Bandai Saint Seiya Myth Cloth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really doubt they are gonna do all the characters from the Legend of Sanctuary movie, probably do a few popular ones after Gemini and stop there. Kinda like LoC, Omega and the Crown line.

For the EX line, they will likely do the other gold saints in surplice (Capricorn surplice has already been confirmed) and the other 2 judges of hell. By the looks of it, they are going to continue to do more Hades chapter characters for the EX line.

I hope we at least get Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Ikki and Shun. Sagittarius Seiya would be cool too.

i have a question, how big a difference are the ex models from the regular ones? its late in the game to start collecting at a fair price, but i can get the 12 regular gold sainst for 900 dollars or so new with some busts, while some of the ex versions go for 200-400 a piece......
are the regular ones worth collecting, or too outdated at this point?
thanks

are the regular ones worth collecting, or too outdated at this point?
thanks

Yes, the regular Gold Saints are outdated in almost every aspect (design, body, head, material, paint, accessory...). Aside from being a completionist or for the nostalgic value, I don't see any apparent reason to keep collecting the regular Gold Saints.

But if you look beyond the Gold Saints, the regular Cloth Myth line is still alive and well. The newer products adopted better body and are well made, they don't look too inferior when standing next to the EX figures, and most importantly some of them may never get a EX release, so definitely keep your eyes (and wallet) open for the new regular release.

Back to the EX figures, unfortunately you are a bit late to the game (for the Gold Saints), some of the earlier releases will be difficult to find, especially that famed Gemini (both the Saga and Kanon version). But the hope is not all lost. There have been several re-release on popular EX figures (Sagittarius, Aries, Libra in recent memory). When that happens, you can get the figure at a very reasonable price. The key for collecting EX figure is to put in your pre-order FAST & EARLY.

If you really don't want to pay the premium to get the EX figure, one last alternative is to get those replica kits produced by some Chinese companies, when put together, they look actually pretty good (from two feet away, that is). They are extremely affordable and close to the EX figure in terms of design.

I suggest everyone whos looking for Gemini to wait. I asked a Tamashii rep a while ago and they told me that they will eventually come to Gemini again to rerelease him. So anyone who missed out one, or any other character, to just be patient since it'll be rerelased sooner or later.

I hope that is the case, been wanting the gold cloth Gemini for ages, I just can't convince myself to pay the current after market price for something that was only around 7000 yen :impatient:

thanks guys, i took the plunge, i started buying them, i will have all of them sans geminis, andromeda and hyoga in about a week, already have shura and cancer in my hands and i fell in love.
they are really nice, and saint seiya is insanely popular in my country, the upcoming movie will make many of these impossible to find, so way i figure the 2 grand i spent is not entirely lost, and only paid premium on leo, escorpion and virgo.

another question, how likely is this line to continue? are there chances to see the v1 bronze saints, plain cloths and major characters like poseidon? or in its defect are the v1 armors comparable in quality and size to the ex versions? talking abot bronze and not gold
thanks again for your help

Just mind you the EX line has plastic quality paint issues, try not to overplay with Virgo to say the least, the paint melted on my plastic areas.

So far the rumor mill is Hades Judges and that's it, first it was the Bronze V2, then Gold Saints, but they expanded to Wyvern Radamanthys and Gemini Saga Spectre, this month Shura Capricorn Surplice will be released so no one knows how far the line will go, mind you with Original Color Editions of the gold saints and Pegasus, Poseidon line is up in the air.

Bootleg Asian companies have been releasing EX customs of certain characters, which is why bandai is hurrying it up to catch up.

A lot of people I know will quit buying them after the gold saints line is complete. But I have every myth cloth known to saint seiya so I will see what's up.

thanks for the advice, i notced as soon as i chipped a bit of paint from the abdomen part of piscis, im also very wary of pegasus helmet, im afraid it will break same with capricorns horns and helmet in general, they llok really flimsy..

havent recieved most of them, and i will hold until december to buy a saga, not only will i have more money, but i hope it will get a release announcement.

im kinda bummed that the plastic parts are the same type of paint and plastic like the 80's saint seiya figures, the other thing is that the piece that joins the belts seems like it doesnt fit quite well in any of the figures, so im afraid it will fall and cause the figure to colapse, i need to find some bases..

PSA: for those that get Taurus, he is a very cool figure and heavy, hjust watch the arms, not sure if its mine or if all of them are going to be like that, but arms seem to get really stuck, when you put the folded arms, it is very likely you will leave behind the top part, i say this, because mine are really, really tight, so im thinking someone could break his shoulder/wear it off by pulling the arm.

apart from that nice figure, he is huge , and has a very easy to assemble and cool object.

Taurus is a beast!

I love it!

Everything that is suppose to be metal is metal, amazing build quality.
Good range of accessories.
My only complaint is that either the skirt is too thick or the abdomen is too thin, it kinda looks like he is wearing some big golden diapers
Most EX gold saints have this problem but perhaps him being bigger just makes it more prominent.
Also the cape is just reused from the other gold saints but it looks a bit small on Taurus.

Here are a few pics of mine :)

LOL dave, that is the main chief complaint of the saint seiya myth ex line, compared to myth vintage the myth ex line figures have the thinnest waist, so if you look and compare the armors you will notice many oversize chests and skirts. I like it, it justs means it is more mobile in that sense.

two weeks and about 2000 dollars later.....
DSC00723.jpg
too bad i have to store them until i finish building my showroom (and get an actual camera)....

question, does anyone know how to fix loose belt pieces? virgos belt front piece is incredibly loose, touch it and it will fall, i was thinking a dab of glue on the plastic connecting piece to make it thicker and connect beter, but i dont want to mess with these too much.

i also have a loose capricorns helmet, loose front helmet piece for dragon and virgo and a broken hand for the sagitarius object (i didnt do anyhting rough to it, it snaped while gently slipping the bow), also taurus forearms are really tight, not even warm water worked that well, and to my sadness, the seiya v1 LC model i got has plastic instead of metal, which was a bit of a bummer.

anyways better quality control than both vegeta figuarts combined

So glad I find a saint seiya thread :) cool! I started collecting them this year, missing only capricorn, sagittarius, scorpio and og course, gemini. It is pretty much known that saint seiya is mostly popular in europe and south america, where are you guys from? Also, does anyone know where can I find those that im missing? And lastly: will anyone going to get virgo oce version?

Back