Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was talking about the comic versions, but considering that people are still paying for custom 1/6 Ledger Joker figs despite there being 7 years' worth of figures out there, yeah, I don't think they will stop anytime soon.

Oh hell yeah. Ik what ya meant. Marvel really is on the low down of villains. Could you imagine the insanity of Spidey if Joker came to town? And Doc Ock came to Gotham. Hell all batman would have to do is be batman against ol tentacles... Spidey would go nutter than Harvey Dent if Joker put MJ or Gwen in a situation.

Oh hell yeah. Ik what ya meant. Marvel really is on the low down of villains. Could you imagine the insanity of Spidey if Joker came to town? And Doc Ock came to Gotham. Hell all batman would have to do is be batman against ol tentacles... Spidey would go nutter than Harvey Dent if Joker put MJ or Gwen in a situation.

They have a couple of good ones, but most are either overused or shallow.

Galactus? Currently a big joke.
Red Skull? He's a Nazi, but he can't do Nazi stuff because the comics are reated T, so he's just a very bad guy....and that's it...
Green Goblin? He peaked during Dark Reign but currently he's but a shadow of his former self.
Magneto? "I'm a villain! No, I'm a hero! No, I'm a genocidal maniac!"
Doom? "I'm a man of honour! Nah, I'm willing to wear my lover's skin as armour. Oh wait, I play by he rules....Except when I don't..."
Loki? "I paint my nails and listen to Daft Punk! Look how relatable I am!"
Ock? "I want a second chance! Which I'll use to be the same prick..."
Ultron? "Looooooove me daddy!!!!"
Apocalypse? He's a bigger joke than Magikarp...

And that's about it. The rest are either copies (Zola, Zemo, Strucker, etc are just tamer Skulls, Sinister a cooler Apocalypse and the list goes on) or just haven't done many memorable things (High Evolutionary, Dormammu, Attuma, etc). Whereas over at DC, almost all of the big guns have done something memorable or have something that sets them apart.

In the original story he was nothing more than a tool as well. It's the aftermath that makes the Winter Soldier concept great.
True and you are right I am just missing that insanely DC type villain in a marvel movie which I don't think will happen because you have to take it their and their family friendly formula will not allow them to go there

True and you are right I am just missing that insanely DC type villain in a marvel movie which I don't think will happen because you have to take it their and their family friendly formula will not allow them to go there

Again, Marvel's not more family friendly than DC. I really don't get this notion. Both make movies about people in tights. And Marvel is pretty darn dark. Loki takings that guy's eye ou and stabbing Coulson, the Ten Rings in Iron Man, etc... DC has had 1 movie so far, so I don't know how you can compare them.

What bothers me is that Ultron is not this cold, calculating machine that bides its time. Instead, it's a Whedon-y, cocky teen. I get that they tried to humanize him a bit, otherwise he would have been a caricature, but this version has no relation with the comic character. To tell you the truth, I'm hoping the Brainiac appears in the JL film so that we can get our cold, logic driven cyborg fix.

There's also this:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for villains, the MCU IMHO has no good or memorable villains except from Loki, who's starting to get old pretty quickly.
Oh so that's how they made him hum so marvel has yet to make one lasting villain they need to go I don't know how else to say this " DC " all dark and stuff , but alas their family friendly formula will not allow that. They have to have villains who are corny and crack jokes and even when you think he is a bad as they are turnout to such a let down ,IM3.

Again, Marvel's not more family friendly than DC. I really don't get this notion. Both make movies about people in tights. And Marvel is pretty darn dark. Loki takings that guy's eye ou and stabbing Coulson, the Ten Rings in Iron Man, etc... DC has had 1 movie so far, so I don't know how you can compare them.
Marvel movies do have a more family friendly tone you can see that and maybe and I am hoping with the next marvel movie and from what I am hearing about that it will be a more mature story line , because you can't have heroes facing each other with it having the same tone.

They have a couple of good ones, but most are either overused or shallow.

Red Skull? He's a Nazi, but he can't do Nazi stuff because the comics are reated T, so he's just a very bad guy....and that's it...
Green Goblin? He peaked during Dark Reign but currently he's but a shadow of his former self.
Doom? "I'm a man of honour! Nah, I'm willing to wear my lover's skin as armour. Oh wait, I play by he rules....Except when I don't..."

And that's about it. The rest are either copies (Zola, Zemo, Strucker, etc are just tamer Skulls, Sinister a cooler Apocalypse and the list goes on) or just haven't done many memorable things (High Evolutionary, Dormammu, Attuma, etc). Whereas over at DC, almost all of the big guns have done something memorable or have something that sets them apart.

