Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleeves removed for the moment..

9c0ff315ff08155698af63385a172a6d.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Man, everybody's removing the sleeves from this guy and it looks really good. I might have to try that. Nice pic, Number Six!

Hello! Anyone still here?

Been thinking about getting this guy to display with Eowyn, but I was wondering how to go about getting the replacement body nowadays.

Is the current stock on BBTS the batch with replaced bodies (as mentioned some pages back), even if it still lists the old body in the description?

Wherever I get him, do I just email Asmus with a photo and ask for the replacement body? How much would it cost in total?

While waiting on a replacement body, is the stock body really that bad?

Thanks! The Witch King looks pretty damn awesome and I'd like to get him soon.

Hello! Anyone still here?

Been thinking about getting this guy to display with Eowyn, but I was wondering how to go about getting the replacement body nowadays.

Is the current stock on BBTS the batch with replaced bodies (as mentioned some pages back), even if it still lists the old body in the description?

Wherever I get him, do I just email Asmus with a photo and ask for the replacement body? How much would it cost in total?

While waiting on a replacement body, is the stock body really that bad?

Thanks! The Witch King looks pretty damn awesome and I'd like to get him soon.

I bought one of the restock from BBTS and can confirm it is the new body.

I asked Asmus and bbts way back and I believe both said they were on the new bodies. I clearly remember Asmys saying so and I want to say bbts said the same thing but you might just want to ask them. I have never had any big problems with the original body and in fact haven't even changed it out yet but I do use the stand. Mine can hold the heavy weapons up but it seems like a lot cannot keep the hands raised.

I have both the original release and the restock with the new body. The new body is much more solid and no longer a floppy mess. I have him displayed without his stand with no problems at all. The first version I could never do that with. The legs would buckle. The only problem with the new body on mine is the wrists where the hands attach. Trying to hold the weapons up results in the hands turning over from the weight and thus the weapons flop. I'll probably try putting some Future in those joints if I ever want to do that pose again. Should so the trick.

Got this a couple months agao from Toy Anxienty. Always love visiting that store!

Sleeve mod, original body. He's stayed in this pose the last two months with no issue *knocks on wood*.

Absolutely LOVE this figure, but then again I've always loved this design and character.

e9e88b4af5742ff520c747af0fff58b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses!

BBTS got back to me recently:

"We did receive newer shipments after the original shipment back in 2013, but it is difficult to tell if the new shipment includes the new body since the manufacturer ships these items in sealed shipper boxes that do not allow us to view the item. We currently have these available if you are interested in buying that figure only, but as noted the spare body is listed only to be included with the Eowyn figure."

I decided to take a chance and ordered the Morgul Lord from them anyway. Hopefully he's still part of the batch that Asmus "fixed"! Soon my Eowyn will finally have a challenger.

Thanks for the responses!

BBTS got back to me recently:

"We did receive newer shipments after the original shipment back in 2013, but it is difficult to tell if the new shipment includes the new body since the manufacturer ships these items in sealed shipper boxes that do not allow us to view the item. We currently have these available if you are interested in buying that figure only, but as noted the spare body is listed only to be included with the Eowyn figure."

I decided to take a chance and ordered the Morgul Lord from them anyway. Hopefully he's still part of the batch that Asmus "fixed"! Soon my Eowyn will finally have a challenger.

If he arrives a flopper, just notify BBTS and arrange for an exchange. They're very good about stuff like that. Hope he turns out good for you. He looks awesome and possesses a very ominous presence.

Just got around to (finally) ordering this figure from BBTS. I can't wait to have him in hand and proudly displayed! :blissy

Quick question for you all- I'm new to the Asmus line and just received my witch King from BBTS. Can anyone tell me If this is on the new body? It's arms themselves hold the weapons up but the ab joint is very flimsy. Just wondering if it's worth tracking down the new body or if this is the new body with a defect. Thanks for the help in advance!

Quick question for you all- I'm new to the Asmus line and just received my witch King from BBTS. Can anyone tell me If this is on the new body? It's arms themselves hold the weapons up but the ab joint is very flimsy. Just wondering if it's worth tracking down the new body or if this is the new body with a defect. Thanks for the help in advance!

I think the new/replacement body has double-jointed elbows with a bicep swivel whereas the original body had single ball-jointed elbows. Also, the original body was garbage and extremely loose. If you take the armor/clothing off of the figure, the original body had black electrical tape around the hips to hold them in place since they were so floppy. The new body is great though.

Finally got my Morgul Lord from BBTS. He looks amazing up on the shelf!

image.jpg

Unfortunately, the belt broke under the weight of the sword and its scabbard and I can't find the buckle anywhere:

image.jpg

The sword itself looks a bit deformed and the hilt is bent. I e-mailed Asmus about the problems and I hope they reply soon.

I checked the elbow joint and found this:

image.jpg

Does this mean I have the new body? The wrists are floppy and he can't reliably lift the mace off the ground, but the body isn't as floppy as some people say the original is.

Fantastic pose!

Thanks! I was actually inspired by someone's pose much earlier in this thread. Here's the completed scene:

image.jpg

I'm not minding the broken belt and scabbard so much after futzing the scene. They look great together! Still would be cool to get a response from service@asmustoys though ):

Re: Asmus Toys: Morgul Lord figure

LOVE this figure. In fact, I believe it to be one of the very best out-of-the-box 1/6 scale figures in the history of manufactured 1/6 scale figures. Other than the plastic armor pieces on his arms (mainly the pauldrons), which I would have repainted, everything else about him is absolutely perfect. His metal helmet alone was worth the price point, but he also has other premium features that you would normally only find on the most expensive Hot Toys figure. For example, his belt and scabbard are absolutely meticulous in craft and detail, so much so that the scabbard actually looks and feels like a real 1/6 scale scabbard instead of some hunk of oversize plastic. Both the sword and mace are metal, and perfectly to scale. With a little bit of strategic tucking and tearing, his cloaking falls gorgeously, and paint job is so good on his boots and greaves that I often forget they're plastic. Then you get the two display bases, the flame version of the sword, fully articulated versions of the hands... I could go on and on. Great figure and WAY underrated.

Back