Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very nice figure, but it requires a lot of futzing to truly shine.
So be prepared to soak it in water for a while to get the outfit to drape nicely. I've also found that removing the outer arm sleeves makes the figure look better.

The other benefit of the replacement body is in the proportions. The original body is a bit high-waisted and "hippy". The replacement body is better proportioned.

Bought! It looks good but it also looks that it needs some futzing.. My main concern is about the neck, in particular the plastic part that pops out. Is it normal or should I fix it someway?

f0a305adcc760049a004dd9c30ade16a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Just ordered this, will be my first Asmus figure. Can't wait, also partially heart broken that it will not fit in my detolf. Not enough room to change the shelf size either... Ah well.

Another possibilty is having him on the front part of the shelf so the tip of the helm goes up in the space between upper shelf and glass door. Here's mine:
0885d12bddcda192311e75335f0ad1e3.jpg

I did the same thing with my Mogul Lord when I first set him up. Sith I like your display diorama...looks great!

Thank you guys! Maybe next week I hope to have some time to "study" the figure and see if I can pose it better. Is it hard to change the body? In an Italian forum, someone suggested to wash the clothes to rearrange them better..

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the body change, but the suggestion on the other forum is also known here as the water treatment. It's wetting the robes and then styling them how you like. When it dries, it should keep a more natural position.

Thank you guys! Maybe next week I hope to have some time to "study" the figure and see if I can pose it better. Is it hard to change the body? In an Italian forum, someone suggested to wash the clothes to rearrange them better..

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

It all comes down to personal preference, as some folks here were happy with the way the costume looks out of the box, some did minor adjustments, and some of us re-worked the entire figure.

The first place to start is to replace the body, as the original it came with is not the greatest quality. The removal and redressing of the clothes is not hard, but can be time consuming. I haven't (as yet :wink1: ) felt the need to replace the robes, but I did remove the sleeves, as I love the armor, and thought he looked better with more of his upper body armor showing. I also found it necessary to boil the arm and leg armor so that if fit snuggly when I re-outfitted the figure. I also reinforced the pieces inside the armor that allow the knee and elbow joints to move.

I suggest starting out by playing with different poses as it looks out of the box, just to see if you like the way the robes are. When it comes time to replace the body, you can use the wash method to re-shape the material.

Back