Bad show, Cave troll!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its his.. He can do w/ it as he pleases.. What if he is not a fan of LoTR.. If I won some Star Wars item worth bank that sucker would be pimped out in a sec.. However if I won that Cavetroll I would be buried w/ it when I die..

Its his.. He can do w/ it as he pleases.. What if he is not a fan of LoTR.. If I won some Star Wars item worth bank that sucker would be pimped out in a sec.. However if I won that Cavetroll I would be buried w/ it when I die..

yeah i could say the same about alot of my marvel stuff. if i won the cavetroll i'd probably keep it, though i'd have my family sell it since there wouldn't be enough room with all my marvels,:lol but yeah alot of other stuff, if i won it i'd sell also.

Expecting someone to keep something they have no interest in simply because they won it is ignorant, especially when that item may be worth a good deal of money.

I think the right thing to do and the only honest way would be to sell it to a freaks member who is a huge LOTR fan on the cheap...........very cheap.:D

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIDESHOW-WET...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I personally think this seller is pretty weak, He won the statue at the comic con, 3 months ago, got it, and is now flipping it, I know its non of my business what he does with it, he could sit on it and break it if he wants, But to enter a competition that stops other people winning it, and then flipping it for the price he has it at. I think I have seen the pics on the SSF message board once as well, but if he is a member here, I dont care. I really think this is not what Sideshow had in mind when they offered up this fantastic prize, and it really isnt what I like to think a member of a community such as this would do. Even if you sold it for $1500, giving some other genuine collector a chance at getting a piece for a nice price, its still 100% profit for the seller (though it would probably be resold if sold for that price days later!)

jesus, dude, tell us how jealous you really are...

if you have such a problem with it, fly your happy a-- across the pond and actually attend sdcc next year so you can win something like this and keep it all to yourself.
you wanna talk about sideshow's intentions??? :rolleyes:
i really doubt sideshow intended for people to make a $1500 profit on a doom pf either, so go cry about that while you're at it.
he won it fair and square, so it's his to do with what he pleases. btw, i think the seller probably forked over a pretty substantial amount to attend sdcc and win this.

i hope he sells it, poops on a dollar from the profits, and sends it your way just to rub it in your face for being a baby.

if you have such a problem with it, fly your happy a-- across the pond and actually attend sdcc next year so you can win something like this and keep it all to yourself.
i really doubt sideshow intended for people to make a $1500 profit on a doom pf either, so go cry about that while you're at it.
he won it fair and square, so it's his to do with what he pleases. btw, i think the seller probably forked over a pretty substantial amount to attend sdcc and win this.

i hope he sells it, poops on a dollar from the profits, and sends it your way just to rub it in your face for being a baby.

Tell us how you really feel jbinny :lol

:lol:lol:lol good point, a good week at the con combined with everything else would cost at least that.

i got beat to the tell us what you really feel, but still a good one
and i'll second that again :lol:lol

btw way, if you really wanted it i'm sure you could find out who won this baby by searching the forum. if i were the seller i'd probably take around $2000 for it, if you consider ebay and paypal fees plus the hassles of ebay.
i think it's worth $2000 when mint ones are worth $1500+ your only paying a $500 premium for an artist proof, that you know is legit (not one of these asian rub'n smuggy ones)
of course i could be speaking out of turn, since i can't say what he'd sell it for off of the bay and on here for.
but that's my story if i owned it, and i'm sticking to it.

now i have to go find who won this, and try to buy it off him.:lol

and one more thing for when you don't win something this awesome from a company like sideshow that oozes greatness...

images.jpg

lol...I don't see what the big deal is...let the man sell it. someone who really wants it now has a chance to get one...

Well, it surprised me how long this took to pop up, almost made it 24 hours! As some can attest I offered it to several people on the forum for substantially lower price (and to all involved a reasonable price). It didn't work out with the people who I had discussed it with. Now I didn't advertise it here of course because it would have been 400 posts of you shouldn't be selling it which I didn't care to sift through. I frankly couldn't care any less about those who get "offended" by my actions. You live your life as you see fit and I will live mine. I spent almost 15K in the past 3 months on my hobbies not including SDCC or preorders and this piece will go well on the way to buying me a pinball machine that I have been eying for some time now. Now if it were something worth a few hundred bucks maybe it would be different, but lately I have been finding myself looking at everything around my house and assessing what percentage of a pinball machine they are worth.... including my car, wife, and kids. We all have swings of taste and focus and it just isn't LOTR statues for me right now (although you'll never get my LOTR pin from me).

