Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Good point about edition sizes. Maybe they will make more of the Nazgul since they know several people will buy multiples, and some nuts will buy 8 or 9 of them.

Maybe I should just find my own replacement body. I've never done that before though... any suggestions that keeps the proportions right for WK?

Assuming it was reasonably priced, I actually wouldn't mind them offering a replacement body for me to buy. As long as we can be assured the proportions are right and the joints are tight, I'd be fine throwing down a few more bucks.

I took the arms and legs of the HT original predator body and put them on the torso of this figure. I'm very happy with the results. The joints are tight and no height was lost. The biceps and thighs were to big though so I had to cut the back of the armor to make it fit.

014.JPG

Assuming it was reasonably priced, I actually wouldn't mind them offering a replacement body for me to buy. As long as we can be assured the proportions are right and the joints are tight, I'd be fine throwing down a few more bucks.

Ditto! I haven't received my Witch King yet so I do not know how bad his joints are, but if they're as bad as some have made them out to be I'd be all over a replacement body designed by Asmus.

Hey guys, Im thinking of buying this but would want to replace the body with a HT's one. Which one would I use? ttm 21? or would a bigger body like Arny work?

I didn't used a ttm21. For som reason the shoulder didn't looked right.
I used a narrow shoulder ht body. Cut the torso in half and inserted a metal rod. Fill the gap with foam. I did the same wiht the legs.
He looks more proportionate than the KP body. I did the same with my Witch King.

The body on mine was horrible and very loose.
Per Elvis, narrow shoulder was the way to go (not sure what TTM that is but his Nazgul on the narrow with height mod looks incredible). I think Arnie's body (TTM20, IIRC) would be way too bulky for the Morgul Lord. He's a wraith, so should be fairly slim, IMO (and I don't recall the movie version looking muscular, but I could be wrong).

Anyway, was trying to stay out of this line, but then saw that Urban Samurai sold out (thanks for mentioning that, Thorondor_33 -- I thought I had more time to order from them, too) and BBTS only has 16 left. Had to pull the trigger before I regretted not getting it at retail. Dammit, I was so proud of myself for not getting sucked into LotR, lol. *shakes fist at Asmus*

:cuss

Last edited:
Per Elvis, narrow shoulder was the way to go (not sure what TTM that is but his Nazgul on the narrow with height mod looks incredible). I think Arnie's body (TTM20, IIRC) would be way too bulky for the Morgul Lord. He's a wraith, so should be fairly slim, IMO (and I don't recall the movie version looking muscular, but I could be wrong).

Anyway, was trying to stay out of this line, but then saw that Urban Samurai sold out (thanks for mentioning that, Thorondor_33 -- I thought I had more time to order from them, too) and BBTS only has 16 left. Had to pull the trigger before I regretted not getting it at retail. Dammit, I was so proud of myself for not getting sucked into LotR, lol. *shakes fist at Asmus*

:cuss

Cool thanks for the info

I was able to fit my witch king into my glass case by feeding his horn threw the hole drilled in the center of my cases top side. I am so glad I was able to fix the joints on this figure. This figure is to awesome to have such crappy joints.

004.JPG

Predator1221, that's a great pose! How did you fix the joints?

I removed the arms and the legs from a spare original predator body I had, and I put them on the torso that came with this figure. It adds some bulk to the figure and doesn't sacrifice any height.

After some collection rearranging I discovered this figure looks awesome with the new Medicom Skyward Sword Link.

Mine arrived today. It's a really cool figure but dang, the joints are beyond weak! :( I will be looking to some modding to fix this. I also feel the sleeves are a bit bulky so I'll remove them. I will also need to water this guy down someday.

Removed the sleeves and played around with poses, and found one I really liked!

I have to say your first post with pics of him made him look terrible. But you fixed him up to look really nice. I think when he shows his arms, it makes the figure so much better. Great pose too.

Back