AVP game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
played my first game of ranked tonight and actually did fairly well. Ended up winning the match with 17 kills, 2nd place got 15 so it was close at the end. We had 1 Pred, 2 Marines, 1 Alien. The only one that cased me the most problems was the Alien. Picked up some tropies as well:

Welcome to The War (easy easy to get)
Killer Instinct
Persecution Complex

I'll tell you what isn't fun: when you're in a species team deathmatch game with 4-5 predators and only 2-3 marines and aliens, and you're not one of the predators. People have a tendency to leave the game immediately if they got doled the role of a marine or alien, but the game goes on anyhow. I really wish they'd force on-the-fly species balancing during games, because dying every 7 seconds gets old really fast.

Even with balanced teams, I've noted predators consistently scoring 50 points, aliens scoring high 30's/low 40's, and marines scoring high 20's/low 30's. There really ought to be one more marine and one less predator per team.

Yeah, the game is not balanced online enough. I don't see a fix for this unless they give stronger health or stamina to the humans and make the aliens less effective against humans but more effective against predators. That would balance the game out more..

Sucks that I want to unlock the Wolf skin said:
I've heard a few people mention other skins. Does anyone know what skins are available and how to unlock them? Other than the exclusives with some pre-orders.

I got the Hunter Edition :D

I really loved the predator story, though found the Alien's a tad short and lacking of plot.

I've heard a few people mention other skins. Does anyone know what skins are available and how to unlock them? Other than the exclusives with some pre-orders.

Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding skin:

Gibson (Marine): Rank 2
Claw (Predator): Rank 3
Warrior Dome (Alien): Rank 4
Connor (Marine): Rank 5
Stalker (Predator): Rank 7
Ridged (Alien): Rank 10
Moss (Marine): Rank 13
Hunter (Predator): Rank 16
Praetorian (Alien): Rank 19
Johnson (Marine): Rank 22
Wolf (Predator): Rank 25
Rookie (Marine): Rank 28
Spartan (Predator): Rank 31
Nethead (Alien): Rank 34

Yeah, the game is not balanced online enough. I don't see a fix for this unless they give stronger health or stamina to the humans and make the aliens less effective against humans but more effective against predators. That would balance the game out more..
I think it's simply a matter of being outnumbered. If the marines were any stronger they'd be unstoppable. I've gotten my ass handed to me by a marine many times when I was a predator and in a one on one confrontation. It's when you've got four predators stalking you and you're the only marine in the damn game that it becomes a problem.

I got a q, I pre-ordered this from HMV in the UK, and when I picked it up I never got any special codes apart from the one inside the case for the premium maps... how to I unlock the extra skins?

I didnt think hmv did the extra skins. I pre-ordered from there too and it was just the extra maps and stuff. No skins. I know play.com had extra skins for their pre-order.

Reach the indicated rank to unlock the corresponding skin:

Gibson (Marine): Rank 2
Claw (Predator): Rank 3
Warrior Dome (Alien): Rank 4
Connor (Marine): Rank 5
Stalker (Predator): Rank 7
Ridged (Alien): Rank 10
Moss (Marine): Rank 13
Hunter (Predator): Rank 16
Praetorian (Alien): Rank 19
Johnson (Marine): Rank 22
Wolf (Predator): Rank 25
Rookie (Marine): Rank 28
Spartan (Predator): Rank 31
Nethead (Alien): Rank 34

Awesome thanks, i'd just unlocked the first marine and predator ones. Hadnt really played that much online mode yet. Cant wait to see what some of them look like.

Also thanks Skynet for the pics of the Alien skins. Look very cool.

Ranked match sucks. I never get to play. I wanted to get the Celtic skin...but meh. Too much work, and no play.

Just played online, death match in the jungle as The Alien :rock 15 Kills 4 Deaths im Rank 9 using Warrior Drone (Dommed) skin :D

Just played online, death match in the jungle as The Alien :rock 15 Kills 4 Deaths im Rank 9 using Warrior Drone (Dommed) skin :D

Rank 14, I love being the Alien aswell, I don't know why but everytime I go against a team of Preds, the all 'rush' the Plasma Caster, and just 'camp' there. Even after one of their team mates had just died.

Rank 14, I love being the Alien aswell, I don't know why but everytime I go against a team of Preds, the all 'rush' the Plasma Caster, and just 'camp' there. Even after one of their team mates had just died.

I love sneak killing Preds :rock They are the alleged masters of stealth :lol I must admit when it comes to getting into a role of a species you feel no more sucked in then when playing as Aliens :banana The thrill of sneaking up on a human scared of running into the dark, running straight behind them making their motion sensor freak out and then scale the walls as they try to get a visual of you then pounce! :toilet_cl

WHAT SYSTEMS ARE YOU GUYS USING?
I'm on a ps3 console.

So far, I've been kicking too much butt online. lol :lol

360. Will never get a PS3. Dont like Sony, nor the games. (A few I want to play like Uncharted and GOW)

I love sneak killing Preds :rock They are the alleged masters of stealth :lol I must admit when it comes to getting into a role of a species you feel no more sucked in then when playing as Aliens :banana The thrill of sneaking up on a human scared of running into the dark, running straight behind them making their motion sensor freak out and then scale the walls as they try to get a visual of you then pounce! :toilet_cl

Me too!! I feel the same way, its hilarious(sp?) to see them flipping out, and firing in all different directions:rotfl and 5 seconds later they get impaled:banana

This game is really fun/addictive. Kudos to you Rebellion and Sega.

I've got it on the Xbox 360 myself.

Back