That being said I have had three people make offers on it and some are getting close to what I would take for it given the Ebay fees involved. Of course I would much rather sell it to someone here but I gave up posting in the For Sale forum way back when "constructive" feedback was still allowed in peoples threads.

As I have always said: There is never a shortage of presumptuous people who know how to live your life better then you. :rolleyes:

Well, it surprised me how long this took to pop up, almost made it 24 hours! As some can attest I offered it to several people on the forum for substantially lower price (and to all involved a reasonable price). It didn't work out with the people who I had discussed it with. Now I didn't advertise it here of course because it would have been 400 posts of you shouldn't be selling it which I didn't care to sift through. I frankly couldn't care any less about those who get "offended" by my actions. You live your life as you see fit and I will live mine. I spent almost 15K in the past 3 months on my hobbies not including SDCC or preorders and this piece will go well on the way to buying me a pinball machine that I have been eying for some time now. Now if it were something worth a few hundred bucks maybe it would be different, but lately I have been finding myself looking at everything around my house and assessing what percentage of a pinball machine they are worth.... including my car, wife, and kids. We all have swings of taste and focus and it just isn't LOTR statues for me right now (although you'll never get my LOTR pin from me).

That being said I have had three people make offers on it and some are getting close to what I would take for it given the Ebay fees involved. Of course I would much rather sell it to someone here but I gave up posting in the For Sale forum way back when "constructive" feedback was still allowed in peoples threads.

As I have always said: There is never a shortage of presumptuous people who know how to live your life better then you. :rolleyes:

Good for you Jesse :rock

To be honest i don't think u had to explain yourself at all but i understand why you did.

I'm a huge LOTR fan so there's no way i would sell it but hey.......EACH TO THEIR OWN is what i say.:)

Big troll statue or pinball? I would sell in it a heartbeat. What pinball machine are you looking to get? :monkey5

Tales Of The Arabian Nights, a true mint HUO with no wear, no cabinet fading, no broken plastics, no broken ramps. It was even featured in a pinball magazine. I also am getting really hooked on the new Spiderman Stern just released.

To be honest i don't think u had to explain yourself at all but i understand why you did.

I'm a huge LOTR fan so there's no way i would sell it but hey.......EACH TO THEIR OWN is what i say.:)

I know I didn't have to and it probably only served to inflame the situation but so be it.

A few years ago I owned just about every Weta piece released except for the CT and back then you wouldn't have gotten it out of my hands for any amount of money. For the time being (and I am sure it will change yet again) I am full on into pins (amongst a few other things). I am big into Terminator which I always have been and I also have a soft spot for a nice watch. just this last 2 weeks I bought a new Tag, Victorinox, and 2 Bulovas.

I guess when I get into something I am just slightly obsessive. That might be how I ended up with just about every Weta piece as well. :lol

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIDESHOW-WET...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
I personally think this seller is pretty weak, He won the statue at the comic con, 3 months ago, got it, and is now flipping it, I know its non of my business what he does with it, he could sit on it and break it if he wants, But to enter a competition that stops other people winning it, and then flipping it for the price he has it at. I think I have seen the pics on the SSF message board once as well, but if he is a member here, I dont care. I really think this is not what Sideshow had in mind when they offered up this fantastic prize, and it really isnt what I like to think a member of a community such as this would do. Even if you sold it for $1500, giving some other genuine collector a chance at getting a piece for a nice price, its still 100% profit for the seller (though it would probably be resold if sold for that price days later!)

Who the hell are you...? Geez back off...Jealous?!

Now back to the Scalpers Rule discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there when you won that. Jealous? certainly. But... I could care less if you make some dough off of it, you're still a cool person in my book.

We should car pool next year for SDCC.

Back