Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found this bad boy at a local shop. Traded my Star Wars Black series figures for him. So bloody happy I finally got him. Now to find a Mouth Of Sauron - I’d even but one minus the horse if it came to it.

81DAE091-CD02-4209-AFBB-6BDFBB28BEC2.jpg

Anyone know what hot toys body can be used as a replacement? I had this figure for a couple of years but the body seem to have gotten weaker. It cant even stand straight anymore.

Anyone know what hot toys body can be used as a replacement? I had this figure for a couple of years but the body seem to have gotten weaker. It cant even stand straight anymore.

Asmus did a replacement body which is still available from ebay otherwise I guess a Hot Toys or Sideshow Darth Vader body would be the right kind of size.

Asmus did a replacement body which is still available from ebay otherwise I guess a Hot Toys or Sideshow Darth Vader body would be the right kind of size.

I prefer hot toys bodies. I will look into getting a Vader body. Thanks .

Hi dudez.
I finally got this great-looking figure.
Before facing all its evil, I'd like to collect as much as possible of the good and wisdom that has been gathered by the community throughout the centuries since the Creation of this thread. Beyond a body switch and a direly needed water treatment, are there any other tips/tricks/flaws/fixes/customizations/best practices/whatever that you, oh saviour ones roaming these parts, may want to share with us lesser beings?
Thanks everyone!
Regards,
m.

Hi dudez.
I finally got this great-looking figure.
Before facing all its evil, I'd like to collect as much as possible of the good and wisdom that has been gathered by the community throughout the centuries since the Creation of this thread. Beyond a body switch and a direly needed water treatment, are there any other tips/tricks/flaws/fixes/customizations/best practices/whatever that you, oh saviour ones roaming these parts, may want to share with us lesser beings?
Thanks everyone!
Regards,
m.
I get that people are helpful on this forum and that you are trying to be polite but the number of figure threads you have asked for info on kinda makes it seem like you expect help as a service. If people want to help, all power to them. I just hope you are appreciating it. Congrats on getting the figure though, it has escape me quite a few times. I don't have much to offer for advice but on BBTS Eowyn is 10% off and includes the Morgul Lord 2.0 body.

^^^
This.
I guess reading through the existing thread for "tips" is just too much work. :rolleyes2

I get that people are helpful on this forum and that you are trying to be polite but the number of figure threads you have asked for info on kinda makes it seem like you expect help as a service. If people want to help, all power to them. I just hope you are appreciating it. Congrats on getting the figure though, it has escape me quite a few times. I don't have much to offer for advice but on BBTS Eowyn is 10% off and includes the Morgul Lord 2.0 body.

You seem dubious with your "you expect help as a service" and "I hope you are appreciating it", as if you somehow implied I am some kind of evil. I just don't feel like I need to proof anything, especially to you. BTW: people are being VERY helpful and charming (most of them, that is). No wonder: this is a forum. I'd do the same anytime for anybody else, especially if everything I had to do was to quickly write something I know well. It is the right thing to do.

I already got a replacement body with the card from the Asmus Ringwraith. I guess it is a Ringwraith body, not a Witchking. I hope it will fit the bill though. If anybody knows better, by all means be my guest.

^^^
This.
I guess reading through the existing thread for "tips" is just too much work. :rolleyes2

Reading entire threads when you can just ask, is not too much work: it is stupid (unless you want to make a PhD on that particular figure).

Best,
m.

Body swap was the only thing mine needed. I got the replacement body, but never got around to swapping it because mine was just in a museum pose anyway when it was on the shelf lol

It's a fantastic, imposing figure. Enjoy!

Hey buddy! Thanks for your input!!
But if you didn't end up using it, did you find any particularly fitting application for your Asmus replacement body?
If you did the switch before you got Asmus' replacement, did you find it difficult to get a proper body for this job? (I mean holding that heavy metal mace)
Which one stood the test? Some Hot Toys job? Did you have to somehow customize/reinforce it?
Thanks,
m.

Body swap was the only thing mine needed. I got the replacement body, but never got around to swapping it because mine was just in a museum pose anyway when it was on the shelf lol

It's a fantastic, imposing figure. Enjoy!

^^^
This.

It really isn’t that hard. Done it more than once and usually find the answers I’m looking for pretty easy. Can usually skip the first 1/4 to half of a thread till you see in hand pictures and go from there. Plus, doing it that way you can get pose ideas.

You seem dubious with your "you expect help as a service" and "I hope you are appreciating it", as if you somehow implied I am some kind of evil. I just don't feel like I need to proof anything, especially to you. BTW: people are being VERY helpful and charming (most of them, that is). No wonder: this is a forum. I'd do the same anytime for anybody else, especially if everything I had to do was to quickly write something I know well. It is the right thing to do.

I already got a replacement body with the card from the Asmus Ringwraith. I guess it is a Ringwraith body, not a Witchking. I hope it will fit the bill though. If anybody knows better, by all means be my guest.

Reading entire threads when you can just ask, is not too much work: it is stupid (unless you want to make a PhD on that particular figure).

Best,
m.

No, its sheer laziness. If you read a thread and then asked questions about issues thats one thing, but you’ve entered multiple threads and just asked. Can’t recall which one it was, but the answer was within five pages.

...or it might be in some post 2 years before.

m.

No, its sheer laziness. If you read a thread and then asked questions about issues thats one thing, but you’ve entered multiple threads and just asked. Can’t recall which one it was, but the answer was within five pages.

Hey buddy! Thanks for your input!!
But if you didn't end up using it, did you find any particularly fitting application for your Asmus replacement body?
If you did the switch before you got Asmus' replacement, did you find it difficult to get a proper body for this job? (I mean holding that heavy metal mace)
Which one stood the test? Some Hot Toys job? Did you have to somehow customize/reinforce it?
Thanks,
m.

Hey bud - I actually still havent used the spare body yet, just keeping it with the witch king in case I decide to swap it at some point (or sell it with the figure eventually).

My witch king was only ever in one pose where there really wasnt any weight being put on the arms, so I never swapped the body or had any issues (the pic below was how I had him displayed), but yeah that first body he came with is pure crap lol

b6b54e857f8c60d615868d2aec7f4b63.jpg

OKOK
Nice display btw.
Thanks!
m.
Hey bud - I actually still havent used the spare body yet, just keeping it with the witch king in case I decide to swap it at some point (or sell it with the figure eventually).

My witch king was only ever in one pose where there really wasnt any weight being put on the arms, so I never swapped the body or had any issues (the pic below was how I had him displayed), but yeah that first body he came with is pure crap lol

b6b54e857f8c60d615868d2aec7f4b63.jpg

Back