Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'll try to find cheap screening next week.
Otherwise I see no reason to pay for a 2/3 of the experience which, according to most reviews, wasn't properly edited.

I
Let's not forget the other end of that spectrum, so-called movie critics who are nothing but glorified bloggers to whom every movie is 'awesome'.

The list of critics I feel I can actually trust the opinions of at this point is very, very short.
Trust? Critic?

The subject of a movie doesn't require trust, or critics, it's simple, something sparks something in your brain which makes you interested in watching a certain movie, you go, you do this, what's the worst that can happened? That it wasn't as good as you thought? Well you'll feel better right away once you engage in the activities that usually follow going to the movies:

Get something to eat.
Have a couple of beers
Get some poontang.
Get a bj.
Do some drugs.
Ect...

Any of these would be enough to say: avengers age of what?...

I
Trust? Critic?

The subject of a movie doesn't require trust, or critics, it's simple, something sparks something in your brain which makes you interested in watching a certain movie, you go, you do this, what's the worst that can happened? That it wasn't as good as you thought? Well you'll feel better right away once you engage in the activities that usually follow going to the movies:

Get something to eat.
Have a couple of beers
Get some poontang.
Get a bj.
Do some drugs.
Ect...

well, I've been burned by bad movies before, it's been more than a decade and I still remember wasting money for Wild Wild West or Star Wars 1, I still remember the price of the ticket, I remember the place I sat down in the theater, I even remember who I saw those with,
bad movies stay with you forever lol. Obviously that is not the case with Avengers 2, not at all.

But movie reviews have helped dodge a couple of horrible movies. they Do help sometimes, they are not always bad,

also there is this :lol:lol

Screen-Shot-2015-04-17-at-3.49.55-PM.png

I love how snarky Renner's "apology" was. He may as well have said "**** off, pussies." Honestly, even if it wasn't a joke (hard to imagine anyone would be talking about such subject matter, seriously, though), who gives a ****? I'm so sick of this bull****. Mel Gibson, for example; dude made some ridiculously ****ty and pretty damn insensitive remarks, but the way some of these people talk about him, it's as if the reincarnations of Hitler and Satan got together and made a love child named "Mel." People need to grow the hell up.

I love how snarky Renner's "apology" was. He may as well have said "**** off, pussies." Honestly, even if it wasn't a joke (hard to imagine anyone would be talking about such subject matter, seriously, though), who gives a ****? I'm so sick of this bull****. Mel Gibson, for example; dude made some ridiculously ****ty and pretty damn insensitive remarks, but the way some of these people talk about him, it's as if the reincarnations of Hitler and Satan got together and made a love child named "Mel." People need to grow the hell up.

some people were saying that it was all part of the plan (the joke, the anger from fans, the apology) just to get the movie on the news. Kind of like when an actress nudes will leak right before a big movie opening.

:dunno

****in' A.

The people who took offence to those comment remind me of a girl from high-school. Goody two shoes, sucked up to teachers, got offended at everything, etc. I once made a harmless comment about how I saw many boobs at a Steel Panther gig, and she heard me say it. It was essentially an observation, but she called me misogynistic and went on a bit of a tirade. I then told her to **** off. It was a great day.

Edit: My response wasn't just based on that incident. She was an unpleasant human being.

Honestly, I chalk it up to this being the technologically inclined generation, which I am a part of. I think the biggest reason for all this bull**** is because these people genuinely don't know how to act. I think their vocalness makes them seem like they're greater in number than they actually are, but, if you took a hard look at who they are, I'd say that you'd probably find the majority of them are twenty somethings who don't know what it means to have a cause, so, they manufacture one out of whatever the most recent bull**** is. They're so disconnected, and it seems like, because of that, they expect everyone to tread on their tiptoes in order not to offend the sensibilities of anyone who may have different sensibilities.

One of the best examples of the inverse that I can think of is actually the barbershop scene in Gran Torino. They flung insults around because they knew each other, and they knew what they could get away with because they took the time to familiarize themselves with each other's sensibilities. Familiarizing yourself with another's sensibilities, however, requires you actually communicating with them, and, that's difficult to do when the majority of your time is spent on the Internet or text messaging (ironic, I know, and I'm not claiming to be a saint, but it is an observaion), so, rather than taking the time to do so, they form these blankets that ensure that nothing is ever offensive to anyone's sensibilities.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, the percentage on Rotten Tomatoes keeps going down and there are only 66 reviews so far. I guess critics don't like the film for some reason...strange, they loved the first one. :dunno

Honestly, I chalk it up to this being the technologically inclined generation, which I am a part of. I think the biggest reason for all this bull**** is because these people genuinely don't know how to act. I think their vocalness makes them seem like they're greater in number than they actually are, but, if you took a hard look at who they are, I'd say that you'd probably find the majority of them are twenty somethings who don't know what it means to have a cause, so, they manufacture one out of whatever the most recent bull**** is. They're so disconnected, and it seems like, because of that, they expect everyone to tread on their tiptoes in order not to offend the sensibilities of anyone who may have different sensibilities.One of the best examples of the inverse that I can think of is actually the barbershop scene in Gran Torino. They flung insults around because they knew each other, and they knew what they could get away with because they took the time to familiarize themselves with each other's sensibilities. Familiarizing yourself with another's sensibilities, however, requires you actually communicating with them, and, that's difficult to do when the majority of your time is spent on the Internet or text messaging (ironic, I know, and I'm not claiming to be a saint, but it is an observaion), so, rather than taking the time to do so, they form these blankets that ensure that nothing is ever offensive to anyone's sensibilities.

I respect this man and his opinion. As a almost 21 year old who actually disconnected from his generation and spends time with cooler mature individuals I agree that people are politically correct a lot and are easily offended.

Man, the percentage on Rotten Tomatoes keeps going down and there are only 66 reviews so far. I guess critics don't like the film for some reason...strange, they loved the first one. :dunno

All it tells you is that 66 people who wrote reviews didn't like it.
It's great.
In my mind after two viewings, easily as good as the original, and better than any single movie in the runup to it. It even trumps TWS because it has all the Avengers in it and has time not only for seemingly endless action, but also for some nice character development.
Don't believe the haters.

All it tells you is that 66 people who wrote reviews didn't like it.
It's great.
In my mind after two viewings, easily as good as the original, and better than any single movie in the runup to it. It even trumps TWS because it has all the Avengers in it and has time not only for seemingly endless action, but also for some nice character development.
Don't believe the haters.

Actually, out of the 66 reviews, 13 are negative, so it's not all of them :) Can't wait to see it next week. So far I have avoided spoilers and I haven't seen any TV spots either, just the first 2 trailers.

I
Trust? Critic?

Get something to eat.
Have a couple of beers
Get some poontang.
Get a bj.
Do some drugs.
Ect...

While that is a great way to look at things, unfortunately I live in the UK. It costs me about 3-4x as much to see a movie as it would cost you in America, so I tend to be picky about what I'll actually pay to see in a theatre.

Back