Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers 2: Avenging Again

Marvel is always way ahead of the game. They signed Whedon on for the sequel before he even wrote the script for the first one:

https://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

When you first saw the movie, were you like, “I really need to sign Joss the sequel today before people see this thing?”

Feige: We did that before he wrote one word of the script.

Oh so you already signed him for another one?

Feige: Well they’re called options, so basically anybody we work with we ask for options.

So Joss has an option for The Avengers 2?

Feige: Correct.

The big question is Robert Downey Jr. His contract reportedly is up after Iron Man 3. He was signed reportedly for a five picture deal:

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk (cameos count)
-Iron Man 2
-The Avengers
-Iron Man 3

They'll have to renegotiate with him at that point for Avengers 2 or anything past that for Mr. Tony Stark. It should be interesting to see what they do with him at this point.

The big question is Robert Downey Jr. His contract reportedly is up after Iron Man 3. He was signed reportedly for a five picture deal:

-Iron Man
-The Incredible Hulk (cameos count)
-Iron Man 2
-The Avengers
-Iron Man 3

They'll have to renegotiate with him at that point for Avengers 2 or anything past that for Mr. Tony Stark. It should be interesting to see what they do with him at this point.

My guess is, when the time comes they throw enormous amounts of money at him.

Kevin Feige: "I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it."

RDJ will ask for too much and they will recast.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

P1USMint3.JPG

That's my thoughts too. If RDJ asks for too much they'll simply recast. They've been lucky with how much people love Ruffalo over Norton and I don't think Feige will play too much ball when it comes to signing up Tony for another go around. Hell they already did it to Terrance Howard which more controversial results but they've shown they aren't above simply recasting to continue forward. Marvel Studios isn't exactly known for showing gratitude to their moneymakers, ask Favreau.

Kevin Feige: "I think Bond is a good example. Let’s put it this way: I hope Downey makes a lot of movies for us as Stark. If and when he doesn’t, and I’m still here making these movies, we don’t take him to Afghanistan and have him wounded again. I think we James Bond it."

Could happen.

But it appears to me RDJ is having much fun with the Stark character, so I think good chance he will sign on for 5 more :lol

I wouldn't think he'd sign long terms really but he has said publicly that he loves the character. I could see him doing three picture deals which of course would include Avengers and Iron Man but also cameos or even picture by picture. The thing is Feige really doesn't like to play with others and has a "my way or the highway" mentality that could simply have him walking.

Downey's going to be 50 by the time A2 comes out. I think he could gracefully bow out of both franchises after IM3 and A2.

Yeah, I don't expect a change in the role anytime soon. They will work the money aspect out and things will be good.

They have to. The reason those movies worked and people give a damn about Iron Man is RDJ's personality in that role. If they decide to recast, all I can say is good luck.

If RDJ asks for too much they'll simply recast.
I can imagine that happening. And because of his age and the fact that Marvel knows how to make good, calculated risks, I feel reasonably confident the outcome would be a good one, all things considered.

Our only hope is that RDJ cooperates and doesn't play hardball when it comes to his salary. Marvel Studios doesn't throw big money at anybody; they let people go and recast/replace them. They are primarily faithful to their vision and long term plan for the characters and franchise--that takes priority over the talent. But they have also learned their lessons and RDJ is the only one who isn't locked into a long term deal right now. So they can possibly afford to negotiate with him, knowing that Chris Evans and the others are signed up for four more regardless of how much they pay RDJ.

Downey's going to be 50 by the time A2 comes out. I think he could gracefully bow out of both franchises after IM3 and A2.

After Iron Man was a huge hit RDJ said he would die happily if he could just go back and forth doing Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man movies the rest of his life.

Could happen.

But it appears to me RDJ is having much fun with the Stark character, so I think good chance he will sign on for 5 more :lol

I see Iron Man being his Jack Sparrow. I think he'll happily continue playing him until they ask him not to. I mean he owes EVERYTHING to Iron Man right now. He's only big again because of it.

After Iron Man was a huge hit RDJ said he would die happily if he could just go back and forth doing Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man movies the rest of his life.

I'm not the biggest him as Holmes fan but as long as he keeps with Iron Man I'll be fine. If letting him go British every few years helps keep him on board with Marvel, then fine.

I can't imagine RDJ won't be back for at least three more films. My guess is they offer a contract that is maybe not as much upfront but for a percentage of the films profits. I don't think RDJ's situation can be compared to Norton or Howard's. I think if they had to replace him with the momentum they got going right now it would be a major setback.

As far as the story for Avengers 2 I'm really pulling for Kang. I think that has the potential to give audiences something they haven't seen before.

I already wanna see the sequel. The wait sux but im sure it'll be worth it just like The avengers. Bring on the sequel

So who thinks Death incarnate will be in the film? What actress would you like to portray her??

Back