But they have one of the best comic villains too, Thanos. His comic stories are amazing.

DC is generally a bit darker and more serious than Marvel in their approach, Marvel at least in their movies tend to not focus on the dark stuff, for instance, the 10 rings, it's a terrorist organization, if you think about it, we've seen how terrorist behave: executions, beheadings, suicide bombings, etc it's a terribly dark concept, but in the IM movies the leader of the 10 rings downplayed that whole darkness with the likes of a bald Jack Sparrow, then Loki, sure, he's a twisted god, "but lol puny god lmao, lol he changed Thor into a woman, and him into Captain America, oh look, he's good now lol he's so dreamy".

Now you see guys like Zod and Ledger's Joker....

:lol:lol:lol :exactly: :rotfl

What do you think of Gorr? Best villain I've read in a while.

DC is generally a bit darker and more serious than Marvel in their approach, Marvel at least in their movies tend to not focus on the dark stuff, for instance, the 10 rings, it's a terrorist organization, if you think about it, we've seen how terrorist behave: executions, beheadings, suicide bombings, etc it's a terribly dark concept, but in the IM movies the leader of the 10 rings downplayed that whole darkness with the likes of a bald Jack Sparrow, then Loki, sure, he's a twisted god, "but lol puny god lmao, lol he changed Thor into a woman, and him into Captain America, oh look, he's good now lol he's so dreamy".

Now you see guys like Zod and Ledger's Joker....

:lol:lol:lol :exactly: :rotfl

What do you think of Gorr? Best villain I've read in a while.

Yeah, DC is darker, sure, but it's not like Marvel is making kids films, that's what I'm saying. I'm fine with lighthearted movies, but the constant quips and all that are making me less excited about the rest. I swear to God, if T'Challa starts making jokes I'll....do nothing because I'm a slave to the comic book machine, sigh....

Gorr was brilliant, that's for sure. He really made you think, no matter whether you're an atheist or a theist. Easily one of Marvel's best villains. It's a shame that he had to die. Well, at least he didn't live to see the new "Oh-I'm-so-progressive-here's-my-feminist-speech" Thor.
Nuke is another great villain, because he's the embodiment of patriotism taken too far. Honestly, Marvel's best villains are the obscure ones, while DC's best are also the most popular.

I swear to God, if T'Challa starts making jokes I'll....do nothing because I'm a slave to the comic book machine, sigh....
:lol
Don't worry, Meme Whedon is gone.

Gorr was brilliant, that's for sure. He really made you think, no matter whether you're an atheist or a theist. Easily one of Marvel's best villains. It's a shame that he had to die. Well, at least he didn't live to see the new "Oh-I'm-so-progressive-here's-my-feminist-speech" Thor.
Yeah, you could even root for him, he his quest was actually just, so just it made Thor doubt.

I'm glad he had to die, he had a perfect death.

I know right, "oh look, you're a girl Thor? Well, then let me turn myself in, us girls have to stick together" :lol wtf was that?
Nuke is another great villain, because he's the embodiment of patriotism taken too far. Honestly, Marvel's best villains are the obscure ones, while DC's best are also the most popular.
Agree, not familar with Nuke though.

Feige said there wouldn't be an After the Credits scene (him or Whedon, I don't remember which) just mid-credits so it's most likely fake but it would have been an original and funny way to go.

Movies are a nice destraction from the dark realities some people face. Marvel does a good job in balancing some elements of darkness while also helping the audience have fun. Life can be pretty stressful as it is and movies can act as distractions from that. That being said, I do really love DC's darker style.

:lol
Don't worry, Meme Whedon is gone.

Yeah, you could even root for him, he his quest was actually just, so just it made Thor doubt.

I'm glad he had to die, he had a perfect death.

I know right, "oh look, you're a girl Thor? Well, then let me turn myself in, us girls have to stick together" :lol wtf was that?

Agree, not familar with Nuke though.

Thank God. If he had stayed maybe we'd have gotten his pal Anita as Carol Danvers...

Gorr was a "one and done" character, but he had potential.

That Absorbing Man/Titania scene was absymal.

Nuke's a product of the Nam era. He's this super patriot who goes into modern day Japan, etc and shoots them to avenge "the boys". He's a pretty good character and does pose some legitimate qustions.

this is hideous :lol

CZasuyf.jpg

Back