Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New shipment of this just dropped at bbts. Not shipping my loot for a while but I wonder if Eowyn is just around the corner now.

Really hope the body is improved like was claimed.

New shipment of this just dropped at bbts. Not shipping my loot for a while but I wonder if Eowyn is just around the corner now.

Really hope the body is improved like was claimed.

I just got the Nazgul and the body is the worst. Their bodies are not improving.

Sorry ASMUS, i haven't understand... For people that missed Eowyn preorder there's a chance to obtain these new body?

thanks

He's talking Nazgul and not Witch-king, superdoug (though it's odd to me that the Nazgul are not on good bodies). When I was talking to George about the new WK body, he said that they were using a custom (I think just longer ankle pegs than stock) COO Models tall body. Anyone have any experience with them?

Mine came in last week, however I'm at school and it's back home. I will be heading home tomorrow so I will let you guys know as soon as I open it whether or not the body is an improvement from the last.

Thanks! I have been on the fence about picking up a 2nd one to try out the new body but I am hesitant till someone has one in hand and can confirm the body is new.

Alright so I'll try and keep this semi short, I should mention that I have been an observer of this hobby for quite some time and this figure is only my second.
I also should mention my first was the Hot Toys Star-Lord figure which may have negatively effected my feelings on this guy, considering I was very impressed with that figure. Okay so I never purchased the Morgul Lord the first go around so I have don't the ability to make a true comparison. I will say that this figure does have some floppy joints, now how much does it really take away from the figure I'm not sure. I still really love this guy. His legs are very solid and one arm seems much tighter than the other. I believe the real problem is the body is kind of a cheaper plastic matched with a very heavy set of weapons. The body overall is decent however it's quite a bit off of Hot Toys quality (which makes some sense with the price point). I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy a new one since the body isn't really spectacular but I never dealt with the first body. If you have any more questions I'd love to answer them. The arms can hold up his mace which I should add, they certainly do get the job done, there is some definite room for improvement on the arms though. Overall I'd give this guy a solid 4/5. He really looks great.

Last edited:
So they're promoting the replacement body now on their facebook page...

...just have to find out how to get one now.

1496514_10152704979346968_5444682752293271857_o.jpg

Looks much better. The new batch at bbts is supposed to have it already installed. The others are coming with the first run of Eowyn I think.

Shame I had to cancel my orders. Hope prices on these Asmus figs stay reasonable for a year or two when I can start collecting them again. Need to focus on the LotR PF's first.

its a coo models 1/6 narrow shoulder tall body I think. the price is good and it comes with free shipping.

I don't think it's taller. But it does look much better proportioned. It doesn't have the short torso and extra wide hips that the current body has.

So far it looks good to me. I'm just hoping it's not floppy.

Back