Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... looks much better without the heavy sleeves, but I just can't bring myself to cut them off. I have rolled them back and watered them down a few times, but there is no getting rid of them really unless you just take the scissors to them.

I have to say your first post with pics of him made him look terrible. But you fixed him up to look really nice. I think when he shows his arms, it makes the figure so much better. Great pose too.

Agreed, I was quite unhappy with the first photos. He looked way to bulky and I just couldn't find a good looking pose. Removing the sleeves was a huge improvement. He would look even better if I watered him down! :)

Yeah... looks much better without the heavy sleeves, but I just can't bring myself to cut them off. I have rolled them back and watered them down a few times, but there is no getting rid of them really unless you just take the scissors to them.

No need to cut them off, just remove them! They are held on with an elastic inside the sleeve, and they can be pulled off easily. Simply remove the two pieces of arm armor and the sleeve will pull right off! :) Does all that make sense? If not I can get some pics tonight showing the process of removing the sleeves. :)

Oh yeah? Cool. With how much I've futzed those sleeves around, I'm surprised I didn't notice that. I'll take a stab at it later today.

Got the sleeves removed and he looks really good. I wish there was an in between though, cause he does feel slightly bare now. The in between would be cutting the sleeves up I suppose.

Great info. I never knew the sleeves could be removed without cutting. I will do that because I think it looks better without the sleeves.

I'd think you'd have to go secondary market, at this point. Usually if I see retailers carrying something like this that's sold out everywhere else, they jack up the price.

Not a big fan of that look because it's inaccurate... I'm sure there's a way to futz the sleeves. Been too lazy to work on it though.

Not a big fan of that look because it's inaccurate... I'm sure there's a way to futz the sleeves. Been too lazy to work on it though.

Yeah it is a little off. The perfect look is somewhere between and would require cutting the sleeves. They are just so damn big and heavy that it's nearly impossible to futz them to not just dangle over the armor.

I just tore them and tucked them behind, the torn edge blends on this figure and I can just bring the material forward If I get tired of the look

Will Asmus make the flying steed for their witch king? just like making the horse for ringwraith.
If yes, this is interesting.

Even if it's out of proportion, I want a fell beast! Just make it like the size of HT Hulk and I'll be happy.

Yeah, to get the proportions right, a 1/6 Fell Beast would be room sized! :lol

I don't think we want a repeat of ToyBiz's superchicken from back in the day! :lol

Lol. I still have two of those superchickens. My son wants me to hang them in his room but first I need to track down the AOME wraiths. If you sit one of them on it the proportions are close to being correct.

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I've read a bunch of pages in the thread and can't remember if it was specifically said or not, but what is the best body to port the Morgul Lord over to?

Back