look on par with the official releases for sure. Unfortunately all the youtube reviews/comparisons are in spanish, so i cant really get a good idea of any qc issues. All i really get is that the shades of gold are different here and there. Anyways, thanks again for your reply, ill be sure to grab one now that i feel abit more reassured

image.jpg
I know SOG isn't the most popular line but I really love these releases, cancer deathmask is a winner in my opinion

Does anyone know where to get those name stickers for the myth cloth stands for Harpy, Charon, Papilion, and the Poseidon guys? I bought a few myth cloth stands but the sticker set did not come with these characters.

Same here, where do people get those name stickers?

Most of the recent stickers are custom made because Bandai didn't really follow up on the stickers inside boxes (previously they were available in the premium figure boxes, like the Pope had all the stickers for the Gold Saints inside his box).

There are a few collectors forums out there where you can find printing patterns for the name stickers.

I don't own any figures but wanted some info on best place to get older figures. I wanna start off with Myth Cloth EX Pegasus Seiya v2. What is the average selling price on this one? I really like the set that includes the broken cloth.

And is there any KO of this figure? I found a HK seller but don't want to end up finding out that it's a KO.

Just check ebay or amazon. Sometimes you can find some good deals. Yeah, there's a ton of knockoffs. Companies called Galactic Nebula, CS Model, Metal Club, and others are all bootlegs. Just check for the official Bandai label in the lower right corner of the box and look for the official Toei sticker.

Back