Assassin's Creed 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the included soundtrack in the Limited Edition doesn't contain the full track list of the standalone 2-disc ACII soundtrack, it has more than just 4 songs (you have use the arrows to scroll down). There are 14 songs, and I'm pretty sure the songs are as long as the full OST.

A bit disappointing, but still, I still think the LE is worth the money.

Here's the full list of tracks on the official ost: https://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Original-Game-Soundtrack/dp/B002TURE9E

I'll have to look again, but it still does me no good being on the Blu Ray. I would've wanted this on my ipod to listen to.

I'll have to look again, but it still does me no good being on the Blu Ray. I would've wanted this on my ipod to listen to.

I never expected the soundtrack to be on a separate disc. I looked over details of the LE content when info and pics first started showing up online months ago. Ubisoft never implied that the OST would be on a separate disc, and in the photos of the set there was only 1 extra disc, so I assumed it contained the OST as well as the bonus vids and stuff.

Still, if they aren't going to put the songs on an extra disc, they could have done what they did with the Prince of Persia LE: include a code to download the songs.

I guess they just wanted the extra money this time, forcing us to buy the full soundtrack, which, honestly I'm willing to do if I like the game enough. Speaking of the game, I really want to play it later tonight. I only played for about 30 minutes last night, but I enjoyed it. The graphics aren't as good as Uncharted 2 though. Man, that game really raised the bar in terms of presentation.

~~~I've been playing quite a bit today and I can say that its 100x better than the first game. Just exploring the tombs alone is more fun than most of the missions from the first game.

I'm enjoying it so far. One complaint I have with the game is that it looks graphically inferior to the first AC. I'm not just comparing them from my memory either. I watched a random cutscene vid of AC1 and the characters models look much better than AC2. I wonder where the compromise was.....

360 or ps3? I got the first on 360, and it almost felt like the pioneered it on that, always testing on that, and demoing etc, with the ps3 version just not looking as good. This time around, seems the other way around, and i was thinking of actually buying the ps3 version this time. Plus i can't be assed with RROD problems anymore lol :p Grabbing it tomorrow, on either, can't wait!

The soundtrack is on the Special Content Blu Ray.

I picked up my copy. A lot more people showed up at the midnight release at the local GS than I anticipated. However, there were a large number there to pick up Left 4 Dead 2.

The LE overall is nice. Definitely worth the extra $20 considering all the stuff included. Here are some quick shots of the Ezio figure. The figure is taller and heftier than I thought, and it's nicely sculpted and painted for what it is:

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Going to play the game for a little bit. Not too much though. Need the sleep.

Btw man, that figure looks sick. Regretting not preordering now lol

360 or ps3? I got the first on 360, and it almost felt like the pioneered it on that, always testing on that, and demoing etc, with the ps3 version just not looking as good. This time around, seems the other way around, and i was thinking of actually buying the ps3 version this time. Plus i can't be assed with RROD problems anymore lol :p Grabbing it tomorrow, on either, can't wait!

I bought the PS3 version because my PS3 collection desperately needs more games and I intend to take advantage of the PS3 exclusive content (requires a PSP and AC: Bloodlines though).

From what I've read on gaming forums and credited gaming websites, as far as performance goes, both versions are very similar, but the 360 version has less screen tearing. The framerate and textures are about the same. So I think you're good to go with either.

detailed text/screenshot comparison between the two:
https://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=92613

IGN Australia ranked the Xbox 360 version higher than the PS3, primarily due to muddy textures, screen tearing, and slowdown. Now, whether that's accurate or complete fanboyism, I couldn't say. I picked it up for the 360 and it looks absolutely fantastic.

As for the OST included on the bonus disc; it's on a DVD-Rom with the 360 version, so is there any way I can transfer those audio files onto my PC, and then onto my iPod?

Oh, and for the PS3 users, what are the unlockable bonuses for the game? On the instruction manual for the 360 version, they list a desktop theme, Ezio costume (presumably for your avatar), 5 additional throwing knives and access to the family tomb as unlockables. I'm just curious what I'm missing with the PS3 version. I'm assuming it's stuff for Home?

Assassin Creed 1 looks the same on both consoles.
You must have your settings on your PS3 set up wrong
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5HvdRfUmoqQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5HvdRfUmoqQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Assassin Creed 1 looks the same on both consoles.

Thanks for posting that- I will try it out. I ended up getting AC2 for the PS3...just don't have a lot of games for that console and I do like the controls a bit better.

Achievements have ruined me from any PS3 games. I know they have trophies for Home but they aren't the same....if its available for XBOX 360, I'm getting it there :lol

I'm 7 hours through and 32% done. Most of that is from the side missions and stuff.

I'm really loving it so far but the framerate is frustrating sometimes. It's at its worst when I try to escape from a group of guards or whenever I dive into water. The splash really causes the game to chug.

I love this game. They fixed every problem I had with the first game. Much more open-sand-box playing, and its funny that you can tackle people while running. I went on a spree and tackled a whole bunch of the hookers you can hire to distract people.

My Review of the White Edition

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_dKhY2eRzxM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_dKhY2eRzxM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back