Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys: Morgul Lord figure

LOVE this figure. In fact, I believe it to be one of the very best out-of-the-box 1/6 scale figures in the history of manufactured 1/6 scale figures. Other than the plastic armor pieces on his arms (mainly the pauldrons), which I would have repainted, everything else about him is absolutely perfect. His metal helmet alone was worth the price point, but he also has other premium features that you would normally only find on the most expensive Hot Toys figure. For example, his belt and scabbard are absolutely meticulous in craft and detail, so much so that the scabbard actually looks and feels like a real 1/6 scale scabbard instead of some hunk of oversize plastic. Both the sword and mace are metal, and perfectly to scale. With a little bit of strategic tucking and tearing, his cloaking falls gorgeously, and paint job is so good on his boots and greaves that I often forget they're plastic. Then you get the two display bases, the flame version of the sword, fully articulated versions of the hands... I could go on and on. Great figure and WAY underrated.

Shill!

Re: Asmus Toys: Morgul Lord figure

LOVE this figure. In fact, I believe it to be one of the very best out-of-the-box 1/6 scale figures in the history of manufactured 1/6 scale figures. Other than the plastic armor pieces on his arms (mainly the pauldrons), which I would have repainted, everything else about him is absolutely perfect. His metal helmet alone was worth the price point, but he also has other premium features that you would normally only find on the most expensive Hot Toys figure. For example, his belt and scabbard are absolutely meticulous in craft and detail, so much so that the scabbard actually looks and feels like a real 1/6 scale scabbard instead of some hunk of oversize plastic. Both the sword and mace are metal, and perfectly to scale. With a little bit of strategic tucking and tearing, his cloaking falls gorgeously, and paint job is so good on his boots and greaves that I often forget they're plastic. Then you get the two display bases, the flame version of the sword, fully articulated versions of the hands... I could go on and on. Great figure and WAY underrated.

I love this figure too but those articulated hands are pieces of crap... just saying. I think only the handle/chain of the mace are metal, the other end is a big chunk of resin/plastic and even then it is too heavy to leave suspended for long, it will pull him over even if you have the good body version.

This is a great first figure of the line and they have only improved. You should check out Saruman and the upcoming Ork and Mouth of Sauron if you dig this guy this much.

Wow cool the restocked figure comes with the new body. I never opened mine (first release) because of the body...now gotta figure out how to sell. But don't know who would want it if this better version exists.

My fantasy shelf is finally complete!

5f1c217d4678a86b453a2924bf3c2dfc.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello,
The first time I saw this figure I knew I had to have it in my collection. But due to things coming up I couldn't get it the first time around. I heard they re-released this figure with a new body, but I guess I missed out on that as well? Does anyone know where are some places that this figure can be purchased. I checked ebay and haven't seen one one there for a bit, and last one I did was going for stupid price lol.

I have one I may sell. Finally getting all my figures displayed and this guy's helmet is just to tall. SOLD!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Look for the re-released version of this figure and the Nazgul w/steed if anyone is selling please let me know.

Anyone reccomend a good body to replace the original release's floptastic body with?

I actually like the Witchking replacement body Asmus offered on their web site ($30). I just checked and don't see it anymore, but it might be worth e-mailing them. It is much better than the Nazgul replacement body (there are still some flaws, but overall it is worth it).

Hi guys

Having collected all of the Asmus Toys Hobbit and LOTR 1/6 scale figures the only one I'm missing to complete the set is the Morgul Lord Witch King

Dont mind if its the original or re-release version

Does anyone have one for sale or know of one for sale anywhere?

If so, I could really use your help in completing my set.

It took a while for this one to sell out at bbts but it's been long gone by now. I don't think I have seen one on eBay in a long time either. I wonder if they could do a slim release of him down the line with the updated body. They could do it without the flame sword and the special base. Just a thought.

I have one of these I'd sell. Its brand new, I've never even taken it out of the shipping box.

Message me if you are interested.

I have one of these bad-boys that I purchased from BBTS a while back, if anyone is still looking - I will be posting this in my FS thread shortly.

I'm late in the day to the LOTR line an finally got a hold of a Morgul Lord for a super cheap price of Ebay, the figure was listed with certain flaws, missing sword, and broken bit on the flame sword both of which I reckoned I could cope with otherwise it was described as in excellent condition.

Well that proved to be a bit of a fat lie when the figure arrived the foot peg was broken and as I moved the figure around I noticed the right arm was separated from the body, this led me to strip the body and found the underlying body was the taped version and had basicly come apart, not what I would have described as excellent by any means.

Still it was super cheap so I let it slide I still had the costume and most of the bits so ordered another body and in the meantime gave the armour pieces a dry brush in silver to bring out some details, also added some gold highlights here and there my thinking being that at one time the King of Agmar would have have bright shiny gold armour when he was alive and even though it's been many years flex's of the original colour still show through.

Another thing which was rather annoying was the excessive “dirt” on the robes which wasn't done very well so I tried to get some of it out I also trimmed some of the mass of loose threads which has tided it up a bit. Then a water treatment and that was that.CIMG4594.JPG
CIMG4596.JPG

Back