AVP game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its not like they're invisible. Would just help ratchet up the tension for a bit. When playing through on hard I never felt I was going to run out of ammo.

Just started on the Predator campaign...and the controls sure take some getting used to.
Now if only I could figure out how to get into the human research compound. :confused:

Where is the fun in having a gun that kills almost instantly and can lock-on at the beginning of the game? :cool:
the fun is right there. right before you get killed over and over again at the same spot way too early in the game.
but you can't see it because that damn continue screen is in the way. smart guns would fix that.

With only completing predator and alien so far on hard, found the "boss fights" to not really be "boss fights", once you got them on the run theyre done. Is it any more difficult on nightmare, or do you just die easier?

With only completing predator and alien so far on hard, found the "boss fights" to not really be "boss fights", once you got them on the run theyre done. Is it any more difficult on nightmare, or do you just die easier?

I have to agree. The end fights are FAR too easy.

I beat the Predator boss on the Marine campaign in less than a minute. :duh

Last edited:
Oh you will ;) I've completed all three campaigns

Yep, just finished the Predator and Alien campaigns.

LOVED the look of the Predalien. I want a figure of that!
The ending was cool, but the Alien ending was better. :naughty

Overall a fun game, but FAR too short.

BRING ON THE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AND USER CREATED LEVELS!

I've been loving this online. Offline though I thought the campaigns were way to fast and quite samey. Decent enough. I like the Alien best. I'll give nightmare a shot eventually.

7/10 for me.

Yeah, Alien rules. I kinda wish we had an ending with Weyland. I would've loved to have fought him in a powerloader suit or something.

Kinda like AvP's game. That was tight. Number 6 is the ____!

And fighting
Spoiler Spoiler:
....yes! I loved killing that mother ____er. I hate him so much.

I've been loving this online. Offline though I thought the campaigns were way to fast and quite samey. Decent enough. I like the Alien best. I'll give nightmare a shot eventually.

7/10 for me.

Yeah to be honest I'm not wasting my money on this game. The only people that seem to think it's great are fans of the movies. I can love a movie but refuse to play a mediocre game just because they make one. I will wait for Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy.

The only people that seem to think it's great are fans of the movies.

Well, to be honest, ones enjoyment definitely depends on their appreciation of the source material. Otherwise, why are they playing an AVP game? If you go into this expecting the next CoD:MW, well.. thats the buyer's fault...

I just beat single player and it was a fun experience overall. I think it would have been interesting to have one over-arcing campaign that had you switching between all 3 as the story progressed, but I can see how that would have been jarring to the player control-wise...

Also, why does the Predator Disc not light up, and why does it use the helmet tri-lights??? :confused:

BTW, anyone looking for a fellow A/P fan for multiplayer, feel free to add me: NeoSazabi (PSN) :joy

Also, why are there two threads for this topic? (one here and the other in video games) :confused:

Yep, just finished the Predator and Alien campaigns.

LOVED the look of the Predalien. I want a figure of that!
The ending was cool, but the Alien ending was better. :naughty

Overall a fun game, but FAR too short.

BRING ON THE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AND USER CREATED LEVELS!

True, I loved the way it.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

So, now that AVP3 is out, and ranked by various game reviewers, what is the final verdict on the Aliens: Colonial Marines release? What are your thoughts?

So, now that AVP3 is out, and ranked by various game reviewers, what is the final verdict on the Aliens: Colonial Marines release? What are your thoughts?

Well, a lot of the "official" reviews of AvP have been harshly critical. In some cases undeservedly so, in some cases well deserved. That said, I don't believe that should reflect in any way on how good or bad A:CM may or may not be, or whether or not it should even be released based on AvP's merits/demerits.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's quite fair to lump them together, especially since Aliens: Colonial Marines is still in development. One would hope that A:CM, while having related subject matter in common with AvP, is going to be an entirely different type of game, and should therefore be judged solely on its own merits (or demerits).

Ideally, AvP could serve as an example to developers at Oblivion to make sure they cover all their bases with A:CM, since gamers expectations are so much higher these days.

It's probably still too early for a final verdict, but Aliens: Colonial Marines is the Aliens game I've been waiting for... AvP is basically something to help me pass the time until its release. Just my 2 yen's worth. ;)

Back