Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my WK replacement body. Looks great -- solid shoulders and feet/ankles. Thank you, Asmus!

BIG THANKS to Asmus!

Don't think I've ever seen a company go out of its way like this before, with both the promised WK body and sending out the correct Nazgul sword. I know it eats into your profits... but it is SO APPRECIATED! I look forward to supporting your continued efforts!

Last edited:
Just got my WK replacement body. Looks great -- solid shoulders and feet/ankles. Thank you, Asmus!

BIG THANKS to Asmus!

Don't think I've ever seen a company go out of its way like this before, with both the promised WK body and sending out the correct Nazgul sword. I know it eats into your profits... but it is SO APPRECIATED! I look forward to supporting your continued efforts!
Sorry if this was gone over. How did you get it? You have to have Eowyn first?

If you have purchased a Witch-King body.... just contact Asmus, via PM here on the board or by their CS email (I don't have that but its on their site apparently). If you have preordered Eowyn, then it should be sent to you by the retailer, but if not again contact Asmus.

You must have a Witch-King purchase and an Eowyn purchase to qualify.

Could someone give me some tips here? I've never replaced a body before.. I got my replacement body and I'm switching it over, but it seems like the thigh armor doesn't fit. Also, What about supposed to do with the foot armor? The ball joints on the original body doesn't fit in the new one

Upgraded my Witchking body (finally). I'm glad they offered the replacement body at a relatively reasonable price ($30 shipped), although I wish it wasn't necessary to begin with. That being said, kudos for them for offering the body separately without having to buy Eowyn.

Stark Resilient - I had significant trouble with putting the thigh armor on the new body. It is still pretty low on the leg and I wish it would go higher - were you able to get the thigh armor on all of the way? If so, how did you manage it? I was fiddling with the thigh armor for about 15 minutes and couldn't get it high enough for my tastes (as it is now, it somewhat limits the knee articulation).

Also - the boots/feet pegs from the original Witchking figure were pretty loose in the new body. I had to apply a layer of nail polish lacquer to it and now it's fine. Did anybody else have this problem?

I had those same problems as well.. I couldn't get the thigh armor all the way up, so I'm just going with the limited Knee articulation.. I don't need a crazy amount of it for how I have him posed anyway. For the boots, it was only his right foot that didn't want to stay in.. I used the same trick to tighten up the joint.

I've taken some pics to show the Witch King with his new body. I had the problems being mentioned with the loose feet and tight thigh armour. What I did was to use tacky wax to keep the left foot in, the right was fine and I left the trousers off so the thigh armour went above the knee. You don't notice the trousers are absent as the robes cover it and you get more articulation out of the legs.

Some were curious as to how tall the new body is so here is a height comparison. Old body on the left with the flesh feet new body on the right.

Body Comparison.jpg

Despite the loose feet the new body is much tighter so he can hold his weapons fine and you get a lot of range out of the arms. The hard plastic torso with the high shoulders really supports the head so there is no more flopping around. It is definitely worth getting as it greatly improves this figure. I would still be reluctant to use him without a stand though.

Morgul Lord 004.jpg
Morgul Lord 001.jpg
Morgul Lord 003.jpg
Morgul Lord 007.jpg
Morgul Lord 005.jpg
Eowyn and Morgul Lord004.jpg
Morgul Lord 008.jpg

Thanks for posting this! My order from bbts is in my pile of loot right now so it won't be long before I get mine.

No problem. Also to add to your question about swapping the Witch King's outfit in the Ewoyn thread, I haven't put the sleeves back on in these pics. I prefer the armoured look.

The golden lighting in the top one looks cool and ominous reflected on his armor. He looks pretty cool without the sleeves, they add a lot of bulk.

So glad I came into this thread. Bought this awesome guy from a member here NiB and was a bit disappointed that the joints were so loose.
I actually came here with the hopes of finding some fixes or a different body people were switching to. I am thrilled to know i will now be able to display this badass with weapons poses.

Finally got around to changing the body on the Witch King, and while I'm pretty happy, I too had the problems mentioned above: weak anles (especially the right one on mine) and the thigh armour just won't go all the way up. I heated it up quite a bit to get more pliable, but it was still a chore, and not completely successful.
I did however take the opportunity to give the entire outfit another water treatment, and I also got rid of the outer sleeves. Morgul Lord is looking quite impressive right now!
Thanks for the new body Asmus!

So, if I am interested to this figure, I need to buy the Asmus Witch king and the new body, right? Is this the only witch king ever released? Last question, are there any differences between this one and Morgul Lord? I've found it also with this name and I don't know if it's a different figure..

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

So, if I am interested to this figure, I need to buy the Asmus Witch king and the new body, right? Is this the only witch king ever released? Last question, are there any differences between this one and Morgul Lord? I've found it also with this name and I don't know if it's a different figure..

The actual release name of this figure is 'Morgul Lord.' The Morgul Lord is also referred to as the Witch King of Angmar and regarding this release they are one and the same. The original body it comes with is poor quality, and can be upgraded with a new body purchased directly from Asmus Toys.

Thanks! I've found one used but in good conditions for about 160$ shipped and I'm tempted. Is there any possibility of a new version by Aci Toys? I've seen that their Ringwraith is cool..

Thank you! And do I really need the new body? Consider that I'm planning to pose it with the stand and arms down.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

If you don't plan on having him holding anything up at his side or in front of himself then no he doesn't need the new body. Mine can't even hold his arms out in front of him so I'm happy with the new body.

Back