Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It amazes me that we live in such a sensitive and uptight world. I can't believe Evans and Renner had to apologize for the stupid Black Widow comment. The sensitive world disgusts me.

What did they say?

:lol Renner sounded a wee bit begrudging in his statement.

Renner said, “I am sorry that this tasteless joke about a fictional character offended anyone. It was not meant to be serious in any way. Just poking fun during an exhausting and tedious press tour.”

We've become so PC. They were clearly just having a laugh. There was no malice in their words.

How come the stupid interviewer that upset RDJ gets away scott free?

That is so stupid. I could see if ScarJo took offense, but otherwise lay off. They were just making a joke about a fictional character in a fantasy movie. People need to stop taking everything do literal!

d9be72f4ac11c7da286fa98e99c929f3.jpg

Funny thing is, Joss Whedon is probably more hurt by those comments than anyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that made them apologize.

Meh, they don't work for him anymore. They can tell him to kiss all kinds of shady parts and not worry.

I think that the bottom line is that Disney wants to sell another of their BILLION-DOLLAR films to the same families that flocked to them before, and felt that even during another of the usual forgettable marathon interview sessions when promoting something this big, even an off-the-cuff, punch-drunk comment can still be potentially offensive and cost them money.
The whiners are getting to be as bad as the **** they're whining about. Boils down to mere capitalism really. :)

It still doesn't say the their "offensive" comment was.

I'm willing to bet the people that complained were mostly women. :lecture

I'm a woman and thought they were making a joke. People get upset over stupid stuff all the time. So tired of all the pc garbage.

I think that the bottom line is that Disney wants to sell another of their BILLION-DOLLAR films to the same families that flocked to them before, and felt that even during another of the usual forgettable marathon interview sessions when promoting something this big, even an off-the-cuff, punch-drunk comment can still be potentially offensive and cost them money.
The whiners are getting to be as bad as the **** they're whining about. Boils down to mere capitalism really. :)

Looks like good ol' bullying to me, funny thing is that this is the same people that you always hear barking about freedom of speech or freedom that, but they go around telling other people what shouldn't be said.

Back